PDA

View Full Version : Pool of business jet pilots?

keith_mkm
19th May 2008, 09:59
Hi,

I am a private pilot with FAA/JAA IR, ME, etc. I am considering a purchase of smaller jet (citation, hawker 400, etc) and am wondering about access to pilots to fly as captain with me in the right seat while i gain practical experience (as i am only doing my jet transition now). I am currently a netjets fractional owner and will keep that as well so I am bit familar with using the small jet world. My main issue is that it would not be rewarding for me a pilot to be employed by me full time as my schedule is quite erratic with sometimes lots of flying and sometimes none for six weeks. Is there anyway to contact a group of very experienced pliots (as my family will be flying with us) that are type-rated on certain aircraft for contract work as necessary? other suggestions are welcome.

many thanks in advance.

keith

African Drunk
19th May 2008, 11:06
check your pm

Fred
19th May 2008, 13:02
There a quite a few freelance captains around, particularly on the C525 & C550. You would be unlucky if one of them couldn't do your trip. Put your plane on the M-reg for convenient use of both FAA & JAA crew. Should you end up buying one of these types post again and I'm sure they would be delighted to pm you their details.

African Drunk
19th May 2008, 13:11
M reg means no AOC flights so atm is only good for private.

B200Drvr
22nd May 2008, 13:53
Keith, Check PM's

keith_mkm
29th May 2008, 12:19
Thank you for all your replies. I am in the research stages so its great to get all the information. I hope to complete something by the end of the summer. I will be in touch.

Keith