PDA

View Full Version : All S'pore SCV Subscribers

Hermie
21st Mar 2001, 08:44
Hey yer all !!

Listen, I do not know if you fellas heard of Discovery Wings Channel. Its such an awesome Chanel for us, Aviation Enthusiast ! 24 hours they talk about planes, planes and more planes. EVrything you wanted to know about planes or just pass your time or learn more about them. Discovery Wings Channel is the one !

I called SCV and enquired about the program. I was told if we mail SCV or leave thema comment about what program you want to watch and if quite a number of people ask for it too, they might consider having it as an extra channel !

Since you lads are all aviation enthusiast like I am, I think we NEED this channel. So help me out and other enthusiast by leaving them a comment saying you want the Discovery Wings Channel. Keep this circulating and Hope that they'll think about it !!

Cheers yer all ... !!

Program Name : Discovery Wings Channel
SCV Website : http://www.scv.com.sg/about_scv/default.asp

WLT
21st Mar 2001, 12:47
Finally something meaningful in the Far East Forum for all of us. Will check out the website.

Cheers

Hermie
21st Mar 2001, 13:06
Cheers to you too !!

We should make use of the bloody cable TV, rite !!

Heheheh :)

Sunny
22nd Mar 2001, 07:13
Good call Hermie.

Boink
22nd Mar 2001, 16:23
Thanks,

count me in!!!!!!!

boeinglover
27th Mar 2001, 05:26
Good idea.

I am joining in to vote. Yeh!! Wings is definitely a wonderful program.

Cheers.

boeinglover
22nd Apr 2001, 20:01
Hermie,

What number did you call to contact SCV regarding the Wings channel?

I missed a couple of shows featuring Airliners and just wonder if SCV would be willing to schedule and replay those for aviation lovers like us??

Cheers,

Hermie
22nd Apr 2001, 21:50
Boeinglover,

I called 873 3333, but, they asked me to email them instead.

I recently got their reply after quite sometime.

--------------------------------------------

With reference to your enquiry, we would like to inform you that "Discovery Wings" is a diginet service available in the United States and not available in Asia. You would be pleased to know that the "Wings" series is aired on Discovery Channel SCV Ch12 on Saturdays at 10pm, repeats on Sundays at 4pm. Another series "Aviator - Xmen" is aired on Sundays at 11pm.

We hope to have addressed your enquiries adequately. Please feel free to e-mail us at [email protected] should you require further assistance.

Thank you.

Kind regards
Karen Loh
Senior Officer, Customer Service

---------------------------------------------

Sigh.. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Best Regards,
Herman

------------------
Ad Astra Per Aspera

boeinglover
23rd Apr 2001, 19:59
Hermie,

So I guess we have no choice but to stick to their schedule and try our very best to catch their show then.

As I believe SCV is just another TV network provider. Is there an on-line Wings Channel where we can watch the previous shows??? Hope there is!!

Anyway, happy watching guys if not just planes videos would be an excellent substitute for it.

Cheers,

crl
24th Apr 2001, 19:52
Good effort Hermie. Got excited for a while, thought finally we could get such a good aviation channel in Singapore.....
Cheers.