PDA

View Full Version : Good flight school near Brisbane?

Aerofoil
19th May 2008, 07:39
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone can suggest a flight school, who mainly train pilots for an airline career, with a good reputation in or around the Brisbane area?

Many thanks in advance

Foil

VH-FTS
19th May 2008, 09:06
none in brisbane (archerfield)

go north to redcliffe aero club

You're joking! Good for a PPL maybe, but definately not airline training.

ForkTailedDrKiller
19th May 2008, 09:12
go north to redcliffe aero club, or south to aus. wings academy @ gold coast

... or west to Darling Downs Aeroclub in Toowoomba !

Dr :8

Desert Duck
19th May 2008, 10:26
Go west

Darling Downs Aero Club has a good reputation

MCKES
19th May 2008, 10:30
I would second the Airline Academy of Australia. They have a fleet of now mostly 'modern' C172R's As well as C172RG's and Duchess'. Quality instruction as well especially at AAA.

Jabawocky
19th May 2008, 12:34
AAA have a good guy.....ask for Leo!

Bryan Carpentar at Caboolture is a good option if you want to be away from the city a bit!

Toowoomba is another good option!

J:ok:

RED WINGS
19th May 2008, 17:11
Try Gil Layt at Archerfield, very friendly and helpful.

triathlon
20th May 2008, 10:21
can not go past Hempels aviation. Have been around for years and many are now in the airlines due to their training. You will not do any better than them!

Ixixly
21st May 2008, 01:37
Honestly, as you can already see everyone has their fav at AF, my suggestion is simply to pop along to AF if its possible for you and stop in at a few of these places (probably book to see someone first as they can be quite busy at the moment!!) i train at AF and each has their pros and cons depending on what your after exactly.

FTA and AAA have both been pretty good in my experience but FTA is going through some changes at the moment with new ownership which should see it become better soon whilst AAA have a fairly well built and sturdy approach. Don't have any experience with Hempels or Gil myself though except in the air.

And if your looking for ground instruction i would highly recommend Ground Time, Sparse is an older timer there who as been around and still has a lot of contacts keeping him up-to-date on whats the latest and greatest!!

MakeItHappenCaptain
21st May 2008, 12:58
What.... They gave Hempel's back their AOC???:rolleyes:

Seriously, check all the schools at AF rather than listening to individual recommendations.
You may find Gil's leaving shortly due to exorbitant rents....
Another success for the AAC business plan.:mad:

Ixixly
21st May 2008, 14:00
AAC Business Plan:

1. Raise prices for everything aviation related
3. Profit!!!

:E