PDA

View Full Version : Working With MAS Or SIA

ChrisLim
20th Jun 2001, 07:19
Hi people,
I would like to know if i were to to get my commercial pilotliciense in Australian Flying Training School , Will i be able to get a job with SIA or MAS ( As its recognised by both country? )

In addition to this, is there any other well-known or recognised affordable flying school?

Please help me...

combi pilot
22nd Jun 2001, 23:56
Chris,

Read the other threads on becoming an SIA pilot carefully. There are many such recommendations from ppruners who're either with SIA/MAS now or have been.

Ironically, a well-recognised flying school in oz doesn't usually correspond with "affordable" and that depends on YOUR definition of affordable too.

CPL packages range from 30K with smaller schools to 45K or more for more internationally recognised institutions such as BAe Adelaide. There are really a multitude of schools out there offering training to CPL standards but you must consider if you really need it.

For starters, SQ offers a cadetship so you don't necessarily have to have flying qualifications as they will take you through the whole way. Not sure for MAS though.

You might consider asking about good schools offering CPL training in the Dunnanda & Godzone forum since you're asking about australian ones. Hope that helps.

Sunny
25th Jun 2001, 10:12
Chris,

If you want to join SIA, don't bother getting a licence outside. It may not help you in getting a job anyway. If you are Singaporean, try joining the RSAF first. But spending the cash at a flight school would be a waste of the cash.