PDA

View Full Version : Company Contact Policy...ref. SQ HR Dept. thread (RIP!)

Sick Squid
16th Mar 2001, 15:25
Right, here be the Gospel According to PPRuNe about what goes and does not go when people request information on how to contact the various aviation companies that make up this rich tapestry upon which we weave our trade. Grumbling about "How much better it is at Emirates" the whole time...

If you want to post a telephone/fax number or contact address/e-mail then it MUST fit in with the following criteria, otherwise it will vanish into the ether faster than a management pilot spotted lurking at the back of a union meeting;

The details must be available on a company website, or widely available (read to Joe Public, NOT internal only) company publication. Internal telephone numbers with names attached (including the rather derogatory and disrespectful use of nicknames I saw on the HR thread) should not be posted.

e-Mail addresses should include the company name somewhere, so as to be readily identifiable as non-personal.

NB; If you have your e-Mail address visible on your Profile (click on the link at the top of this page to amend it if you want) then there is nothing to stop PPRuner's e-mailing you with more information privately.

The background? As usual, some people have been too clever in the past and posted private addresses and contact numbers. This is not big, not clever, and not happening on my watch! If you live in a part of the World where such information is readily available and published, then fine, but it is still will not stay up on a Worldwide Bulletin Board.

Now the original SQ HR Dept. thread will remain closed; I've edited out the telephone numbers, they were up long enough for those who wanted them to have copied them so no need to repost, thank you.

That's it. "Now if I'd joined EK back in '96 I'd have been ..... blah blah blah" fading into the distance over India.....

Sick Squid
Far East Forum Moderator

[This message has been edited by Sick Squid (edited 16 March 2001).]