PDA

View Full Version : KA CPP - rejection letter by post?

cxcadet
19th May 2008, 03:32
Hi All,

Does anyone know if KA actually send you a rejection letter by mail? I got asked an updated postal address to 'further process my application'... HMMMMM...

Any suggestions?

Cheers

gone_with_the_wind
19th May 2008, 07:58
good to you ....

I got no feedback after taking the written / numeric test...

if i'm not mistaken, they say "applicants will receive phone call within 1 week if they pass the test. Otherwise, they will receive no notice...".

i have already waited for 2.x weeks..... which means i'm dead ..... :ugh:

G-VSSH
19th May 2008, 16:00
When did u do your written test?

I think you only receive a 'rejection letter' if you failed the interviews.

cxcadet
20th May 2008, 01:48
Thanks for all the replies - in fact, they sent me an email asking me for a current postal address to further process my application - I'm just hoping they're not sending me an email to ask for my postal address to reject me??

gone_with_the_wind
20th May 2008, 03:18
But I just did the written eng + numeric test.... didn't have the interview...

will i still get the reject letter???

Matt_777
20th May 2008, 16:44
I was unsuccessful last time after the aptitude test and they simply won't call you, if you don't get any call 2 weeks after the test then it's like auto-declined.

I've just done my aptitude test again this year, it was the same thing as last year and I don't see I have made huge progress.....it's quite tough I must say, way tougher than CX's. The lady said if I don't get a call within 2 weeks then that's it.

vexXed
21st May 2008, 12:35
I'm not sure about KA informing you by mail but when I didn't make the CX one I was sent a letter saying I didn't make it. As for KA, they called me about 1 week after my written/numerical tests. Then they called me back again about 1 week after the aptitude tests asking me to come for the interview.

aviation3000
24th May 2008, 08:33
You figure after all the trouble you go through with these airlines, the LEAST they could do is give you a nice reply whether you pass or declined.

The problem with HR is that their so lazy to even do the nicest thing... I feel sorry for the overseas guys/girls who travel so far to do this and get the silient treatment... its just wrong...

What do you think...

vexXed
25th May 2008, 07:22
You figure after all the trouble you go through with these airlines, the LEAST they could do is give you a nice reply whether you pass or declined.

The problem with HR is that their so lazy to even do the nicest thing... I feel sorry for the overseas guys/girls who travel so far to do this and get the silient treatment... its just wrong...

What do you think...

Well I suppose you could always call them and ask them about it? I do remember the lady saying that if you haven't heard from them in 1 or 2 weeks then to consider the application unsuccessful.

I'm sure Dragonair HR have a lot of things to keep occupied with hence why they tell you the above instead of writing to each and every individual informing them that they could not make it this time.

Plus, it isn't their fault that you come all the way from Vancouver to take the tests, although I can see your frustrations. It's just hard as they probably expect HK locals to actually be in HK at the time. I reckon you should chase them up to see what is going on though.