PDA

View Full Version : Emirates...

preduk
19th May 2008, 00:50
I done a quick search on this topic, but couldn't find anything sadly!

I'm flying to Beijing to study at a local University for a couple of weeks and will be flying with Emirates to UAE then onwards to Beijing on the 31st of May.

I'm currently doing my flight training at Prestwick with the intentions of going commercial in a couple of years however for the time being I'm trying to take the opportunity to visit as many cockpits and speak to as many aircrew as possible about the different types of flying.

I understand since 9/11 there has been a number of legislation changes regarding passengers visiting the flight deck, but I'm unaware of the coverage of such legislation.

Does anyone know what the likelihood of me visiting the flight deck on one of these flights would be? And, if there is such an opportunity, what is the best way to get involved.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread. :ok:

linedriva
19th May 2008, 03:43
Unfortunately, they likelyhood of visiting the cockpit inflight are zero. If you have good crew, they may accept a visit on the ground after landing, but you will have to ask the them.

Good luck with your studies.

TightSlot
19th May 2008, 07:18
preduk - with great respect, may I ask you to please consider taking a quick glance at the forum FAQ (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3978333&postcount=1), where this and many other questions are answered.

atiuta
19th May 2008, 07:52
Preduk

The legislation does vary from country to country and airline to airline. Any airlines that do allow passengers in the flight deck are totally restricted to the staff of their own airline and it would be a brave Captain that went outside those parameters. Given events of 9/11, I personally would not permit any unknown passenger regardless of the rules.

To answer your question, Emirates has an emphatic "no passenegrs on the flight deck" rule.

preduk
19th May 2008, 12:50
Hi Tightshot,

Thanks for that. I seen the threat but wanted to see if anyone knew what Emirates and the UAE's opinion was on this.

----------------

I will just need to try and ask before/after we land to have a quick look up front.

Thanks for the replies.