PDA

View Full Version : Who's Recruiting 747-400 Drivers?

Hard Rock
18th May 2008, 19:39
Does anyone have any information on anyone (contract or permanent) who is currently looking for 747-400 rated crew. Also, if you now what the Terms & Conditions are a brief indication would be appreciated. :ok:

RED WINGS
18th May 2008, 19:45
Korean were advertising recently in Flight as are Dragon Air I think...good luck!

Tropical Update
19th May 2008, 00:11
JADE, Great Wall and TNT were recently looking for pilots. Don't know the T&C's. More recently (also in Flight International), Air China and Singapore Cargo. Good Luck

Hard Rock
19th May 2008, 03:11
Thank you RED WINGS & Tropical Update for the information. I am currently working for NCA on a Parc contract & the working conditions, for Western crew here, are sinking so rapidly that if they were linked to an EGPWS the "SINK RATE" would never stop! :eek:

I was particularly interested in Cathay, I've read the feedback from crew on other threads but is anybody actually happy there. Would a Cathay person please update us as to the latest salary scales, rostering & seniority please?

Also interested to hear what it's like with Great Wall. Jade, Singapore & TNT along with any 'hidden gems:' you know the best kept secrets in aviation as NCA once was. :ok:

bluepilot
19th May 2008, 07:48
British Airways are recruiting direct entry 747-400 first officers.

ix_touring
19th May 2008, 08:20
Great wall have an ad in Flight Int this week. 5 year contract, school fees etc, bonus on end of contract.

I'll dig it out if needed.

iX

Hard Rock
19th May 2008, 10:11
Thanks once again bluepilot & ix_touring. I'll look up Great Wall or if you have a link that would be appreciated. BA is a no starter for me I'm afraid: being mid-career & having to go to the bottom of a very long seniority list. I'm looking at command options right now, or at least a seniority list that would permit a command within a year or so.

Tropical Update
19th May 2008, 11:32
Hard Rock, in that case I think Cathay Cargo might be your best option IMHO. As far as I have heard through the grapevine, it is very difficult to get a left seat with most contract jobs. I heard that with Jade the possibility is to get a command on the B737 with Shenzhen Airlines and then later on (couple of years) going to the -400. With these kind of jobs, your best chances are to get a DEC if you have previous command time on type. Exceptions are made for command time on B74X (SINCargo).

Cathay Cargo has a rapid-command kind of deal, you need at least 6000TT and command-time on a B747.

Hope this helps.

Hard Rock
20th May 2008, 06:44
That's kind of what I've been thinking TU, I have over 6,000 hours total, command time & 1,000+ hours on the -400. I don't mind a move to a carrier into the right seat at all but I don't want to sit there for the next five years, if you know what I mean:sad: Cathay sound like an option to me but I'm not too sure about there current T & Cs etc. I was also wondering about any executive flying, the type of jobs that you don't get advertised in Flight International?