PDA

View Full Version : Missing Log Books for G-GILT can anyone help !

Flyer2008
18th May 2008, 16:12
Missing Log Books can anyone help !!
Guys,

I'm trying to locate the whereabouts of over 8 years of now MISSING US Logbooks of Cessna 421C G-GILT.

We have tried the previous maintenance organisations in the UK who have maintained the a/c but still without joy.

Maybe one of you out there used to fly the thing and may be able to help.

I'm getting desperate to locate them.

Can anyone shed any light onto my problem

NutLoose
19th May 2008, 11:38
Can you not contact the CAA and ask who the importer was?

Flyer2008
19th May 2008, 19:23
Nutloose,

We already know its History and who imported it. Unfortunately the original imported was killed in a plane crash here in the UK a few years back so thats a no brainer.

We have discussed the possibility of lost logs with every maintenance company that has worked on the a/c other than those out of business and so far still no joy.

We do know that at one stage they was a dispute with the a/c owner and a third party many years ago so maybe they are with this 3rd party. We are trying everything in our power to locate them.

They must be somewhere grrrrrr

Aztec Driver
19th May 2008, 19:47
Why don't you contact the current owner Cloud9 aviation (Leasing) and ask them?:rolleyes:

SeldomFixit
20th May 2008, 04:26
Cudos for the Google work Aztec but why would the latest owner hold what the previous 15 or so haven't ?:ugh:

Aztec Driver
20th May 2008, 06:08
Why would a third party want the Log Books for someone elses aircraft ?

Bus429
21st May 2008, 07:08
From Part M AMC M.A.305 (h) "...Reconstruction of lost or destroyed records can be done by reference to other records which reflect the time in service, research of records maintained by repair facilities and reference to records maintained by individual mechanics etc. When these things have been done and the record is still incomplete, the owner/operator may make a statement in the new record describing the loss and establishing the time in service based on the research and the best estimate of time in service. The reconstructed records should be submitted to the competent authority for acceptance.
NOTE: Additional maintenance may be required."

Note that Part 145 does not require the AMO to send maintenance records to the owner/operator; merely details of mods, repairs, CRS and the LBE. The 145 org only has to retain records of maintenance accomplished by them for 2 years from the date of that maintenance.

jxk
21st May 2008, 08:16
This should be a lesson to all aircraft owners to keep a tight rein over their logbooks and maintenance records. It's amazing how many people don't keep their aircraft logbooks up to date and allow them to float around not knowing where they are. Aircraft without proper logbooks are almost worthless because of the difficulties in trying to reconstruct their details. In the case of engines its more or less necessary to zero time them as this is the only way of validating their authenticity; not cheap.

Flyer2008
21st May 2008, 10:24
Aztec :-

Cant speak to Cloud 9 as the aircraft has been repossessed from them and I'm acting on behalf of the bank to dispose of the aircraft.

Bus429 :-

Repduction does work but the problem is it still has a huge impact on the resale value of the a/c. We have learnt this from past experience on something we owned ourselves a few years ago.

NutLoose
21st May 2008, 14:01
Sorry was only trying to help. Say If it was maintained at somewhere like Rogers can you not contact say the ex Chief Engineer of indeed IAE at cranfield as most went there........ and try a route like that.

Flyer2008
21st May 2008, 17:37
Nutloose,

I appreciate your help and input.

To be honest we have tried all the maintenance organisation where the a/c has been maintained since day one as we now have a full map of owners and maintenance organsations but so far no one can find anything.

Our only chance at present is a previous owner that we are still trying to reach and also we have learnt in the past few days that a owner quite a few years ago now had a huge dispute with the pilot. now in the end things got messy and as a result the a/c was sold on. Now we are hoping that that pilot in question may still have the logs.

We are starting to run out of places to go now grrr this is driving us mad.

NutLoose
22nd May 2008, 11:48
Perhaps if you posted the said maintenance organisation lists, people in here may be in a position to point you in the right direction.

SpeedbirdXK8
22nd May 2008, 14:39
Flyer 2008, can you PM me about Cloud 9 and if possible leave a contact number.

camlobe
22nd May 2008, 17:30
Flyer2008, check your PM's.

camlobe

Flyer2008
22nd May 2008, 17:46
To everyone posting here I can now confirm that infact Repossession of this aircraft has not occured and this was misinformation given.

As to the actual log books it appears that they are issues of which I'm not at liberty to say or discuss either on here on via private PM's.

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED BUT WE DO THANK YOU FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE ATTEMPTED TO HELP US LOCATE LOG BOOKS FOR THIS AIRCRAFT.

BLEED-AIR
22nd May 2008, 18:14
Is the bank you represent offering a consideration for the location of the Golden Eagle logbooks or are you appealing to the "Goodness of our Hearts" to assist you to collect the pay off.:eek:

Flyer2008
22nd May 2008, 20:28
Bleedair

Those who have attempted to help have done so out of kindness and I'm greatful for there assistance.

Subject now dealt with

END OF THREAD AS PREVIOUSLY ADVISED.