PDA

View Full Version : Trans Malidivian Airlines - Terms and Conditions

C212-100
18th May 2008, 15:54
Hi everybody.

I am a C212 Captain, flying for the Portuguese Air Force, my time with the militaries is coming to its end and I am looking for a new place to work and really not feeling like the airline kind of pilot. Need sometinhg different than being a FO on the S/H buses or B73... Heard about Trans Maldivian from a friend and took a look at their website: www.tma.cm.mv. Sent them an e-mail to know about current vacancies and now they are asking for my CV and Application Form.

Anyone knows anything about T&C's at Trans Maldivian and the cost of living in Male?

Much obliged.

Best Regards.

P.S.: Also if someone knows anything about Denim Air of Holland and Medavia of Malta feel free to share with me.

Jetboat
3rd Oct 2008, 09:20
Just a word of advice, do not choose Medavia as they promise a lot, when you accept, you re in for a big surprise. Pilots are leaving because of the bad attitude management have towards pilots.

Xarula
18th Oct 2008, 10:24
bons dias,

o a titulo de curiosidade ja encontrou algumas informaçoes acerca da medavia? eu estive la no mes passado numa entrevista e entrei, devo comecar em novembro com eles, pareceram uma boa empresa e tenho camaradas portugueses na frota dos casa, embora va para o B1900D existira contacto entre as tripulaçoes.
as condiçoes sao optimas e um colega meu entrou directo a comando para o casa 212 se calhar n sera ma ideia mandar tb o seu curriculum.
bons voos e boa sorte

diarmuid8
18th Oct 2008, 16:11
write in English

Xarula
18th Oct 2008, 17:30
my appologies, my intention was to send a private msg not to post on the actual thread.
my msg is just comenting my experience with medavia as i've just been accepted by them to join the team.
sorry once again

Tim Horton
20th Oct 2008, 22:58
That's the first time i've seen someone else who flies the Casa212. I fly one for a geographic survey company in Canada. If you want to work in the Maldives you should apply to Ken Borek Air in Calgary I think they operate 26 twin otters on floats over there.

C212-100
21st Oct 2008, 07:46
In the Portuguese Air Force the Casa212 is still flying operationally. Either as SAR, Maritime Surveillance or General Transport ship.

Greetings to you! Happy flying.

Enjoying the Casa? :)

Cheers.

Tim Horton
21st Oct 2008, 15:48
Yes I really enjoy flying it although the performance is considerably reduced due to the loop we have installed around it for survey ops. The two Casa's we operate are the only ones certified to fly in Canada which is why it is quite unusual to see when we pull into different airports up here.
Should be no problem for you to transition to a twin otter from the Casa if you go to the Maldives. You may have to get a float endorsement if you don't already but that is a short process.

Tim Horton
21st Oct 2008, 15:50
Also forgot to mention check out AVCANADA :::WELCOME::: (http://avcanada.ca/) and use the search function and there is alot of info regarding TMA.

C212-100
23rd Oct 2008, 12:27
Tim, thank you very much!

I have already flown once as a "F/O" on a Twotter with a good friend of mine that is (was) a Captain flying in Africa... I found it in many ways very similar in handling to the Casa... I would really love to fly floats anywhere but in the Maldives it is coming more and more difficult to grab a F/O place there as the operators are obliged to admit locals for those positions.

Cheers.