PDA

View Full Version : Dana Air Start-up

Rani
18th May 2008, 12:46
Hello everyone,

Lagos-based Dana Air is taking delivery of two MD-83 this month. Anyone in the know as to when they'll start operations? If NCAA proving flights are required then I can't see them launching before July?

Wonderful to see new entrants because capacity is not meeting demand lately, and competition is always welcome! :ok:

Sir Osis of the river
18th May 2008, 12:53
Sorry, I cant resist asking Balewa if Dana will employ expat pilots?

(Come on Balewa, see the funy side..)

Flying Touareg
18th May 2008, 14:45
here is a picture of one of the ex alaskan airlines MD -83. 5N DAL

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/photos/015NDAL.jpg (some windows missing:confused:)

Will Dana Air use MMA2? Any idea of routes also?

18left
18th May 2008, 18:30
Rani i do welcome competition,but i believe theres excess capacity,even the so called peak flights ie Early AM departures to Abuja/PH/Accra are rarely full,across board.I would have thought that it would be much better to test the market with smaller equipment e.g CRJ/EMB family
But lets wait and see which new tricks they might bring.
Am quite disappointed that they are looking for type rated pilots,already shows a past and familiar trend...... .........

dynamicd
18th May 2008, 18:55
Is this DANA an off shoot of the old Dana Aiep based in Kaduna?

5N AREABOY
18th May 2008, 19:10
Is this DANA an off shoot of the old Dana Aiep based in Kaduna

Sorry it is an Off shoot of KIA motors.It is a different company owned by indians.

NIJASEA
19th May 2008, 21:02
Starting a new airline is always wise to get typed pilots to lower the initial start up cost and training once established has always been the norm in the industry, I dont think its a hoorah moment bringing in MD's to operate in the country when others are starting with more modern equipment but hope they are well maintained. Saw the add for management posts in my last flight. Best of luck everyone who makes it in.:ok:

JABAG
20th May 2008, 18:36
Hi guys,
dont forget that Sosolisso operated MD 8os. There are still a few pilots available.
However the market for experienced Nigeria pilots has dried up.