PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Examination fees ?

spearomic
18th May 2008, 09:12
Hi,

I am about to start a JAA long distance ATPL theorical program, and for this I am trying to balance all the cost to find the better deal:rolleyes:.
So far from what I have found in Europe (UK, Belgium, France) it's around 3000euros, in Naples Florida (associated with UK) it is 2000euros. But none of them include the examination fees. All I know it is around 900euros in France, but what about Blegium or UK ?
If anyone knows please let me know.

Cheers

Whirlygig
18th May 2008, 09:19
In the UK, they are £63 each i.e. £882 for all 14 exams not including resits. Don't forget to factor in travel and accommodation!

Cheers

Whirls

IRISHPILOT
20th May 2008, 07:06
In Slovakia you use a photocopy of the Oxford notes and the examination fee is 240 Euro. All in English.

spearomic
20th May 2008, 17:37
Oh really, but do you know a school there to sign me off with a long distance program, didn't find it on google...

Thanks

IRISHPILOT
20th May 2008, 20:20
Well, even for a long distance programme, you need to sit some classes, as far as I remember. - Some countries (the smaller, new EU member states) don't officially offer long distance courses, but if you go and talk to the schools in person, usually something can be arranged.

As it is not too difficult to get into Air Madagascar if you are local, this may be an option? A colleague of mine started off with them is with a JAA airline now. They paid everything...

If you are with them already, then your distance learning JAA ATPL may be a lot less...

cheers IP