PDA

View Full Version : Star Alliance miles tickets from SNG to BRB

Capt Pax
28th Sep 2000, 14:57
Here's my problem. I have enough Star Alliance frequent flyer miles on UAL to fly four pax to Brisbane, Australia. I want to buy one more ticket for the 5th one of us. We need to leave on the 20th of October and return the 28th. SQ only has one flight either direction on these days.
I called UAL and they told me their quota was filled for miles-based tickets on SQ on my requested and adjacent dates and that I should call SQ and find open travel dates. I called SQ and was told this would do no good as they had no way to see how many of UAL's quota seats were available. The run-around begins.

Thoroughly confused and frustrated, I called UAL back and was told to just keep trying back every couple of days.

I really would like to button these ticket arrangements up as I have a substantial investment already obligated to condos and dive boats in Bribane. Is there, perchance, someone with either SQ or UAL who can help me figure out which person I need to talk to in this increasingly frustrating circle? Better yet, anyone know of a way to get it done without having to call half of Singapore's general aviation community? HELP

Capt Pax
USAF Nav (Ret.) (damn flight surgeon )

Gladiator
30th Sep 2000, 02:58
Freebe on SQ by using UAL miles. Good luck Capt Pax, keep us posted of the outcome.

Meanwhile can anyone recommend a good place in hell to buy a fur coat.