PDA

View Full Version : airline interview help

coopycoops
17th May 2008, 22:04
my neighbour has asked me to find out any people who aid with prep for airline interviews.....i remember that there is a lady who was in recruitment for an airline (poss XL) and now has her own business helping people prep for interviews....think she is based in the south east uk......anybody got some info i would appreciate it

Nearly There
18th May 2008, 09:48
I believe she has stopped doing that now and moved to France. So a liitle bird tells me.:(

Fox_one
18th May 2008, 10:48
I've recently had interviews for a mentored scheme with a well known FTO and subsequently an airline. I imagine an interview after training may be a little more challenging and probably include more technical questions but I found using these forums and the following book really useful. It’s a bit "Americanised", if that’s even a word but the tips are useful.

Checklist for Success: A Pilot's Guide to the Successful Airline Interview.

The most common interview style these days appears to be competency based. For example, to assess teamwork; give me an example of when you achieved a positive outcome working in team and what role did you play? I treat interviews in a similar way to exams and prepare by noting down examples of work/ life experiences which satisfy the various qualities a pilot must possess.

I then learn these and practice delivering them. Getting a family member or friend to do a mock interview can be helpful, but only if they can keep a straight face while you reel off your life story. You didn't tell us the profile of your neighbour i.e young or old/experienced or not? There are career services provided by the government for "young people", which may be able to help with interview prep for free. The website says the service is for 13-19 yr olds http://www.connexions-direct.com

Hope that helps