PDA

View Full Version : What australian licence is reconize in S'pore

DC
8th Jan 2001, 15:39
I am intending to go to australia to obtain my CPL ,was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is reconize,if not what is the next best choice.And what are the chances of getting a job in S'pore after that..
Thanks

MASystem
8th Jan 2001, 16:17
Contact your CAAS and ask them. They'll be helpful.

DC
8th Jan 2001, 16:22
Thanks MASystem,hoe about getting a job in S'pore.Beside the airlines ,is there anything else .

Frying Dutchman
9th Jan 2001, 09:48
Hi DC..

Can u tell me which part of Aust are u going and which school? I m currently doing my CPL in Melbourne.

Regards

BorneoPilot
9th Jan 2001, 13:13
Hi! I`m a Malaysian currently doing CPL, Multi-IR in Canada. think SIA cadets are sent to Australia to get their CPL. so I guess it is a one to one to the CAA UK licenses that Singapore/Malaysia recognice. Canadian CPL are more in tuned to the FAA. so I`ll need to get it converted back home.

DC
9th Jan 2001, 19:02
Hi Frying Dutchman,

I am Glad that you replied. In regards to your query I will be going to the Australian College of Aviation in Melbourne.If you could provide me with further details or help in regards to the flying license, I would be really grateful.Hope to hear from you soon

Regards
DC

DC
9th Jan 2001, 19:06
Hope this gets through

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
10th Jan 2001, 08:11
Dear Chaps,

SIA train their pilots at Jandakott airport Perth Western Australia where they have their own training school, but the cadets there sit the UK 6 CAA examinations I believe it is through the CAA external / international examination service. This differs substantially from the CASA Australian examinations both in content and in recognition.
As for Malaysian conversion I have posted the relevent details in page 01 of the Melaka Flying Acadamy post.
Hope this is helpful to you all.

Happy Flying, Capt Wooblah.

Chill
10th Jan 2001, 21:19
Capt Wooblah is pretty much on the mark. The SIA trainees do not get issued an Australian licence because CAAS does not recognise any of them off the cuff. The issued licence is UK then converted to S'pore.

when my cousin was heading up a flying club at Seletar they found it literally impossible to get instructors because of the red-tape CAAS surrounds all, except UK, foreign licences. My impression is it would be imprudent to train in Australia if you intend to fly in S'pore. Of course SIA may have some sway with CAAS, but you would need to get employed first.

------------------
Chill Out!

Sunny
11th Jan 2001, 09:24
If you intend to join SQ, the best thing would be to call them up and ask what licences are recognised. I had a few coursemates with IR from Aust, but they still had to go through the entire training process. They did get a few hours credited to their frozen ATPL though. It would be better to go to NZ and do the ATPL course there. It's recognised by SQ I think, but still does not mean that they will give you a job.

SlimShadey
16th Jan 2001, 09:47
To be dead sure, I suggest you get a UK CPL in flying and do the UK ATPL ground exams. To cut cost in getting it, you may wanna do an FAA CPL Single & Multi Engine rating with IR in the States ( and then go across to UK to do a few hours bridging course for the UK CPL)That was What I did..

No Cigar
19th Jan 2001, 18:36
DC,

check your email. I hope it went through

twin27
22nd Feb 2001, 20:23
only uk and DCA lic are recognise by sq.auz lic are not.u got to do the whole atpl and flying again.only a few hrs they will exempted.they have also stop taking in massey ppl.