PDA

View Full Version : Singapore help

serbsarooni
8th Mar 2001, 15:14
Hooray - I have just qualified and got my CPL/IR.

BUT, my husband is now being packed off to Singapore, and I need all the help I can get to get a flying job out there.
Apart from the three flying schools, Singapore Airlines, and Silk Air, do you know the names of any operators who are based at Changi or Seletar?

Also - what are my chances as a 400 hour white female? I am prepared to do anything that involves flying.

What are the problems that I will encounter.

Also, how about the operators based at nearby Malaysian airports?

I really need your help, and will very much appreciate it.

Thanks in anticipation...

Serbs

ultrajetfuel
9th Mar 2001, 04:30
Call the various flying schools in Singapore (that includes SIA flying college) and ask if you can qualify as an instructor and possible openings. Where is your CPL/IR from. The JAR or UK CAA CPL/IR will be held in higher regard. Cessnas are widely used in Singapore. In fact, it is the single dominant
instructional aircraft. I had a female instructor before and trust me, she was one of the best I have seen.

Good Luck.

twitchy
10th Mar 2001, 07:09
Sorry lady
I think your hubby has come to a wrong place. I don't think you can find any proper placement in a flying job with 400 hrs airtime in this island. Same holds good for neighbouring Malaysia. Any way no harm in trying. I wish you all the best in your effort

boeinglover
10th Mar 2001, 17:19
Hi Serbs,

Perhaps you may want try out many of the local flying clubs like example the Youth Flying Club, Republic of Singapore Flying Club, Singapore Airlines Flying Club and lastly Singapore Flying College and all these clubs are based in Seletar.

Check and discuss with them your flying qualification and see if they need additional Flying Instructors, build up your hours and proceed later on to the Airliners if you enjoy flying commercially.

Wish you all the best.

Welcome to Singapore.