PDA

View Full Version : Taipei CKS Airport Hotels...

Sick Squid
8th Mar 2001, 01:23
Folks, my neighbour has asked me if I know anything about the airport hotels at Taipeis Chiang Kai Shek terminal, what ones there are, general quality etc. I've no idea, only been in the downtown area...

Can anybody help please? The gentleman is leaving next tuesday, I think. He is not connected to the aviation World, works in the legal profession.

Thanks,

Sick Squid
Far East Forum Moderator

Kaptin M
8th Mar 2001, 02:25
I've stayed in the CKS Airport Hotel where several airlines' crews stay. It's definitely not 5 star, but it's clean, relatively comfortable, quiet, and has a restaurant. It is probably fair to say that it is really only a hotel for pax/crews who have a short layover in TPE and who just want to grab some rest, before proceeding on the next leg of their journey.

The hotel runs a regular (from memory about every 20 minutes) shuttle bus service across to the terminal - about 10 minutes.

If staying more than say 36 hours, a hotel downtown would be preferable (in my opinion).

CFIT
8th Mar 2001, 10:28
Clean and reasonable accommodation. If your friend doesn't have the "SIXTH SENSE", staying there for a short layover is O.K., otherwise I'd recommend staying somewhere else. Personally, I've never experience anything out of the ordinary, but dozens of my friends could sware on their mothers' graves that they have witness something right out of a horror movie. Heard that the hotel used to be a hospital long time ago. Could someone verified this claim? Anyway, enjoy.

Sick Squid
9th Mar 2001, 12:03
Thanks Kapt. and CFIT. I'll pass on the gen, and tell him to bring his bible, a cross and some garlic just in case!

From my previous Asian airline experience, the "that hotel is haunted!" tales were usually told by cabin crew local to the destination, to scare the other nationaties away from requesting the trips. From the number of crew who doubled-up on layovers through fear, the tactics seemed to hit home! :)

Thanks again, folks.

Sick Squid
Far East Forum Moderator

Slasher
12th Mar 2001, 05:09
I disagree. That bloodey CKS airport hotel should be condemned. Its a real craphole! Id rather the long drive into town and stay at a pub (Hyatt, Howards, etc) there. Less sleeping time but a much better environment.