View Full Version : VS - Live in NCL, work from LHR?

geordiejet
16th May 2008, 09:42
Hi. Just a quick question. I regularly see VS cabin crew in full uniform on the NCL-LHR-NCL flights. So I can only assume they are commuting to and from work.

I know that cabin crew are not the highest paid people, but how can yo uafford to do this several times per month? Do you get a discount on these flights, even though they are flown by BA. Also, do VS allow people to live away from London as a general rule, or do they just make the odd exception?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

PC767
16th May 2008, 10:15
VS staff recieve travel concessions on BA aircraft and vice versa. In fact VS travel cheaper than BA staff on BA aircraft, (certainly was the case!)

BA state, for cabin crew, that you must be within 90 mins of the airport, so that you can carry out standby duties. However this does not read that you have to be resident within 90 minutes so BA crew will find cheap accomodation near LHR when on duty. I presume VS crew operate under similar terms.

stowaway
16th May 2008, 15:37
Dear Geordiejet,

Rebate travel on BA is available to VS staff, and as the previous reply states is actually cheaper for them than BA staff (this will change next year when BA go from Zonal fares to ZED fares. Cost LHR NCL LHR standby about 60.00.
Trouble with VS crew living in NCL ( and other places) is that with 6 trips a month by the time they get home it is time to turn around and go back to work!!
Regards