PDA

View Full Version : EK Training

dbs
15th May 2008, 16:17
Can anyone tell me hows the training is set up? How does it compare to training in the US? Computerbased? How long on average for a newhire? Lots of questions,thx!

Lear35pilot
15th May 2008, 19:14
Depending on what aircraft you are assigned to a lot of the training is outsourced to training providers around the world. The quality of training varies depending on the provider as I understand it. Some guys have had good experiences and some bad. Some places is all self study (CBT) while at some places you have instructors giving lectures (in addition to the CBT). Very few of these places actually teach you the Emirates way so if you end up going outside for training then once you get back to Dubai you have one MFTD and two sim sessions to get tuned in to the EK SOP before your skill test.

All in all you're looking at about 3 months from start date to first flight (all depending on everything working as scheduled (sim's, computers, licensing, etc). Any problem or issues (with equipment or your training) can easily result in delays.

Just a brief run down... hope it answers at least part of your question.

Regards,

LJ :)

dbs
18th May 2008, 00:37
Thanks for the info! Anyone else?

Craic Ore
18th May 2008, 03:02
Approx:

-10 days induction in Dubai, readying stuff, collecting books, filling forms etc

-3 weeks CBT and fixed base sim plus groundschool days

-3 weeks full flight sim

-6 weeks line training

They're will be assorted groundschool days throughout, some breaks and the CBT and sims could take place at various places around the world. Seems to be about 3.5 months usually but can vary a few weeks. It'll be a busy time, lots of running around like a chicken, trying to get visas, licences, etc.

Good luck.

yukimaki2
20th May 2008, 13:44
Does the crew car or bus pick up and drop off new joiners from day one for all the running around needing to be done? Likewise for the couple months of runs from your abode to the training center and back? (For those of us who don't/won't have vehicles?) Thanks.

Lear35pilot
20th May 2008, 14:55
The transport only takes you to groundschool, sim and other scheduled events. They don't provide transport to go around sorting out the other stuff like going down to HQ for visa's (with the exception of your blood test for your UAE visa and your medical appointment), letters, etc. or getting a drivers license or liquor license. This is all on you...

The transport is also very strict in that they will only take you from home to the appropriate training college or location and then the other way around. No stops in the middle or detours are allowed.

In the beginning you'll just do taxi's but after you have your license you can rent a car (which is what a lot of guys do as you are a bit stranded without a vehicle).

LJ

clevlandHD
20th May 2008, 15:54
Actualy, you can rent a car with many foreign driver licence. So upon arrival you can rent a small car for a month. Worst case, get an international licence before you leave and that will work.

sheryas777
20th May 2008, 17:13
So what is expected from Ayla for the confirmed 40 or so new students from Bahrain sponsored by BDB.These poor boys have signed contracts of nearly 80,000.00 US Dollar, each, to be paid back in seven years, the students have to start paying first installment after one year of study, although the course is 18 months.
Is this recommended, worth it, will it happen, I mean successful gratuation, accepted by any airline, recognized?????
I beleive someone called Rami is incharge,,any one knows him to responed:=:=:=:=:=

Lear35pilot
21st May 2008, 12:58
ClevelandHD is absolutely right. My bad :O Just check before you get here if your license is in the list and if not, go for the international license as mentioned.

LJ