PDA

View Full Version : PMI course provider in YSBK

Ultralights
15th May 2008, 12:19
Does anyone know of a good PMI course provider in Bankstown? i have called crash sorry, Basair, an they haven't got back to me with any details in the last days, and Aerospace in camden are quite expensive... all i am looking for is the PMI alone, nothing more, and reasonably quick, i start my instructor rating in 3 weeks!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jet_A_Knight
15th May 2008, 14:01
From what i remember, if you download and study from this book - it should cover what you need to know.

www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aviation/media/FAA-H-8083-9.pdf

You can buy a hard copy at an aviation bookshop or even amazon I think.

Cap'n Arrr
16th May 2008, 05:00
Not sure if its for a RAA or VH instructor rating, but PMI is usually an internal exam as part of the instructor rating for VH:ok:

das Uber Soldat
16th May 2008, 05:37
you need to pass a casa PMI exam for a grade I rating, issued at ASL cyber exams.

Cap'n Arrr
16th May 2008, 05:40
Oh yeah, that one. Haven't done that one yet!

Most people I know just self study the US manual, then book the test in themselves

mingalababya
16th May 2008, 10:18
Well since Ultralights is just about to start his/her instructor's rating, then I assume he's not asking about PMI for the grade 1 rating. So, as others have said, this is usually done internally by the training organization that does your instructor's rating.

Eight Ball
16th May 2008, 23:27
Go to SFTC in Bankstown and talk to Malcolm Poulton or contact Dave Ashbrook from Aero Training Services in Camden. Malcolm did my PMI and Dave might be offering the course as well as I did my Dangerous Goods course with him.

Goodluck

Ultralights
16th May 2008, 23:50
Its all under control, PMI is booked in a Temora, i rang Aero training services at Camden, a little expensive, but the instructor for my instructor rating recommended Temora. word on the street is my Instructor and the PMI teacher are very good, and i am in good hands..