PDA

View Full Version : Boeing Maintenance Documents

GEnxsux
15th May 2008, 12:17
Can anyone give me a rough guide/differences between the following:-

MRB (Maintenance Review Board)
MPD (Maintenance Planning Document)
OAMP (On Aircraft Maintenance Planner)

What are the reasons behind issuing an MRB & MPD? As far as I can see that two documents are identical?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mr @ Spotty M
15th May 2008, 21:38
The MRBR is the only document apart from MPD Section 9 that is approved by the FAA. The signatures for the MRBR are Boeing, FAA, EASA and the Canadian authorities l believe.
The tasks in the MRBR are the minimum that is required by a new start up airline, most airlines will also carry out all the task listed in the MRBR. These tasks are all derived from the ATA Airline/Manufacture Maintenance Program Planning Document using MSG-3 analysis also listing their MSG-3 Failure effect categories and intervals.
The MPD has all the tasks from the MRBR, plus other tasks over the years which Boeing and engine manufactures suggest or recommend that an operator should carry out. The MPD will also include SB inspections and some AD tasks if there is no terminating action for the AD. The MPD will also include tasks from the CMP (ETOPS manual) but Boeing is now starting to remove these and some SB tasks from the MPD. Section 9 of the MPD has all the mandatory inspections for systems and structure and the new fuel AWLs listed, this is why it is the only part of the MPD that is approved by the FAA. The MPD also has extra info in the way of man hours, as if my memory serves me the MRBR does not.
One difference is MRBR tasks generally can have their intervals extended over time by both Boeing and the airlines, MPD Section 9 intervals can only be extended by Boeing with the FAA and EASA agreement.
Many USA operators do not make use of the MPD and base their AMS or AMP on the MRBR and MPD Section 9 only.
As for the OAMP l can not help.
Hope this is of some use to you.:ok:

hull city
16th May 2008, 11:31
The OAMP will probably be the operators approved maintenance programme.

Rigga
16th May 2008, 19:18
The Manufacturer's (Boeing) Maintenance Review Board (MRB) produces the Maintenance Planning Document (MPD) that becomes the minimum maintenance requirement any Operator must do to it's aircraft. (this is 'owned' by the Operator not the Maintenance Organisation)
The Operator adopts and adjusts the MPD to their own requirements based on the amount and type of flying planned plus any other checks the Operator wants to conduct - the operator may not do less than the MPD. This is approved by the National Airworthiness Authority, and becomes the Operator's Maintenance Programme (OMP) - often called the Aircraft Maintenance Programme (AMP)

Hope this helps
Rigga

Mr @ Spotty M
16th May 2008, 20:59
"Rigga" l beg to differ on your take on the MRBR & MPD.
It is the MRBR which is normally the minimum an airline will have to do, as that is the document that both the manufacture and authority approve.
The MPD has much more added to it than the MRBR and l can tell you with certainty that you do not have to have all the tasks from the MPD in your own AMS or AMP.:ok:

Mr @ Spotty M
17th May 2008, 08:43
"ASFKAP", the "R" is Report.
MRBR (Maintenance Review Board Report), hence the document is the report from the MRB.
Hope this helps.:ok:

matkat
17th May 2008, 10:22
Sorry Mr S. but I have to agree with Rigga, the MRB (we are after all European) produce the MPD the operator scans this and adopts their own requiremnts for an AMP this is given to the authorities for approval.

Mr @ Spotty M
17th May 2008, 12:28
My understanding is that we are talking Boeing here, from the thread title and l agree that we are Europeans, so here is my take on it in this order.
Boeing and the FAA review the MRB revise it and this is then submitted to the aircraft types ISC (International Steering Committee), made up from the airline operators, Boeing and the authorities.
The ISC then meets and discuss the revision and either agrees, modifies or rejects the changes.
It is then signed of by the ISC chair (airline representative), the co chair (Boeing) and by the FAA representative on the ISC, it will normally also be signed by EASA.
The MRBR is then issued and the ISC co chair then passes it onto the department within Boeing who puts it into the next revision, or has been the case with both B757 & B767 over the last few years due to size and complex two revisions of the MPD.
Boeing issue revised copies of the MPD, 3 times a year, however the MRBR may go years between revisions.
Yes l agree the MPD is normally the document that we use for our AMS or AMP, but is the MRBR, plus Section 9 of the MPD which is the minimum that our local CAA office in the UK will accept.
You will struggle not to put all the MRBR tasks into you AMS or AMP, but you can leave out tasks from the MPD as many come from SBs or SILs that you do not have to carry out.:ok:

GEnxsux
19th May 2008, 12:11
Thanks a lot guys, very helpful indeed.

:ok: