PDA

View Full Version : Dear WLT

Lee
4th Mar 2001, 12:57
WLT,

How's the bus driver's life? Have you gone to the bendy-bus yet?

Anyway, don't be afraid of me, I'm not close to any SQ Flight Operations personnel, as you claimed.

BTW, have you worked out the answers to the two questions posted by Gnote?

If your memory has failed, I do still remember those two questions clearly, they are as follows:

1) What's the Vref for the 777?
2) What system/engine powers the ess./us bar?

Hoping to hear the answers soon. Shouldn't be too hard for a real 777 SQ F/O, especially if he's been flying for 2 years now, and one who has just done his reservist training in the RSAF.

[This message has been edited by Lee (edited 04 March 2001).]

cheersnbeers
5th Mar 2001, 07:57
folks,

with regards to attempts to identify/verify posters on these forums through the use of "forgot your password?" type questions, perhaps we should bear in mind that:

a. to the best of my knowledge, the B777 would not have one unique Vref speed. Is what you are after a table listing configuration, weight and appropriate Vref?

b. an answer to a question on systems would merely indicate that the respondent has read/been on a tech course/ has access to the manuals for a paticular type. similarly, someone who rattles off a range of Vref speeds could well have just got the right page from the QRH (which could have come form a friend of a friend of a friend ad infiniteum) .

i don't think they could, in any way,( and for that matter would) be taken as proof of someone being an SQ B777 pilot.

Lee
5th Mar 2001, 08:26
Good try, thanks, but the questions are for WLT to answer.

WLT,

Welcome back to Singapore, and how's the answers coming along? Been to see the Dragon lady lately?

cheersnbeers
5th Mar 2001, 09:58
Your questions may be for someone else to answer but surely you must realise that the answers are irrelevant in establishing WLT's authenticity.

Still going to go on the same tack or is a solid bout of pettyness and name calling on the cards??

WLT
5th Mar 2001, 20:01
Thanks for helping me out here. I was a little lost about Vref.

Lee,

Told you I was a bus driver and all I ever look at is the speedometer and if there are any kids or elderly folks lurking in front of my big Volvo public transport bus.

Lee
6th Mar 2001, 06:57
WLT,

And don't forget to look at the periscope too, to look out for the old people, children and passengers climbing down or up the stairs of the upper deck before driving off.

[This message has been edited by Lee (edited 06 March 2001).]

WLT
7th Mar 2001, 10:13
Lee,

Never did double-decks before. Hope I will get a chance in 2005/2006. Later.

Lee
12th Mar 2001, 08:25
WLT,

How's the going? You've got a good sense of humour. You will certainly go far. Cheers.

Lee
14th Mar 2001, 11:15
WLT,

Thanks, doing fine. Hope everything is well with you. Cheers.

PPRuNe Towers
16th Mar 2001, 04:43
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Sick Squid
16th Mar 2001, 15:00
Agreed PPT, an utterly, utterly pointless thread and waste of server bandwidth.

To put matters at rest, according to my 777 manual there is no such thing as an "Essential" buss bar, however the L and R AC Transfer busses which carry most of the 'essential' instruments are powered by the L and R main busses.

The777 as most who have flown it know is actually a DC aircraft masquerading as a standard Boeing AC machine, so you could also argue that the transfer busses have a valid back-up power source from the 2 Backup generators.

As to Vrefs, the QRH gives figures that go from F30 @ 300T = 169 to F30 @ 140T of 113. An average Max Landing weight figure (208,652kg for the ER) would be in the region of 137kts.

Happy? Now on goes the padlock; I'd watched this one develop closely, but will not be so patient in the future with pointless drivel that slows down the servers and insults the intelligence in the process.

Have a very nice day, y'hear!

Sick Squid
Far East Forum Moderator
Ex-777 Pilot, by the way.