PDA

View Full Version : Noel Fuller

MFB 2
15th May 2008, 03:08
Request from a recent email, I will also post it on it's own, the moderators can move it if it's not appropriate to post twice.

Hi There,
For any of you who knew Noel Fuller, He was a Pilot with PX for a couple of Years from about 1974, sadly I have to let you know that He passed away last Tues at His Home here in Perth, He is survived by a Son and Daughter , David and Sharon. I don't have any connections with PX or PNG any more but if anyone does have,or any associated web site, please pass this on for me, should anyone wish to contact His family, please Email me and I will pass on any info that I can. Noel was a true definition of 'Natures Gentleman' and will be missed greatly by a lot of people I'm sure.

Best Regards.

Nick Leonard.

Davidfuller
2nd Aug 2013, 14:00
Hello,

I’m not sure if we have ever met before but I stumbled across your post through Google. It’s been about 5 years since my father’s passing but it still feels like yesterday.

I don’t have much family left and I just decided to Google the name Fuller, then I tried Noel Fuller. Then this forum came up with a post called “Noel Fuller “under your name.

I first want to deeply thank you for your post that you placed on this forum. I know it was passed on to you by someone ells, Nick Leonard?

I’m not sure if you ever met my father. It makes little to no difference to me but I want you to know that it means a lot to me, my brother Brett and my sister Sharon that you made an effort. That Nick made an effort.

These were very kind words said about my father and it gives me inspiration, that one day I could be seen by my peers to be considered as a “Natures Gentleman”.

My Father told me flying is one of the most addictive things in the world. Once you get the bug you won’t ever want to stop.

Stories of flying in the tropics for PNG airlines at medium altitude, too the low level and very risky crop dusting in which he lost a few friends. He also used to talk about the survey flying for companies such as Fugro and World Geoscience. They ranged from when he was caught up in Tehran in the middle of the 1979 revolution. How he and his colleges had to sneak themselves and a plane out of the country undetected. To the extremes of low level grid survey flying over the hot sweeping plains of Africa and too the ruff cold seas off coast of Falkland Islands. One off my favorites had to be the crop dusting at night using a guy with a torch on top a hill for directions and so he wouldn't plough into the ground. Yes he had a lot of stories…

It’s been 5 years and I had no idea there were people on the net speaking about my father. If I had of know I would have thanked you and Nick a lot sooner.

Many thanks.

David Noel Fuller

Miles Long
3rd Aug 2013, 06:50
I remember Noel well from Iran and later survey days, he was a really nice bloke and a character. This is the first I've heard of his passing, I'm sorry I missed it at the time. He and I flew the 206 from Birjand to Zahedan, before bolting from the country just prior to the revolution.
The last time I spoke to him was in the 90's when I relayed a radio call for him when he was flying a lightie over Myanmar & I happened to be in the QF jet above him. I recognised his distinctive voice immediately & as soon as I said g'day he knew who I was & we had a chuckle over the radio.
One distinctive thing I remember about him was having to shout at him to be heard, like so many of our colleagues who spent too many years inside ag planes.
Another was stories of his frustration in dealing with difficult (read ********) people at his cigarette kiosk, somehow Noel conveyed the impression he wasn't the greatest customer service person in the world.
Fond memories

Minosavy Masta
3rd Aug 2013, 11:42
R I P. Zeerie. Zeerie.