PDA

View Full Version : Come on Dubai- Get a Grip

SimCity
14th May 2008, 13:49
Honest to whoever. Whoever can only help this place. Just watching a tower fire at the Marina and it has taken the authorities over 3 hours to respond. God help you if you and your family are living in one of these units. Gee Wizz - where are the the fire fighting helos???? Thank goodness, Emirates accommodation has all this sorted out?????????

D.

Dropp the Pilot
14th May 2008, 17:38
A few years back a friend of mine had a fire in his Jumeirah-villa kitchen. He rang the fire department but they did not ever show up.

They did call him back, though, after two hours. They asked if he thought they should still come.

White Knight
14th May 2008, 18:18
Fire fighting helos:eek: Get real:E

BigGeordie
14th May 2008, 19:17
While I was still in company accommodation, in a tower on SZR, a few years back, one of the cabin crew decided it would be a good idea to pop out for a few minutes and leave the chip pan simmering away. The ensuing fire pretty much wrecked their apartment and, of course, set off the fire alarms. By the time I had walked down the (huge number!) of stairs to the ground floor the fire service had already arrived- I reckon it took them less than 10 minutes from when the alarms went off. They had the fire out in less than 5 minutes and we could re-enter the building before I'd even had the chance to buy a Starbucks.

Pretty good effort I reckon. I believe the cabin crew member concerned was invited for tea and biscuits with the management and had to pay for the damage.