PDA

View Full Version : Dear Sick Squid

Lee
1st Mar 2001, 15:43
Why was the thread SQ HR Dept closed (temporarily)?

The direct telephone numbers are of public domain, i.e they can be found on the Singapore Airlines Staff Directory.

Also, if you call Singapore Airlines general line, and if you select to speak to the operator (telephone), and tell the operator that you want to enquire about Cadet Pilot's or Direct Captain-intakes, the operator will give you the DID (Direct Dialling) numbers of the HR staff.

The telephone numbers which I posed on the thread are of public domain. They are not the personal or private phone numbers.

BTW, the Prime Minister and Senior Minister's telephone numbers are listed on the Civil Service Directory! Now, if I posted them here, would the ISD (Internal Security Department) close me down or shut me up?

Sick Squid
2nd Mar 2001, 00:12
Lee, I told you why the thread was closed: because I want to seek general advice on the publishing of telephone numbers such as that. From my past experience, staff directory numbers may perhaps not be considered public domain, I don't know. Once these points have been clarified, the thread will be re-opened. I am in the middle of a busy tour of duty at the moment, and will attend to this soon.

There is no other agenda. You could have achieved this same response from me by email.

Now I'm closing this one too...

Sick Squid
Far East Forum Moderator

[This message has been edited by Sick Squid (edited 01 March 2001).]