PDA

View Full Version : Engine Runnups at YPPH

SteveWA
14th May 2008, 08:46
Hi everyone,

First post here so please be nice. Not in the industry but a very interested observer and frequent SLF.

I live in Helena Valley which is about 7km from YPPH and have noticed over the last month or so regular engine runnups in the evening. After having been here for 7 years now this has never been heard before. The last occurrence was on Monday night on and off through until about 22:00. Is this a new practice or have the weather conditions previously not been conducive to sending the sound my way?

I am not complaining, just curious. My home is just offset from the RWY24 approach and I love to see/hear the variety of aircraft come in and I also lived for a few years opposite Port Moresby Jacksons where it was not that uncommon to have a F28 / Dash8 running up until after midnight!!

Cheers,

SteveWA

sms777
14th May 2008, 10:02
Let me be the first one to reply to your first post since i am one of the nice guys on this forum. (shut up you two behind me!)

The reason for the excess aircraft noise(which we all love on this forum) would be because
#1 a new maintenance company has just moved in near the threshold of rnwy24 and it is the closest to do run ups.
#2 the wind has turned westerly because change of season, resulting all aircraft departing into wind as required.
#3 They all trying to piss you off but not realising you already love aircraft noise so they are trying harder.

Cheers, i hope you will be one of us one day!:ok:

Skystar320
14th May 2008, 10:46
#1 a new maintenance company has just moved in near the threshold of rnwy24 and it is the closest to do run ups.

Have they? Man didn't notice that

By the way there are a lot of idiot members on this forum ********e is the worst of them

Regards

sms777
14th May 2008, 11:06
It was only a suggestion. Besides i would not have noticed either because would have been too busy looking the other end of the runway to tuch down safely on this end (VFR of course)
( bit rusty on heavy's)

ROH111
14th May 2008, 12:26
Skystar320

Why do you have to be like that?

Skystar320
14th May 2008, 12:41
BE like what??????

I was curious, I do alot of FIFO out of Perth but hadnt seen it......

Ref + 10
14th May 2008, 20:17
By the way there are a lot of idiot members on this forum ********e is the worst of them

And you ask "be like what"?? Sheesh.....:rolleyes:

BrazDriver
14th May 2008, 22:58
The engineers also go to the eastern most end of whiskey to do engine runs. They use the compass swing bay for the C441's once that gets going it could wake the dead!

Skystar320
14th May 2008, 23:48
And you ask "be like what"?? Sheesh..... We are all human and make our mistakes...... though more to the point somepeople are wankers

********e

ROH111
15th May 2008, 08:23
Skystar320,

Be like what? Don't you see it?

Life is short, don't be a dick.

Skystar320
15th May 2008, 09:37
I have a shower each day - I suggest you have one.... awful smell here after you left

ROH111
15th May 2008, 09:55
It's the internet. You can't smell people over the internet.

What's with you?

ZEEBEE
15th May 2008, 09:57
Where's a moderator when we need one?