PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Selection - Aptitude Testing ?

rossilinni
14th May 2008, 06:38
Just a quick question

I know that pilot selection for Emirates is a multiday affair - interviews , group exercise , probably a simex

Do they also use aptitude testing - the kind of stuff that BA and Qantas among others are famous for - this kind of stuff:

http://www.qantas.com.au/infodetail/about/employment/QTests.pdf

Please note I am asking about qualified pilots here - although I would also be interested to know what they put Emirates cadets through.

Thanks

Rosso

ojguilty
14th May 2008, 07:22
Rossilinni,

Without getting too personal, I might add that if you are under 5'5" tall, the interview might include the infamous "Emirates Napolean Complex Examination." This test is administered in a subtle yet devious fashion, but I can assure you that the test can be beat!

First, the United States of America will be casually mentioned in some innocuous context. This could be along the lines of "Say, have you noticed that citizens of the U.S. of A. rightfully take pride in being the place where everyone else in the world would actually like to live? So it seems pretty natural that Americans never give any respect to that frozen pissant dump, Saskatchewan. They really seem to get off on being a really, really BIG country. Don't you agree?"

Please resist your first impulse, which is too stand up on your chair, pee in your pants, and start screaming that it is so unfair that the Yanks get all the quality pussy! Instead, take a few deep breaths and say, "I can relate to how they feel. By the way, did you know that rumor has it that Jean Chretian is a pole smoker?"

Follow these steps, and I am confident that we shall see you on the line in short (no pun intended) order. In the right seat, of course.

Mr Good Cat
14th May 2008, 07:50
The guy just asked a question, no need for political remarks.

Rossilini / Asian Long Haul, you really shouldn't worry too much about the aptitude tests, there isn't much weight placed on them. As said earlier just follow the instructions and give it a shot. A couple of guys on my course only got halfway through the maths test and ran out of time. They got through to the final day of the interview and are having their references checked now.

shazar
14th May 2008, 08:07
I actually work in HR and certified practitioner of psychometric tests and found the posting here interesting for me.

Emirates use General Ability Tests (GAT) to assess intelligence quotient and 16PF5 personality questionnaires (published by ASE Company in UK). I came to know this information while attending a course in UK few years ago. The questionnaire is used also for recruiting members of cabin crew. 16PF5 is very predictable tool, alike many psychometric based tools.

The second tool used is called assessment centres with includes employing several exercises such as in-tray, group exercises, ...etc mainly to measure several competencies such as team building, communication skills, ..etc

You may purchase ASE booklet which gives you practice on the questions. (do not buy those commercial ones; they are useless, rub your money and take a space of your home library). I can’t remember the title of the book now, but if you like, please contact me to get you the name when I am back to my flat.

I can’t disclose the tests and questionnaires for ethical and morale obligations but I may help on providing some tips to allow you well-prepared for the tests and interview. I can also recommend good night meal and taking an excellent cheap herb from any gulf traditional pharmacy if you are based in any gulf country (called Atar) for 10 to 14 days before the tests to make you think better than a university mathematics professor.

Fullboat2
14th May 2008, 08:41
I just finished the compass testing and the psyche testing less than one week ago. The only thing you can study for on the compass testing is the most basic of math (long division, basic add/subtract, and the easiest story problems in the history of the world!) questions and the typical ATPL stuff.

Frankly, the best I could have done on the ATP stuff was a 70%. I didn't know half of the answers. Common sense should guide you!

The psyche test was pretty dead on. You are gonna spend close to three hours answering simple yes or no, this or that, what if questions for three different tests. If you're worried about the psyche test you are already in trouble. Everyone out there is normal.....except for you... kidding...seriously ya gotta be bent sideways not to get thru the psyche test.

If anyone starts getting political on you, which no one experienced at my briefings, I highly recommend taking the inquisitive pose. Just look at them in wonder and ask lots of questions. Under no circumstances should you proffer an opinion! I really doubt you'll be faced with this. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me!

Emirates needs pilots. Like they told us when we arrived, we need you, the job is yours, prove to us that WE SHOULDN'T HIRE YOU.

Don't get caught up in the BS around here. If you know how to fly an airplane and shouldn't be locked up for deviant reasons, you can do this! Remember that....

rjer
21st May 2008, 12:45
I haven't done this stuff for awhile, so what do you mean by basic ATPL stuff?
is it questions to be answered on the interview as well or just a simple written test?

thanks

Hannaya
13th Aug 2012, 20:58
hi shazar

im new here.just doing some searches on ek personality questionaire for cabin crew.i went on final interviews twice with ek but failed it ...i was hoping that u can give me some tips how to pass the finals interview,personality test and get the golden call...does the approval depend on the personality test only ?what are the things that can get a rejection? and what about the pictures? what is the reason they want a casual pics...i can give u a private email adress if u cant anser me here....but please help me understand this proces as this is my dream job ...and i failed it so many times ...i feel that i may never b able to achieve my dream since i am now 29....
thanks a lot :)