PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Exam Order

miket_68
13th May 2008, 12:18
HI.

Currently studying using Bristol GS.

I have a question about the order in which the exams are taken, I have e-mailed Bristol but have not, as yet, received a reply.

After pass all 13 (heli) exams I have 36 months so pass CPL(H) and IR(H). Correct ?

To stop me 'wasting' some of this 36 months by hour building it may only be a few months but its still a few months, how do other who have gone before me time the completion of the exams (an issuance of pass marks) with the completion of the hourbuilding phase of our courses.

OR do you not bother, I will still be in full time employment and will have to book my CPL course as a holiday I am looking at about 2 months.

In this 2 months I dont want to (unless I really have to ) spend it doing hour building when I should be on CPL course.

Or do you leave 5 or so hours until after you receive your exam results build with the company who are doing the CPL and be up to speed ready for the course, rather than cram all the flying in now and start the course having not flown for 2 months >?

1 Idea I have had is that if I leave an 'easy' exam until the very last minute I believe 18 months from the taking of the 1st exams so that whilts finishing my Hour building I only have to revise this 1 subject (VFR Comms?)

Finish hour building, take exam await results, start CPL Course.

Thoughts, comments, I am not entirely flame retardent but can take some critisism.

Lowers head below parapit.

Thanks.

Mike