PDA

View Full Version : Who is left at QantasLink anybody

oldsmithy
13th May 2008, 06:00
Apart from management is there anybody left.............. I can see the lights flickering...............Capt D

Toluene Diisocyanate
13th May 2008, 06:08
Sensors indicate that the first of mannnny captains finishes up this Friday.
A wellknown member of this forum no less.:}
Good luck big boy. We'll miss ya!

See youse!:ok::}

MCKES
13th May 2008, 06:21
I can see the lights flickering.....
Thats about all you'll see with Q400s:}

Stationair8
13th May 2008, 07:47
But who will train the future pilots for Virgin Blue, Dragonair, Cathay, Singapore and Tiger?

Chocks Away
13th May 2008, 07:54
Yes, last one out turn off the light.:}
Management have got to be feeling REALLY proud of this effort (or lack of...):eek:
Disgraceful.

Best wishes to those champs off to greener pastures.:ok:

Short_Circuit
13th May 2008, 08:25
CLICK ,,,,,,........

............................................................ .......................... :zzz:

PyroTek
13th May 2008, 10:16
Friends brother had a Qlink interview yesterday....

Skystar320
13th May 2008, 10:46
apparently do did Peter's mum

Capt Wally
13th May 2008, 13:45
'pyro' I hope yr friends bro isn't scared of the dark & is tall enough to reach the 'light switch' !:ok:

CW

WynSock
13th May 2008, 22:14
Yes, It has gone awfully quiet. Perhaps there is a big pay rise and terms improvement coming. Perhaps there isn't.

DJ is about to decimate the c&trainers anyway.

So too late!

Somebody has royally F$%#cked up.

Ref + 10
13th May 2008, 23:38
apparently do did Peter's mum

Skystar, one key to the left!! :ok: :O;)

virgindriver
14th May 2008, 01:24
And to think, this could have all been avoided if the halfwits up the top allowed progression through to mainline. :ugh:

newsensation
14th May 2008, 06:14
Now lets make the last remaining pilots feel really needed, lets contract out some Jet flying... only temporary.... due to apparently a lot of pilots leaving, don't worry we have some more Qantas cadets coming, but they move on to mainline in a couple of years... humm back to the drawing board...:ugh:

WynSock
14th May 2008, 10:54
Who's left at Qlink? Let's see...

A GM, Accountants, Managers, Yield Analysts, Yield Analysts' secretary, ground crews, flight attendants (leaving), a bucket load of "I-couldn't-afford-to be-a-pilot-until-Qlink-paid-for-it" types,

And for not very much longer, some of the most experienced, skilled senior regional pilots in the country.

That's who.

oldsmithy
14th May 2008, 17:03
The demise of a once great company. The CEO of QF all the way down to QL management lower your heads. You peo:ugh:ple should be a shame :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Dunnybudgee
14th May 2008, 20:27
Amazing how so many aviation "executives" claim they didn't see this coming and its all beyond their control... :ugh:
There have been warnings in the media for the last 10 years+ and what did the MD's and CEO's do about it?

- Start training schemes?
- Make it attractive as a career option for our brightest kids?

Nope - Instead they screwed everybodies pay & condx to benefit their bonuses and short term share prices, then threatened pilots, engineers and ATC controllers in IR negotiations until guess what....

THEY (we) LEFT! :rolleyes: SURPRISE! (Not). :)

If only there was a career path for QF Link into mainline and they never introduced BS like paying for ratings etc. Maybe many would have stayed instead of fleeing in droves to the QF groups opposition. (Rocket science was it?). Guys show them how smart they are (not) by taking your QF training and experience somewhere else, where you are valued.

Aviation execs claiming innocence in the current situation is the biggest load of BS I've heard in a long time. Perhaps thats what happens when short sighted greedy boards hire unethical, ruthless Exec's whose sole goal appears to be personal wealth generation? Maybe they should try selling used cars?

Massive QF profit announcments one day, threatened mass redundancies the next. Does something not ring true here?

Good luck QF Link - I reckon you'll need it!

Lodown
14th May 2008, 21:08
Maybe many would have stayed instead of fleeing in droves to the QF groups opposition.

It wasn't just to the opposition. Many pilots left the industry altogether, never to return. I don't think there are many, if any, that regret the decision.

Managers claiming they never saw this coming? I can believe that. Many have their heads jammed so far up their chairman's rear end the only things they can see are the soles of their CEO's and CFO's feet.

Justin88
16th May 2008, 18:57
More importantly where is everyone going, Virgin, Tiger, Cathay? And how long is long enough at the link?