PDA

View Full Version : MAS Chief Pilot Safety Resigns From MAS

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
6th Dec 2000, 16:42
Well this fellow was useless anyway!!!
he certainly conned the Dr, well to be expected. Money talks and bull$hit walks.

PILOST
6th Dec 2000, 19:31
While we're at this topic Wooblah,shouldn't we also sack your good friend Snake Whuzlan?He managed to contribute his fair share of the losses that MAS is suffering from now.Let me not remind you of the VIE flight & the B737-300F fiasco in AKL.

Anyway,I won't be surprised if our CP FSS is shedding crocodile tears.Heard he has made plans to fly for a Far East airline.Maybe, that is why he 'resigned' rather than humiliatingly be sacked.

BTW Wooblah,let's wait awhile & see how far this circus act will last.In the mean time you better look for another flying job elsewhere as the rumours are now that we're in for a restructuring exercises & pilots are going to be laid off.The first to go are definitely the expats......

Safe Flying.
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif
PILOST

QNH1013
6th Dec 2000, 21:28
Those who have read the article from that magazine on the major restructuring would see that it would be a significant step backwards for MAS and it's image worldwide. Would the government actually let that happen to it's pride and joy national airline? I think the PM and his staff will bail MAS out of this one before any of the rumours become a reality. (with taxpayers cash of course) The article said it would all take effect by Jan 1st but still no sign of that happening. Looks like the jobs are safe for the moment. Well, I certainly hope so.

[This message has been edited by QNH1013 (edited 06 December 2000).]

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
7th Dec 2000, 13:03
Pilost old chap,

What makes you think I'm an expat and Nik's
friend!! You may be wrong on both counts!!

I think you must be suffering from hypoxia because nobody could be that brain dead to be as hateful and jealous of another human being as you are of Nik. " Are you a closet management WANABE or are you a recalcitrant manager "Perhaps you even have grandiose aspirations of your own". Steaming on your off days dreaming of being in power and all the things you are going to do. You sound a bit like Anwar's driver. An aeroplane driver sent in to turn around the company. But face it old chap you are a benign little man. "You see you have never stood up to anyone in the airline and your only coup is in the coffee shop or nasi lemak stall" "Where do you stand". Basically I believe on which ever side you think will be most benifical to you. You have big things to say but when it comes to action you cower and hide behind the kabaya of your cabin crew, this is sadly the case. You sound like one of those MAPA Talibans, are you?????

For once in your sorry myopic life do something constructive for the overall good of all peoples in the airline regardless of race, creed and colour. If you can't, throw your worthless little self into the spinning N1 of a Rolls Royce Trent.

As for the CP FLT Safety hope he has a good time with the arabs and that his conditions are good and he has a truck full of money. "But you know what they say" What goes around comes around so his day will come as he knows all the back stabbing deeds he has done to get to his position and the deeds he did while he was there!! Do the rats really leave the sinking ship first??
"Tell me Pilost" Who in MAS will stand up and say "I am responcible I take full responcibility for this mess" Nobody right!!!
I rest my case.

"To be a man is to accept responsibility for one's actions"

OldAce
7th Dec 2000, 15:01
Capt Wooblah

Well said old chap.

PILOST
7th Dec 2000, 19:27
Ooohhhhhh.Must have hit your nerve then Wooblah.Or are you THE Snake Whoozlan?

Your Quote "to be a man is to accept responsibility for one's actions".How apt.Hey!I'm just rattling you!Snake is also one of the lame management you so despise.The straw that broke the camel's back was the VIE flt.As for the AKL 733F fiasco,didn't you know that the commander was instructed to 'hijack' the a/c & take it out of AKL?The poor crew were under house arrest when they tried that!Guess who gave those orders?So you're still not convinced?Didn't Snake hold his 'forums' when he was in MAPA at Richfield corner,a mamak stall?Your third para describes him to the T!Hahahahaha.

You're the hxpoxic one.Anybody in the management right now should be hanged & skinned alive & not just Nik alone.I'm not a management wannabe nor am I a MAPA Taliban. Who wants to clean up the big dog poo that they left anyway?I'm happy where I'm.Far from the office politics & planning my next personal money making ventures which has nothing to do with the airline business!

As for doing something good for myself & my country I cast my ballot every 5 years to the deserving politician.The last election results are a wake up call to the powers that be.I don't have to rave & rant with personal attacks like your posting, I just do it!

Nice corresponding with you Wooblah.Till then better make some plans......you might be out of a job!

Safe Flying!
PILOST

kurmitola
8th Dec 2000, 02:30
Yeah !! Yeah !!...its getting interesting again after a long lull." dont tell people about your money making venture mate, just do it!" If you like to tell me about that VIE flight...I mean the truth, I like to hear them but only the truth. You can include the thing like when did the crewing staff knew that Nick cant make it due to his other lossing money venture for the company and how come theres nobody else that can replace him ( no pilots ? then I think you should recommend that Joseph be sack !!!! before the rest ). The last worthy pay rise that I got was 27% and from EYCL I got to travel C-class as a F/O although it does not matter now cos I now travel on First.

Slasher
9th Dec 2000, 12:49
Er Pilost
GET RID OF THE EXPATS!
GET RID OF THE EXPATS!
GET RID OF THE EXPATS!
GET RID OF THE EXPATS!
There now, feel better?
Your hatred of foreign trash is obvious (maybe your just another Dr M disciple or realy an SIA local) but I notice its indemic in your part of the world for a kneejerk reaction to get rid of foreigners first then...oops! Oh sh*t we need them again! I think this last happened with your lot in 1995?
Wouldnt it be smarter to call for resignations of local pilots first and find out who realy wants to leave or retire early, then work out the numbers remaining and identify the surplus (if any)? Maybe a golden handshake to encourage older (expensive with less time to serve) pilots who are close to retiring anyway? But that would call for a smart business accounting decision by someone with balls without all the racist nationalist Dr M b*llsh*t factors.
I work in a company elsewhere in ASEAN whos managements (very) silent motto is "get rid of the bloodey LOCALS! The expat trash do a much better job!" Fortunatley we expatriates saved a few of the very good local pilots because they deserved better treatment than that. But maybe where just idealistic fools who realise race means nothing in the long run, unlike the 3rd-world retards in the office.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
10th Dec 2000, 11:00
Captain Wooblah Stands And Applauds Slasher !

Well said, straight to the point and all true.

Pilost:
I guess here is your reply to your previous statement in the thread. Again, you have demonstrated your hatred Ad Maximus, if it is your type that hate Nik all I can say is that he must be doing a wonderful and honest
Job in his department. I think I must go over to his ofice and ask him if he has a place for me there. Unfortunatly, I am not in his department and thus cannot tell you the exact facts pertaining to the two incidents that you mention. But I will attempt to look at them from an objective point as pilots are trained to do in the real world.

Delay of B777 flight VIE:
Cause of delay rostered commander did not report for duty. (Does it matter who it is ??)

Questions:
Was there an attempt to contact rostered pilot ?
Was the standby called up ?
Was there a standby ?
Was the standby contactable ?
Was there a Mutual change of roster ?
Was there a management change to the roster ?
Was there an error in rostering ?
Was there a bureaucratic bungel in rostering & scheduling ?
Isolate the problem area('s)
repair the problem so as it does not re-occur.

Since there was a rather long delay in excess of 20 hours, What happened to the back up system with regards to standby?

New Zealand dilema:
Would it not be reasonable to say that many departments were involved, such as
Scheduling, route planning, publications, corporate services ect,
just to mention a few. Why was there no alert generated through the before flight planning stage ? Was there a unforseen flaw in mission planning ? Have we rectified this problem? Was this particular problem detrimental in averting a catostropic re-occurance in a more hostile country or region of operation? Was this a reatively inexpensive incident that in fact due to it's discovery has indeed saved the company more money in the long run?

Unquantifiable Questions:

Was there any rivalry with regard to operations in this region?
Did any local companies stand to lose market share and money?
Was this a tactic to discourage MAS involvement and further expansion into the extremely lucrative Pacific freight and charter market.
Did the legal proceeding in fact benefit MAS as the court ruled in MAS's favour?
Was this a ground breaking legal case that in fact will stimulate further coporate earnings in this market?

All these points and more will will have to be taken into consideration, analysed and then acted upon.

I therefore see your view rather myopic and immature. " Nik is a snake everything is his fault" Do you really think that MAS will expand and grow with people like you in the company. No wonder the organization is in such a mess!!

Perhaps you should think about this. "Is flying and aviation realy a profession for you!!!!!!!!"

[This message has been edited by CAPTAIN WOOBLAH (edited 10 December 2000).]

PILOST
12th Dec 2000, 06:30
Well,well,well.Who said I was anti expat?When was any of my postings said so?Slasher, I do not intend to sling mud with you,but you must understand the rumours that are flying like flies in OZ,that are going around in MAS.

Aviation is an international & borderless world.We as professional pilots can learn from each other experiences.Thus my openness to all pilots,be it expat,contracts or locals!BUT presently in MAS, the news is that MAS's fleet will be rationalized to 75% of what they are now.Thus,employees will be laid off.That includes PILOTS.In any company when you cut excesses & fat the higher paid ones with the same amount of productivity goes first!Thus my FRIENDLY BANTER with Wooblah to look for a job!That applies to me too,should I be made redundant!No one is that indispensible!

So Slasher,please don't interject my posting to Wooblah unless you know the true intent & going ons in MAS.BTW Slasher I feel sad that you have to work for a communist outfit... supressing the locals to improve themselves.Sounds like a first world,highly moraled person compromising their principles for dollars (which btw the locals strive very hard to earn).& just to please the masses,you hand picked a few locals to appease the powers that be.Yup that's EAST INDIA incorporated rejuvenated!Or is that CX or RBA? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

Now,where were we Wooblah?Oh yeah the VIE flight.........
Let me try to enlighten you by answering your questions.

1)There was attempt to contact the said Snake,but he flatly refused to do the flight as he claimed to have an important meeting to attend,further to that he requested to be taken off the flight.

2)There was no standby left as all were fully utilised & most of the other pilots were at their max 365 days limits.He was made known of this fact but he still ordered the crewing personnal to find a replacement.

3)There was no changes to roster or bureaucratic bungles as it was a plainly rostered flight which is given at the last week of the preceeding month.

4)The problem is Snake flatly refuses to do the flight.It has recurred as he doesn't do any of the augmented crew ops.And cases has happenned that a poor soul has to cover up for him again & again & again......not to mention last minute changes of duty to accomodate his whims & fancy!

5)Maybe the mistake was that Snake forgot the standing orders for a management pilot, which is all scheduled flights must be mannned & management duties for management pilots are secondary to scheduled flights.

OK!Now for the AKL 737-300F fiasco.
The problem started when MAS was contracted by a company on BEHALF OF ANOTHER company to undertake the said flight services!When payment was made by the original company to the other party & MAS was left with nothing, things got really ugly.We must remember that the responsibility of the said contract were primarily with Snake's new outfit.

That was when the orders from the office (guess which office?) to 'hijack' the a/c out of AKL.Unfortunately,the crew were intercepted while taxying out at AKL for t/off by the local law enforcement personnel!
The poor crew were put under house arrest while this problem was sorted out.I can only imagine the anguish& shame of the pilots who did nothing wrong except listening to snake's order!Luckily the mess was sorted out,but the mistakes were never learned.

So Wooblah you must be wondering why I'm grinding my axe to this snake?Well let me tell you.HE is the exact replica of CAMEL when he was young,but more wily & cunning!So if I can help it that he never become a TALIBAN PART 2,why not?Again I find the anguish & despair of MAS employees goes in vain when we have these jokers in the system ruining a potentially good airline.

Till then fly safe everybody!

PILOST

[This message has been edited by PILOST (edited 12 December 2000).]

Slasher
12th Dec 2000, 17:14
Pilost

quote: Well,well,well.Who said I was anti expat? When was any of my postings said so?

Answer: The last lines of your last 2 successive posts. You must think I came down in the last shower. Ive been around long enough to recognise racist thinking Pilost, so dont deny this is your real feeling. I cant stand racists so thats why I posted a reaction to you.

quote: So Slasher,please don't interject my posting to Wooblah unless you know the true intent & (sic) going ons in MAS.

Reply: FYI Pilost, PPRuNe is not a private Tan-Sri tea party nor a private MAS pilot forum. All posts are up for public grabs pal. So anyone from around the globe has the right to post on any thread. And if you read my post properly you would see the subject was not MAS - the subject was YOU.

And BTW Pilost you probabley dont realise it, but you publicley hung yourself in your 3rd paragraph. Your naive (but totaly expected) comments concerning the local pilots whose jobs were saved in Nam proves exactley to a tee my point about you. QED.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
12th Dec 2000, 18:18
A STANDING OVATION TO SLASHER from Wooblah.

These fellows think we all came down in the last shower, now that some cutbacks are in the air they seem to be singing a different tune, Pilost you really live up to your name sake.

BTW Pilost your feeble story regarding VIE,AKL, Fairy tale stuff, do you really expect anybody to believe that any employee of a public company (and yes MD's, EVP's, SVP's, VP's, CP's, FM's ect) are all employees and would not just tell the company to get stuffed when it came to doing one's job. If what you say is true Nik would be long gone, not still where he is. The fact that he is still there is evidence enough that you are talking rubbish and perhaps just one tinnie short of a six pack.
He is not aligned with the RMC boys that are there in FLT OPS it is those guys that bail each other out and have created the mess, if it was crew shortage and no standby why don't you blame Joe or is he your pal?
He got rid of all the expats and those boys were good operators and good men it was just jealousy and racists like you that got rid of them with your sickness called white man syndrome, now that they are gone you turn on the Arabs that replaced them.

Taliban, that again is rubbish!!

Hijacking aircraft and being stopped on the runway? If this really happened as you say it did, wow, the crew must be really stupid BTW was PILOST the CAPTAIN.

Too much 007 in your stories, and too much hatred and jealousy in your expression.

Pilost please don't continue to make a fool of yourself I am starting to feel sorry for you.

PILOST
12th Dec 2000, 18:35
Wooblah,if you don't believe me,talk to the commander of the a/c (an Oz expat).It sounds like 007 stuff,but that was what exactly happened.

On the VIE flight,talk to the crewing officers.They have documents to proof!Anyway Wooblah,you would have already known that in Malaysia & especially MAS,the norm is should you screw up & you're in management,your actions will be covered up or you'll be promoted!That explains why the whole MAS management is still intact even after they post the biggest loss so far.Where's the justice.BTW Wooblah,Snake is from the EAST COAST!

To Slasher,if you say I'm a racist then so be it.If I would love to see my own countrymen & women (that's Malaysian)improve their lot then so be it.What saddens me is when you blatantly regard me as a racist when you're in an organization that condones it.Remember people in glass houses .....

Till then guys Safe Flying.
PILOST

[This message has been edited by PILOST (edited 12 December 2000).]

Iso
14th Dec 2000, 17:31
Tip of the geological iceberg there Tiger. There is alot more rotten in the bottom of the barrel than you'll know about. I have it on good authority that SOP's use & adherence is discretionary on some fleets, by some Captains. The transparent medical man has made sure of that!
The ramifications of his decisions will have consequences long after the events have passed, and no doubt he has passed on too.

kurmitola
14th Dec 2000, 19:14
Theres no question about who will get crucified first...the "Doctor" himself dont you think ? Did the CP squarely refused to do the flight or did he inform the crewing dept and the "doctor" before hand that he has got that meeting ( company ie; MH 's matter ) to attend and was promised that the roster will be changed accordingly ? Dont forget who is the guy in charge of all those guys at the crewing dept....yep, Sambo the blackie , a well known character who thinks only he can run the bloody company and anybody who is brighter is a BIG THREAT TO HIS CAREER !!!! A few of my friends had this problem before. Remember when we are rostered to fly to an airfield that needs a physical RQ ? This friend of mine informed the crewing dept well in advance that he cannot operate into XXX cos' he need to be RQ first. At the end of the day, he was grounded for refusing to fly.......and whos behind all this ? Those crewing #$%&ers and of course their boss blackie and not to mention Joseph who are always lying....whats new ?

tigerwood
14th Dec 2000, 19:35
If the CP Flt.Safety feels that he need to look north for whatever reason, it is within his right. I wish him all the best. What disgust me most is when a pilot (heard he's F50 Capt) has been charged in a DI for not knowing that he's not required for a flight duty and found guilty. Subsequently, he loss a year increment as punishment. And here a management "Capt", knowingly he was rostered to do a flight, refused to do the flight and got away with murder... Just because he wanted to attend a "very important" meeting. It's O.K. that the flight was delayed 23 hours. The moral of the story, the "Doctor" will decide who should be crucified.

OldAce
16th Dec 2000, 12:23
You all can say whatever against Nik Huz. I take my hats off to that fella. Being the most junior pilot in high level management he operate better than a snake, in fact more like a mongoose. Also he is one of the few non-Taliban pilot left in management and surviving this far he got to be recognized for the contribution he had made. At least he does not go around screwing up other pilots life like some others do.

Camel did one good thing when he was the SVP, all management pilot fly for one week and spent the rest of the month in the office doing their main job. Since he was kicked out its back to square one (for some management pilot to get productivity pay and to screw up some other management pilot). Nik Huz have to do his primary job that is running the charter stuff but the Talibans want him removed from management by sabotaging all his efforts. Since they control the rostering they play havoc with his flying schedules always putting him to fly when he got meetings to attend to. So Nik had been doing mutual swaps and so on playing cat and mouse to keep going, but the last one was a real subversion where they made sure there was 'no pilot left' in order to nail him.

And kurmitola trying to deflect the blame on Blackie who is also a non-Taliban. Can you guys see the big picture.

[This message has been edited by OldAce (edited 16 December 2000).]

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
16th Dec 2000, 18:51
Old Ace, what you said regarding Nik is spot on, I wonder if that Pilost fellow is that grandfather MAPA fellow who drives around in his Benz on the hands free pretending he is important, but in fact is an abseloutly useless closet taliban that has done zilch for the pilots.

BUT, with regards to the black duck this fellow is really dangerous and was and probably still is the camels hump, he's got where he is through camel sperm swallowing.
I remember the harrasment he delivered to the junior captains and Fo's calling houses and taging them for sick leave ect. He is also famous for divide and rule, and has as we speak sent another petition to the new in coming management as was done by camel to get the svp's post, but blackduck is aiming even higher eyes wide shut on the md's post.
Furthermore what about his outside business interests, where does that leave him with regard to the exclusive service clause.
I believe he should be amongst the first to go. May the new order clean house once and for all, that goes for the secretarys too.

P.S, his efforts are to no avail, this time the petition was a big mistake and has backfired all 40 odd names are now marked for extinction. There is a god and justice will be done !!!!!!

kurmitola
17th Dec 2000, 00:59
Well Done and I hope it will be swift. looking forward to good days again and I believe Nik can do a lot better job than more of a dozen goons in the present Flt.Ops . To those concerned....Was the last MOU ( before this present one that is ! ) forced down your throat or voted by the majority? NEED a straight answer or I will instead call you a snake !!!