PDA

View Full Version : QF LHCC..Hotel Changes

surfside6
12th May 2008, 11:39
LAX
Effective 1st July...move out of Bonaventure to Costa Mesa..South Coast Plaza.Travel time 45mins
JFK Shuttles crews..back to Long Beach.
Costa Mesa was where we were 25years ago
HKG
The LHR Base Crew have finally succeeded in having us kicked out of The Langham Hotel.
We go back to the Island and the Centeniary Hotel

speedbirdhouse
12th May 2008, 12:41
Bugger.

Just when down town LA is seeing gentrification on a large scale that is making it a great place to stay.:{

South Coast Plaza will please the shoppers but how much landfill does one really need?

Long Beach will also please many. Just a shame we can't all be accommodated in the same hotel but I'm pleased to hear that we're not in Anaheim [or San Pedro :yuk:].

The Langham was arguably our best hotel.

What a shame.........

H_Girl
12th May 2008, 13:57
thats terrible regarding the Langham, what did they do?

Transition Layer
12th May 2008, 21:24
What a load of crap re: The Langham and the LHR base having us "kicked out".

The Sydney crew said the same thing about the old BKK hotel at Queens Park, rumours of glass in the pool and it having to be drained were going round - this was proven to be untrue! And then I heard the exact same story coming from the mother's committee down the back of the bus the other day regarding Hong Kong! If you're gonna try and blame the LHR crew at least come up with a new story!!!

Get a life... :mad:

Green.Dog
12th May 2008, 21:41
Proven by whom?...you?
You are full of it

lowerlobe
12th May 2008, 22:58
The company had the chance a number of years ago to buy the hotel in Redondo Beach.....but as usual missed the boat when they decided it wasn't worth it.

Before Twiggs jumps in and defends the management yet again....

They would have had all crew in the one pub and not that far from LAX so transport was a breeze.The area around the hotel had bars and restaurants was relatively close to shopping and was safe to walk around.

Well...as safe as LA get's.

Costa Mesa is a nice spot and it is close to the shopping plaza with some bars and restaurants from memory....TGIF etc...

The only problem was the ride in those sardine cans the Americans call buses especially after a 14 hour flight.

Although when the flying croissant is up and running you guys will have to have more than one bus.My guess is that the tech crew will insist on their own bus and cabin crew on the other but whether all cabin crew could fit on one bus is another matter...

Shame about the Langham though no matter what the reason....

Shazz-zaam
12th May 2008, 23:10
Langham Hotel in HKG was simply a non renewal of contract.

The hotel can make more money with other contracts and business travellers.

Qantas are always looking for the cheapest alternatives , so the managers can get their big fat bonuses.

We finish at the Langham at the end of June.

Why do some people keep blaming QFUK crew each time we change hotels?

I'm suprised they didn't get blamed for our move from Pasadena.

OhForSure
12th May 2008, 23:31
Quick one:

Do QF Cabin Crew and Tech Crew usually stay in the same accommodation (Intl or Dom)? Or are they split in certain ports? I was always under the impression that they stay at the same place... :confused:

mach2male
12th May 2008, 23:32
You know this how?
The changes in LAX now mean that CC and TC will now stay in different places of accommodation.
As the number of pilots is less than the number of CC they easier to house in smaller hotels.
The requirement in LAX is 4000 room nights per month for CC.

cartexchange
13th May 2008, 05:56
standards dropping again.
long beach is a hole
costa mesa too far on those LAX buses
I always liked Bonaventure and Have always stuck up for it.
Langham was great, yes the contract was up, but the drunken chavs walking through the foyer didnt help either.

H_Girl
13th May 2008, 08:07
Does anyone have the details of the new hotel in LA so that i can check it out on the internet?

chicka
13th May 2008, 08:27
Hey guys, does anyone know where QF LHCC stay in honolulu, I have my first trip coming up and was just curious

thanks

chicka:O

speedbirdhouse
13th May 2008, 08:44
Yes. Ring scheduling or look in your bid book.

speedbirdhouse
22nd May 2008, 10:10
At least one crew arriving at the Bonaventure recently has been told by the duty manager to stop the rumours as we are not moving?????

I guess that confirms the move then.........

Metro man
22nd May 2008, 10:25
I thought we weren't supposed to discuss which hotels crew stay at, in case of wierdos ??????:confused:

speedbirdhouse
22nd May 2008, 11:49
The hotel in question has been an open topic of discussion on pprune and "on the public record", since the moment we moved in.:rolleyes:

www.smh.com.au/news/National/Fight-path-grounds-Qantas-cabin-crew/2005/06/15/1118645872813.html

It's so quiet there though, these days..............:ok:

lowerlobe
23rd May 2008, 05:46
It's good to see somethings have not changed since I left....

I have heard about a new crew title called 'Crew Service Champions' with regard to the new Premium Y/C procedure's .....is this the new name for the Sherpa's?

Who came up with the name?

Shazz-zaam
23rd May 2008, 11:04
Spoke to the bloke checking us into the hotel in LA. He said that he doesn't know anything about us leaving and that crew have been constantly spreading the rumour since we moved from Pasadena.

I believe it when it happens.

I have to remind myself that this only a rumour network after all.:ok:

Pegasus747
23rd May 2008, 15:03
Qantas are currently checking hotels in LA HKG and SIN.

Rates have been increased significantly and most hotels cannot supply the number of room nights required.

Bonaventure is Qantas 1st choice but hotels in newport and costa mesa near south coast plaza are also being looked at. I believe the renovated Hilton and Long Beach is being looked at as well.

Accomodation in HKG is critical and no hotels want cabin crew. particularly in the numbers required by QF.

in HKG Pilots are actually staying at Airport Regal hotel during A330 training and QF are looking at that too.

Sadly no one wants us :(

drshmoo
23rd May 2008, 18:20
Transition Layer

Conflict of interest?????????????

As for the Regal in HKG, the only plus is it is close to cathay

indamiddle
24th May 2008, 05:00
wait till the A380 crew get going. it will be carnage in the hotels and make the damage by the london base look like a kindergarten. we will be in swags on the beach

Pegasus747
24th May 2008, 05:47
Couldnt agree more....

No matter what the company say i am convinced that half the problems in shared hotels are caused by the behaviour of the chavs in the the london base.

Conversations i have had with hotel staff seem to confirm this but QF management are in total denial.

Luckyglen
29th Jun 2008, 21:05
I start my training with Qantas next month and would like to know what hotels do Qantas international crew stay in SIN and BKK

skylarker
30th Jun 2008, 01:25
I would sugest you call QF for that sort of information as I don't think crew will divulge that sort of info here.

SL :ok:

inandout
18th Sep 2008, 08:54
What is V Australias LA hotel

capt.cynical
18th Sep 2008, 11:51
Inandout,

They wont have one. Because their conditions are SO good.:yuk: They wont need one,quick turnaround and back home.:ugh::ugh::E

One local night and do it all again!!!!:\

H_Girl
19th Sep 2008, 04:47
I hear BA have been shopping for a new hotel for its crew in SIN. I don't blame them though as some of the rooms we get allocated are crap!

dbxgirl3194
20th Sep 2008, 05:17
:ugh:Actually Cynical I think you will find the V crew layovers will be between 53 hrs and 80 hrs depending on whether or not it is a BNE or SYD trip....

Hotel still being decided and it won't be at the airport. :ugh:

inandout
2nd Mar 2009, 04:47
Va staying at Hilton Long beach i hear

funbags
2nd Mar 2009, 21:38
"Va staying at Hilton Long beach i hear"

I don't think they will be staying there much longer.

leffe
2nd Mar 2009, 21:53
Why do you say that Funbags...???

lowerlobe
4th Mar 2009, 08:29
I don't think they will be staying there much longer.
Funbags.....You haven't been embarrassing yourself again have you?:E

inandout
18th Jun 2009, 06:52
Rumour is VA is moving Hotels

funbags
18th Jun 2009, 09:42
Told ya. :}