PDA

View Full Version : SQ HR Dept

Frying Dutchman
26th Feb 2001, 08:41
Hi all,

Does anyone has any idea to whom shd I address my resume (for cadet pilot) in the Human Resource Dept of SIA? Thanks.

titan
26th Feb 2001, 14:21
Please note that humans are not considered a "resource" in SIA but a cost of production.
Mail your resume to:

C/o
Singapore Airlines
4th Floor
Flight Training Centre

[This message has been edited by Sick Squid (edited 16 March 2001).]

Frying Dutchman
26th Feb 2001, 17:43
Hi Titan...

Nice to hear from you. I have been following your postings on SIA ever since I have first surf this website. I must say you have a real hatred for SIA, sparing no mercy in your postings.

Humans are resources or not to the company depend on whether that person himself is considered worthy as a resource and be treated accordingly.

Apologies if I sound sarcastic or stupid, just trying to make another friend ;)

Now, could you tell me if that xxxxxx xxxxx is xxxxxx xxx since you have worked there before? Appreciate if you don't bombard me in reply.

Hypoxia999
26th Feb 2001, 19:00
Frying Dutchman,

You appear to be fishing. Are you a SQ spy?

Kaptin M
27th Feb 2001, 01:33
Frying Dutchman, I think that name you cited is correct - don't worry about poor titan, he shafted himself with SQ a couple of years ago, and has ended up back in the G.A. arena, in Australia.

"Dragon Lady"? - peurile name calling isn't a trait of a mature adult, titan. Off to crayola school you run!

WLT
27th Feb 2001, 04:48
Whether you are a SQ spy or not....call xxxxxxxx and ask to be transferred to xxxx or xxxx. xxxxxxxx xxx will not entertain you. Nice people but do not get them on a wrong day – they are most probably underpaid too!

Lee
27th Feb 2001, 06:58
Call xxxxxx directly at xx xxxxx xxxx.

He will answer all your questions. Ask him anything about the Cadet-Pilot intake or Direct-entry Pilot intakes and he will help you. He works in the HR Dept at Singapore Airlines.

Best wishes to all aspirants. The sky is the limit!

Frying Dutchman
27th Feb 2001, 07:15
Gd day everyone..

Thanks for the phone no! Will call Edward today.

Btw, I ain't no spy for SQ. Just another low-time hr pilot.

Titan, no wonder you have some much time posting messages in this website ;)

[This message has been edited by Frying Dutchman (edited 27 February 2001).]

Lee
27th Feb 2001, 07:24
Kaptin M,

You seem to be spilling the beans about people's whereabouts, first, Gladiator and now Titan's workplace.

It's time you reveal your workplace!

Kaptin M
27th Feb 2001, 08:56
Lee, my friend, "the spilt beans" are the morsels picked up from posts here on PPRuNe, and not from any devious source or through any research - generally it is stuff that has been volunteered by either Glad, or titan. If you wish to believe Glaiator, I'm either a Singapore Government agent, or SQ staff. If titan is more credible, then I'm an F/O [somewhere...he hasn't nominated a country yet]. All or any of these are fine by me, however none are correct.

Have a look around some other forums, if you're really interested, but honestly I'm just another pilot who has managed to eke an existence out of flying in Asia and Australia, and from experience [of having worked for 4 major, and 1 lesser airline] believes that SQ is not as big a bogeyman as those two guys would have everyone believe.

Asian airline management are different from their western country counterparts, inasmuch as they see the staff as just another chip in the computer - if one chip doesn't perform to the expected standard then it is replaced. There is a square, and everybody must think, and act within that square. What Gladiator and titan failed to understand, was that that type of mentality can be used to one's own advantage to snooker them. When you finally realise this, that's when you can [i]really have some FUN with them. "Don't get mad - get even."

WLT
27th Feb 2001, 10:13
Lee,

I am gonna avoid you from now. From what I have gathered, you are close to SQ Flight Ops Management. I shall spend my time with other interesting topics and users of Pprune. I think I have given you too many clues. Anyway, enjoy and long live the passion.

WLT

Lee
27th Feb 2001, 13:39
WLT,

Just because I know the direct telephone numbers of the HR Dept doesn't mean that I am close with SQ Flight Operations, or an agent of SQ for that matter.

More telephone numbers to scare you WLT,

Have a nice day WLT!

sia sniffer
27th Feb 2001, 21:03
.."a lesser airline", need we say more. Capt M, an accident waiting to happen. I'm going to find out some more info, i'm a natural born sniffer.

titan
28th Feb 2001, 03:38
Kaptin M:
As almost everyone else knows who I am, I find myself amazed at your contiued ignorance. There isn't much point to my quest if SIA doesn't know from where I come.

Now, your goose is cooked. Some time ago you emailed one of your colleagues but somehow ended up with my email address in the TO section. Not only did you expose Whiskery, but a couple others as well.

...... there must be a god!

Now remember what I said about every journey starting with the first step. I get no interest in having to defend myself and would much prefer to sink my teeth into things that matter; subjects where we can all make a difference and hopefully, by chipping away slowly, make aviation a more open and safer place.

titan
28th Feb 2001, 04:10
and incidently, M, you wrote:
"Asian airline management are different from their western country counterparts"

well yes ...... because they crash more often.

Kaptin M
28th Feb 2001, 04:35
My goose is cooked? My god titan, do you mean my whole life is going to come tumbling down because you were privvy to one of my private emails - which, as you said, " Some time ago you emailed one of your colleagues but somehow ended up with my email address in the TO section.".

I hope there weren't any earth-shattering secrets of international significance contained therein.

"Now remember what I said about every journey starting with the first step[/i"...you're taking credit for coining that phrase??!! RIGHT!!

"[i]I......would much prefer to sink my teeth into things that matter...and hopefully...make aviation a...safer place.". I totally agree with you there, but calling one of SQ's staff "Dragon Lady", and hurling personal abuse at others WON'T achieve your aim. They are only the "chips", doing their job in the big computer, but with plenty of redundancies in place if they are removed, for whatever reason. They are also individuals with feelings, and you [as an angmo] who has now left SIA, will only cause the locals who weren't particulary enamoured by us in the first place, to become even more heavy-handed with those who are still there.

Proof? Remember Teh H.H.? Did you ever fly with him? He was "brought up" in SQ under the British colonial iron fist. Consequently, once he became a Captain, he used to make life for angmo F/O's a misery eg. I know one Aussie who did a 10 day Europe trip with HH, and the old boy did ALL the flying. I asked him once, "Did the British give you a hard time?". He looked wryly at me, laughed a little laugh, and replied "Yes." He was one of the old school - CRM wasn't in their vocabulary then, and there are still some around today [obviously younger than H.H.], who will take their vengeance out on another angmo [who is] innocent of any verbal abuse on their part, but who is representative of the originator.

So titan, by all means go for it, but refrain from non-constructive name calling. As an aside, HH was the ONLY checker to fail Maurice on a sim ride - so maybe he wasn't ALL bad!

Gladiator
28th Feb 2001, 08:21
TEH is gone but left his son behind.

Kaptin M
28th Feb 2001, 09:33
Well thanks for that Glad, but it has no relevance [and yes, I know young Gerald, not a bad lad by all accounts]. I used HH as an illustration of how some Singaporeans collectively categorise Westerners, and vent their frustrations/"punishment" on the individuals of that group, for the perceived injustice inflicted on them [the Singaporeans] by (an)other Westerner(s).

Sick Squid
1st Mar 2001, 00:51
I'm shutting this one down for a while until I get the opinions of the bosses here at Pprune on the posting of telephone numbers such as on page one of this thread..... my gut feeling is that public domain numbers will be ok, but internal numbers with names attached may not be kosher.

This is only a temporary closure of the thread until I get the gen, then I'll re-open it again....maybe.

...and it isn't being re-opened. For a precis of what goes and doesn't go re-posting company contact information on pprune a click here (http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum34/HTML/000332.html) may make things a bit clearer.

Sick Squid
Far East Forum Moderator