PDA

View Full Version : Flying Schools

Pedro__90
12th May 2008, 07:09
Hey

I'm currently in year 12 and was wondering on how to become a pilot? Do i do an aviation course at the Uni of NSW or do i go to a private school in Bankstown? What happens after I finish the course? Where do i go on? And any other useful information that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

McFlyte
12th May 2008, 09:15
I would start with a search of these forums for information, then the internet in general.

If you're still in school check with your careers person (do they still have these?). Check out local flight schools, have a chat with them and perhaps take an introductory flight.

Do you have any flying experience yet? If not an introductory flight might be a good idea to make sure you like it!

Pedro__90
12th May 2008, 09:37
Yes i have taken an introductory flight and loved it lol... Can you recommend any good schools in the Bankstown area??

BTW yes we still have careers person. She only knows of two routes to become a pilot. Through the Uni of NSW or the Air Force. Thats why i'm asking here to find out which other ways....

Thanks Again

airman1
12th May 2008, 10:08
Pedro__90 ,

There are several options out there, if you have the money to burn then a full time course is the way to go. There is the UNI option which is very expensive compared to other full time diploma courses on the market. The Diploma course that a few flying schools run works in conjunction with TAFE NSW and when you finish you end up with an advanced diploma in aviation.

There are plenty of schools at Bankstown, it would probably be best if you did a bit of research..... Suggest maybe google they all have websites. Once you have found a few schools that is in your price range and wont be full up when you enroll let us know and we will give you a run down on your choices!!

There are several schools that are extremely busy with overseas students and are struggling for instructors so have a good look around. You are definatley trying to get into the bizz at the right time ………aviation in Oz is screaming for pilots!!!! :ok:

Lucky Six
12th May 2008, 11:17
Think seriously about the University route as it give you a couple of options. Firstly there is the likelihood of HECS being available (or so it is rumored), secondly a degree never goes astray and thirdly if the flying side fails you still have a means of entering the aviation industry with a relevant degree.

Never stop seeking advice.

Safe flying