PDA

View Full Version : Boring..........

Nihontraveller
1st Dec 2000, 09:49
Having been visiting this page weekly over the last 6 months I have to say that the constant SIA slagging is now completely boring.

There are plenty of other issues in the Far East other than SIA and most of them are far more interesting!

How about a "Slagging off SIA" forum so you guys can go and carry on your mindless bitching in your own space.

Anyone agree with me?

PILLOW
1st Dec 2000, 12:09
AYE

Gladiator
1st Dec 2000, 20:16
Nihontraveller if you find the subjects boring please refrain from 'clicking' on the subjects.

Otherwise freedom of speech prevails. FAR EAST Forum is what it is. What it is represents the reality that exists.

You want you click, don't want, don't click.

P.S. Nobody likes Whistleblowers.

Nihontraveller
4th Dec 2000, 10:47
Gladiator: Your point was taken some weeks ago when I stopped clicking on obviously anti-SIA subjects.

It`s actually sad that the Far East forum is dominated with this stuff. This region is one of the most exciting in the world for aviation at the moment but the contents of the Far East forum do not reflect that. Take a look at Hong Kong forum for quality discussion.

Can`t you put your obvious literary talents to something more constructive?

Gladiator
5th Dec 2000, 06:28
Nihontraveller your comments are noted. However, Far East forum does reflect the reality in at least Singapore and Singapore Airlines.

PILLOW
5th Dec 2000, 07:13
Its hard to get reality from parties with vested interest .

addinfurnightem
5th Dec 2000, 07:55
Gladiator - reality only as seen through the eyes of the disenchanted.

Gladiator
5th Dec 2000, 09:16
Whistleblower would be a more accurate description.

The facts speak for themselves in black and white. Enchanted view, vested interest, etc, are only opinions.

Far East forum is what it is and it accurately represents employment at SIA.

Addinfur, when you were using a different user name, did you not say that you do not wish to comment on Far East forum back the day Far East forum was created?

Gladiator, Titan, sia sniffer, apollo 11, Sir Jerker, storyman, Nevan, Skeltor, A Few Good Men, etc (cannot think of all of them, the list is long), WERE and ARE employees of Singapore Airlines.

If we are here to say what we are saying, then that is what there is to say.

The stories posted on PPRuNe are always discounted by the opposition (excluding a few posing as SIA or ex-SIA), being present SIA employees, management, etc.

Just imagine the following post by, i.e. Titan:

November 3, 2000

Yesterday SQ006 took off of a closed runway in TPE. There were construction equipment on the closed runway including concrete blocks. The aircraft missed the equipment by six inches. Another incident added to the SIA cowboy list. Lucky only by six inches, it could have been a disaster. End.

What kind of responses do you think would have followed? Go back and search all the SIA posts involving SIA incidents, go back and read Singapore Airlines vs. Gladiator in detail and think hard about each point.

The responses would have ranged from bull pucky to disgrunteled employee, displaced, maladjusted, bond runner, loser.

Think about it. There can be one crazy, they cannot all be crazy.

Whiskery
5th Dec 2000, 11:02
You are crying in your beer.

Genuine incidents occuring within SIA are a concern for all professional pilots and have been treated as such. It is the ridiculous:-

747's flying down a valley off R/W 27 in Melbourne saving passengers lives,aircraft ceilings burning because a APU exhaust hose lets go in a sealed bulkhead compartment and F/O s moving tonnes of freight in flight to get the C of G correct for landing.

These are the types of "incidents" that attract the "maladjusted,displaced,loser and disgruntled employee" criticism.

Bay of Bengal,Silk Air suicide,pilots running into duty problems etc,. are all bona fide incidents and are a concern,whether employed by SIA or not.

Keep the faith:]

[This message has been edited by PPRuNe Towers (edited 07 December 2000).]

PILLOW
5th Dec 2000, 13:10
Gladys
If internet dont exist , you will be writing these graffitis on toilet walls . Now you have perfected the arts of cyber-graffiti .

Try what you may , I dont think you are going to get your money back

Cheers

PILLOW
5th Dec 2000, 13:59
Flashback !!!

Lets say in 1997/1998 SIA decided that Gladys/Sir Jerker , Titan and a few others are suitable for command training . They went through the entire process and actually made it to the left hand seat . Capt V and Capt L .

I wonder what this forum will look like .

[This message has been edited by PILLOW (edited 05 December 2000).]

addinfurnightem
5th Dec 2000, 14:15
Gladiator - Enough of this BS, yes, I used to be "Methusalah" but then your friend SKELTOR published my name and, because on a number of issues I do not agree with SQ policy/management/remuneration/crewing/FTLs etc. and have said so, here, and still live and work here in Singapore, I was very p*ss*ed off and changed my user name, only to have your friend SKELTOR tell the whole PPRuNe network that I had re-surfaced under my present user I/D, he was here, we know who he is and he is a complete prat, he will eventually fall into the hole he digs for himself, we don't have to even try.
I did try to re-register as Methusalah but the system won't accept it.
The fact that I would have preferred that we did not get our own forum in the Far East does not stop me from either reading or posting on it if I wish to.
What would really screw up both your own and Titan's plans would be an SIA forum, - yes, I know that you would be able to use someone else's staff number etc. but wouldn't it limit your audience - and how!!!?

[This message has been edited by addinfurnightem (edited 05 December 2000).]

titan
5th Dec 2000, 17:50
addinfurnightem:
Methusalah!!! Well I never realised. Your infamous reputation follows you.

Gladiator, could you email me with some of the more pertinent details on this amazing character. Thanks.

Gladiator
5th Dec 2000, 19:15
We are back to square one.

PILLOW SIA was not worthy of my services as a commander. We resigned, we fired SIA as an employer because SIA could not cut the mustard.

Could you please expand on your statement, "you cannot get your money back".

The document in front of me says, "@#&%$*&#@#", ooooopppps (Gladiator be careful not to breach the 13 page agreement, you are not suppose to tell).

PILLOW your posts are beginning to sound like a few other users that are no longer with us.

The Prisoner
5th Dec 2000, 19:58

[This message has been edited by The Prisoner (edited 05 December 2000).]

Damsel
6th Dec 2000, 01:06
These postings are like a circle, we are now back at the start again, there is no exit!

We have had these amazing personal attacks before, the arguments never cease, this forum does not seem to be achieving anything.

All you will succeed in doing is closing it down!!!

[This message has been edited by Damsel (edited 05 December 2000).]

Gladiator
6th Dec 2000, 05:03
Stop being a cry baby. My name appeared on PPRuNe a dozen times. I did not e-mail the administrator crying about it.
If I have something to say, I say it, stand by it and sign my name to it.

But then I can understand the secret measures necessary when working under KGB/Gestapo.

BAE146
6th Dec 2000, 07:18
the title of this topic is "Boring........"

What you see is what you get.

addinfurnightem
6th Dec 2000, 12:40
Gladiator - As you must know you are talking macho BS. This is an anonymous forum for people to speak their minds without fear of retribution from ANY quarter. I notice that whilst you have a lot to say about SQ you say precious little about your current employer - I wonder why?

Fat Cat Capt a.k.a. Skeltor - a very cheap shot but no less than one would expect from you. Apart from talking malicious nonsense you obviously know nothing of my eating and social habits nor the fact that I havn't spoken to a management pilot from the 4th floor in nearly three years.
Why not do us all a favour and take your gratuitous clap-trap somewhere it might be appreciated?

Gladiator
7th Dec 2000, 03:38
I fail to see what my employer has to do with the topic in hand.

Since you asked, my employer treats me like an employee as opposed to a component. I get 18 days off per month, choose where I go and when I go. In six months, as FO on B737-400, I get paid the same as B-777 Captain as SIA.

The bottom line is my employer has my loyalty, SIA could not cut the mustard.

Sure they have their share of problems, but I will stand behind them 100%.

Are you happy now old man.