PDA

View Full Version : RaK Airways, revisited

Itswindyout
11th May 2008, 11:19
The new aircraft arrived, and is sitting on the ramp. BROKEN...

never mind keep trying guys....

Gulfstreamaviator
12th May 2008, 05:13
both aircraft on the ramp this morning. time for a group hug, and picture.

Atlas320
12th May 2008, 06:32
Hope you people in RAK Airlines are not using Primaris, they ran off in the middle of the contract with us (Atlas Jet). Caused many problems. You really need to do a check up on companies before you use them or was there some money that passed hands? We fired some people because we believe they got money from Primaris. Hope you are not using N741PA bad airplane due to the poor maintenance they have.

fractional
12th May 2008, 11:06
Long time without news. 2 aircraft now. B757s? Idle? I thought they were doing something whatever it is.

Gulfstreamaviator
12th May 2008, 14:32
as their summer back up.

Yes it is that same airframe.

glf

ShinjukuHustler
13th May 2008, 07:44
Hi,

Any ideas on proposed routes, aircraft utilisation etc?
Scheduled or chartered? With Hajj approaching later this year they could clean up on charters to JED.
Where's the customer base coming from primarily? RAK Ceramics?

Dr.Potty still at the helm?

I hope for all the people who have been waiting so long for this to get moving that this year will be the summer of Rak Airways...

How does this all tie in with this other outfit that is rumoured to be starting at RKT ( 737's I think?)

Hustle on :ok:

Gulfstreamaviator
13th May 2008, 12:01
Dr Potty, still in charge, but away a vast amount of the time flying his anchient Hawker around the airways.

Most pax are ceramic materials operatives.

There is a vast market for quality charter, at related prices, direct to RAK, slowly buiilding, but it is there already.

The future is great for RAK and the airport, but not until the airport is improved, the infrastructure.

What is happening re the two new International Airports to be built within 25 K of RAK?. Is RAK lacking in proacactive management?.

There is a rumour of the 737-200 coming to RAK, but I have no hard news. First job is to send the 76,s to the smelter. and make space for new business.

Chaos Controller
13th May 2008, 12:58
I believe they are looking at opening more routes to India as well as Kathmandu by the end of this year, and going to aquire a third 757 if I am not mistaken.
RAK airways has also signed a deal with boeing for 4 737-800NGs to be delivered in 2011 and 2012 (2 each year) and with an option of 2 more.

Also as GLFaviator says is interesting with two new airports being built in the area, Ajman international will be at Manama at about 15 NMs final for RWY 34, and the new Umm Al Quwain about 6 NM west of Ras Al Khaimah. not only will it be competition for the airport, but in an already almost full airspace two more international airports is going to make things really interesting... Remember to bring extra fuel for excessive holding :rolleyes:

Gulfstreamaviator
2nd Jun 2008, 10:42
The word in the sand is a new Chief today.

Is the Dr in a firing mood.

Is Teflon man on his radar.

Lets hope so.

cubana
17th Jun 2008, 21:33
Is Rak Airways Recruiting Captains?

Average Salary On B757 Or B737?

Thanks...

IFLy4Free
18th Jun 2008, 00:39
Some of the pilots are from Primaris on a 30 day rotation.