PDA

View Full Version : evacuation op by gf

brassplate
11th May 2008, 10:22
http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Story.asp?Article=216955&Sn=BNEW&IssueID=31052

a noble cause indeed that needed to be done.

out of curiosity, was this a fully paid government charter or did gf foot the bill? was bahrain air involved at all?

.Aero
11th May 2008, 20:59
Gulf Air is 100% owned by the Govt of Bahrain. Makes good publicity too!

" Gulf Air saves the day! "

parabellum
11th May 2008, 22:44
Shame they were not so quick off the mark when it came to helping Rad Gammage then.:*

notrocketscience
12th May 2008, 12:06
Unfortunately true, parabellum, but it all depends on your 'wasta'.

fractional
12th May 2008, 12:10
Shame they were not so quick off the mark when it came to helping Rad Gammage then.Not a National...:mad:, therefore expendable...:ooh:

brassplate
12th May 2008, 12:49
i'll be the devil's advocate on this one.

should the government really be putting the RG issue in the same category as evacuating her citizens from a war-torn nation and harms way? come on:ugh:. why is this leaving a bitter taste in your mouths?

fractional
12th May 2008, 16:04
why is this leaving a bitter taste in your mouths?Not at all! How much did he do for Bahrain and her citizens (Natinals and Expats) in his long GF career including performing evac flights from Lebanon (and elsewhere) in previous occasions? You are probably now going to say he was (well) paid to do the job...
How long have you been around brassplate? Get a life!

Chuck Y
12th May 2008, 17:08
Good job guys. Only 4 posts before this thread degenerated into a national v expat s***fest. I wish some of our colleagues would get out of their pushchairs & just grow up.

Sal-e
13th May 2008, 10:37
The word 'fraction' goes back ultimately to the Latin verb frangere, "to break." From the stem of the past participle frāctus is derived Late Latin frāctiō (stem frāctiōn-), "a breaking" or "a breaking in pieces...

Fractional, seems your choice of alias describes you as the naturally divisive type who relishes only in division amongst peers.

Warbirds
13th May 2008, 17:38
Are you guys for real? :ugh:

fractional
13th May 2008, 17:39
Sal-e as the naturally divisive type who relishes only in division amongst peersVery colloquial I should add.