PDA

View Full Version : L1011 Tristar work/jobs

Saturn
11th May 2008, 03:50
Wondering if there is any new info on L1011 flying? After the surprsie demise of Globejet, where if any are there decent jobs? My problem is I do not have L1011 time but have flown just about everything else. I always loved the L1011 and would very much like to fly it. Unfortunately I know that a lot of operator's of the type are a bit shady now. Any info would help. Thank you.

Flying Mechanic
11th May 2008, 04:02
Zoom Airways in UAE are looking for crew, have a look on www.climbto350.com.

GlueBall
11th May 2008, 08:09
Check with 411A, aka "Capt TriStar." :ok:

mutt
11th May 2008, 18:23
One of the big problems facing L1011 operators is finding somewhere to train the crews....

Mutt

Dani
11th May 2008, 19:49
and the other problem is to find spare parts...

hamilton
11th May 2008, 20:19
...and another problem is that fuel cost too much for this old 3engine bird...
h

Earl
12th May 2008, 21:22
Quote: Saturn Wondering if there is any new info on L1011 flying? After the surprise demise of Globejet,

Earl:
I have to agree Saturn, Globejet took care of the cockpit crews and paid us even when things were not so good for the company.
Joe and Miranda looked after the crews and were good people.

The companies to avoid are as follows:

Orange Air/Linejet/Bourtuqalieh Air, what ever they want to call themselves now out of Jordan with aircraft N194AT, or any other aircraft they may try to operate, 747 or L-1011, bad past history with both, crews did not get paid.
Even after operating aircraft that were overdue engine A/D and maint checks.

Starjet UAE also out of Jordan, very bad reputation.
Skyeyes out of Thailand, one of the worse,non payment and bad aircraft the norm there.

All these companies are very shady operators and have a serious issue with the AOC and crew salary, in short they dont pay the crews.

Some possibilities of promising Companies.
1. Privelage Jet, heard these guys did get paid, also out of Jordan.
2. Zoom Airways, jury still out on this one since he is a breakaway from Sunny at Skyeyes with Bangladeshi funding, hope he does pay and keeps his word.

Tristar jobs, the good one anyway are pretty much finished unless someone else comes along that pays.
Unless someone has a sim check from Delta in ATL they are not current and operating illegal.
The only sim left left was in Bourmouth in the UK and was damaged by fire November 2007 and not being repaired.
Sim checks can be accomplished on the aircraft, but this means no cargo and no pax during the check.
I doubt anyone has taken this expense.

I do think that there is a European operator that is running legit and pays his crews.
The rest buyer beware!

CS-TMX
13th May 2008, 01:44
You have LUZair from Portugal which will soon have a fleet of 3 L-1011 (currently only one active) and euroAtlantic airways also from Portugal.

mackey
13th May 2008, 08:41
Hi there,

Heard along the grapevine that the L1011 is back up and running, as a mate of mine is doing his MCC on it in June, so it seems like it has been fixed but don't quote me on that.

Give European a call, they are pretty helpful.

M.

Saturn
13th May 2008, 11:54
It burned up? I was trying to get some time in it about around that time just to fly the L1011 and never heard from them. Shame really. I figured someone might buy it and fix it 411A perhaps. It has to be cheap. The sim in MIA might be available as well.

Would anyone have good contact info on the GOOD operators? Post here or PM me.

Thanks and long live the Tristar, she is a beauty. My goal is to fly her before I or she dies!