PDA

View Full Version : Enough is Enough

John Barnes
14th Aug 2000, 08:15
Now this has gone too far and innocent people get seriously embarrassed, not only in this forum but also at home. I will make one write up and one only and will not be dragged into a smearing match. I am also not going to incriminate myself and being exposed to the slander and malicious lies of the likes like Gadiator. He has identified me in his list of flights he made in’93 so I have the right to put a few things straight. I have most of the time given the F/O the choice to fly into HKG. Some declined because it was not clear if this was against company policy. I keep a very accurate log and on the flight I made with F/O Vala Farouhi he operated the sector into HKG. This is all I will say about it but it makes it very clear that Farouhi has a problem with the truth. I also have some advise for his obvious opponents like Farside and Aerobridge. Don’t get dragged into mudslinging matches. You will hurt people. There are three types of persons you don’t argue with. Alcoholics , Manic Depressive’s, and Liars. Make your choice gentleman. Go and fly your plane and remember one thing Action is Reaction, and Gladiator lives in never never land if he believes that he can just hurt and ridicule a whole flying community here in Singapore.

Gladiator
14th Aug 2000, 11:26
Mr. Barnes, you are a newly registered with PPRuNe. If you speak the truth, give the date, and aircraft registration. If you are not able to produce these items, then you are a cheat.

Facts are I operated the sector into HKG only twice during my employment with SIA. Neither on the B-747.

The two sectors on the B747-400 are:

May 22, 1996 9V-SMF Duong HC (Vietnamese)
Jul 28, 1997 9V-SMK Quek BL (This was a line check, during which I asked to do IGS 13).

Mr. Barnes, with all due respect, I am afraid you have to produce more than just a new registration at PPRuNe.

Nice try.

If you challenge me be prepared to go all the way.

Some people are getting desperate. Stand up like a man and accept that Singapore Airlines vs. Gladiator legal postings are hard core reality and fact. I am sorry if it hurts your feelings and that your impression of SIA has been smeared.

Kaptin M
14th Aug 2000, 13:28
Well Glad, according to Capt Barnes, you have already I.D'ed him in your list of flights you published earlier..so now it's up to you to own up, be a man, and admit that you, just like the rest of us mere mortals, occasionally fvck up.

Somehow, I doubt that modesty is in your make-up...putting you in for a lot more hard falls in your career, as you bounce from wall to wall.

aerobridge
14th Aug 2000, 14:00
Hi John,

Message copied loud and clear. You forgot to include 2 more categories of people one shouldn't argue with: the ego-maniacs and the evil ones.
At the rate he is going, if Gladiator offends the wrong people it is him who is going to get hurt. Hopefully it is his wallet that gets hurt and not physically. You never know what people are capable of doing when they are victimised.
Identity known and yet playing a dangerous game. You would imagine a thinking person will NOT go to this extent.

Don't say I was the one who started it because all these while everybody else is fair game to the mighty Persian Princk. Like one of the regular contributors said very rightly, Gladiator cries foul when he was embarrassed but it is ok when he embarasses others.

John, you said you gave Gladiator a sector into HKG. If you can just post the date and flight number, I can go to the office to retrieve the details. I can send the official details to you or with your permission, I can post it here.

Regards
aerobridge.

Gladiator
14th Aug 2000, 20:28
You are forgetting that the list and the identified people lists the flights as P2 only.

However aerobridge we are getting somewhere slowly.

Attention Attention:

John Barnes is going to provide the date and flight number, and aerobridge is going to get the details from the office. (Why not have Farside do the same).

Your challenge is accepted. Does anyone want to put a wager on this.

We will have Danny (Capt. PPRuNe) act as escrow. Come on people, let us get serious and get to the end of this. Date and flight number. My log book is certified by SIA, I will send it by Federal Express to Danny. Any challengers out there.

It is time to put the money where the mouth is.

JJflyer
14th Aug 2000, 20:50
Wow... All sort's of BS...
I like to read about interesting things like girls, airplanes and hmmm.
This who flew with who and who said what to who 26.5 years ago is BORING... I say again BORING.
It is obvious that what ever you say, mr G has an answer ready and waiting.So why waste your time arguing with him?????

JJ

[This message has been edited by JJflyer (edited 14 August 2000).]

Farside
15th Aug 2000, 05:53
Thank you JJflyer , you are absolutely right it is boring! And John Barnes take my advice You are wasting your time!!

leGrand
15th Aug 2000, 17:33
Gladiator,
What if your logbook shows you're telling the truth and the records aerobribge got from SIA shows the opposite? Who should I then take as telling the truth? Your challenge has a verification problem.

Kaptin M
17th Aug 2000, 10:35
Correct le Grand, Gladiator entered his P1 sector as P2, believing that it was against SOP's for the f/o to fly the sector into HKG. So naturally his logbook would show him as pnf, and good naturedly, the captain would have counter-signed it, as such.

I think it's called falsifying your log book, Glad...an offence for which you could lose your licence.

Gladiator
17th Aug 2000, 10:36
Aya what if this-a what if that-a. Give it up, it does not exist.

JJflyer
17th Aug 2000, 15:00
Dork...

A Few Good Men
18th Aug 2000, 03:26
I have study every claim made by Gladiator like ANO, employee law in Singapore and many other. He is accurate in information so i trust Gladiator. Also farside and aerobridge if you bother to read Gladiator claim he is correct again about sia operation. If you are captain in sia then you know the truth. You are cheat.

Kaptin M
18th Aug 2000, 04:08
Glad, Farside is a teetotaller, however, like you his first language is not English. Have you stopped to think that perhaps others ask themselves the same question of you, when reading your posts!

Alfredo_Garcia, below are a few extracts from Gladiator,titan, and Goldwing, wrt Velvet Strokes;

Please find a boyfriend for alternate form of satisfaction

Always trying hard to suck me into an argument.
Your Profile: Professional chat room participant looking for something different.
Interests: Wants to get laid by a pilot.
Favorite movie: An Officer and a Gentleman
Marital status: Divorsed, can't get a date.
Physical profile: What do you think if it has to resort to the internet.

Have you gotten l**d yet?

Velvet puurr get a boyfriend.

My,aren't you the sensitive one Velvetstrokes. Asking you to get a boyfriend isn't abuse unless of course you're lesbian.

Personally, I find Velvet’s language quite restrained, her usage of English eloquent, but aptly suitable for the occasion, when warranted.

Goldwing2000
18th Aug 2000, 04:16
Tell that to Kaptin Bonzo and his merrymen. They still think that SIA is the best thing since slice bread.

--------------
If you do what you always do, you get what you always got.

Goldwing2000
18th Aug 2000, 04:40
Kaptin M, must have spent a sleepless night doing your bit of research. Trouble is, it means didly squat. You have to try to put it in context and not the odd phrases here or there. VS is far from being the whiter than white she appears to be. "Personally I find Velvet's language quite restrained......." Well you would wouldn't you? If she asked you to jump off the Telekom Tower you'll only be too happy to obliged. What's the old adage ' If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen'
Stop whingeing or heed the saying. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

----------------
Just because we don't get any complaints doesn't mean our parachutes are perfect.

tallyho92
18th Aug 2000, 08:43
I like that Goldwing2000, Kaptain Bonzo
and his merry bunch of witches, well at
least one witch (VS), who happens to think
she knows all there is to know about the
flying fratenity because she manage to
chock up a few airmiles (as a passenger), tantamount to a hypercondriac who thinks he is a doctor because of his whingeing and whining that he is sick.
Maybe she should devout a little more
energy in recovering the apparent thousands
she got screwed out off in the middle east
(why am I not surprise)instead of meddling in a subject and topic ,she clearly has no inkling about and NEVER WILL.

------------------
If you haven`t all the
things you want, be
grateful for the things
you don`t have, that
you would`t want

Kaptin M
18th Aug 2000, 10:25
I think the big difference between personalities such as Whiskery, Velvet Strokes, Farside, John Barnes, etc., and the likes of you Goldwhiner, Glad, titanic, and Co., is that the former have achieved something credible, and creditable in their lives.

You guys have achieved ZILCH, yet set yourselves up as authorities on ....WHAT?! You have all yet to get where you enviously look, but are not prepared to put in the hard yards. Possibly born with silver spoons in your mouths, you have taken them out, and rammed them firmly back into the rear ends of those who gave you the financial assistance [in the form of going guarantor for your bonds]. You are ungrateful ingrates - if your parents haven't already told you.

You are at an age where you should be showing some responsibilty...but are obviously late maturers!!

[This message has been edited by Kaptin M (edited 18 August 2000).]

Whiskery
18th Aug 2000, 13:16
tallyho92......Request ?

Can you please tell me what the last paragraph of your post means. You know, the.....

If you haven't all the things...etc,.

I am sure it has a very profound message or meaning to it but I am struggling to interpret.

Thankyou.

Goldwing2000
18th Aug 2000, 16:11
Next time you walk in the bathroom have a long hard look at yourself-acheived something credible,no. Try to be an authority on matters that are posted here but had little luck-yep! So before you lecture us and by the way, I'm no bond jumper spare a thought for your past predicaments.I take it as a compliment your statement about ungrateful ingrates. As everyone knows two negatives equals a big whole positive and therefore deep down you not only envy our stand but you feel your position is untenable and heading straight down in flames so stop your whining and whingeing cos it's really getting tiresome.

---------------
I don't need a frontal lobotomy I prefer a bottle infront of me!

Kaptin M
18th Aug 2000, 18:02
Goldie, I can look at myself in the mirror...I mightn't see exactly what I would hope to see, but I don't dislike what is in front of me, and hope [and try] to improve the image....which is more than you guys do.

I DON'T spend my life with my nose stuck in the rear view mirror [as you, Glad, and titan, obviously do], but look ahead, and TRY to plan accordingly.

To date it's worked fine...far in excess of my personal expectations.

nice_beaver
22nd Aug 2000, 14:49
Now your just all getting silly, how on earth in an anonymous forum can anyone say that A,B,C,D etc etc have 'achieved something credible and creditable in their lives' and then use that as an argument for how correct their views are.
All that can be gathered from the threads in this forum is that certain people dislike sia, and all it entails, whilst others seem to love it.
Those of you who know who you all are may well like to slap each other on the back but those of us who read this without knowing the people concerned wouldn't have a clue and i for one find some of your rantings and attacks purile and worthy only of the primary school yard!
Stick to the subject matter at hand.

titan
23rd Aug 2000, 05:39
KaptinM:
I am here, as you know from our long conversation in the chat room, because SIA are making me live my life looking backwards. SIA revel in the thought of putting my life on hold for 10 years, and that would be the case if it wasn't for the action for damages I have bought against them. This claim amounts to around 15 times what SIA are claiming. That is what drives me on now. All I ask is to let the Courts make the decision as whether SIA is a fair, reasonable and safe airline. Surely you agree that this is the only fair way to settle the dispute?
No doubt SIA are hard at work trying to intimidate the remaining pilots to settle. Why, because they fear the word "Precedence". It is a nasty word that is the basis of all civil law.

Flap 5
27th Aug 2000, 10:22
What a load of purile nonsense. But I would uphold your rights for you all to make yourselves look like complete pratts!

titan
28th Aug 2000, 06:20
Flap5:
How can we possibly have a conversation with someone so incredibly clever that he makes up his own words? But we are willing to try if you help us. So please begin by defining the words "purile" and "pratt".

I am awed by your greatness.

CaptChaos
30th Aug 2000, 12:17
You guys are a bunch of school boys and do not belong anywhere near an aircraft

Whiskery
30th Aug 2000, 14:36
tits,

puerile - boyish,childish;suitable only for children,trivial.

pratt - one who speaks prattle.

prattle - talk in childish or artless fashion,childlike chatter;inconsequential talk.

If I can be of any further assistance to you in your quest to master the English language,.......don't hesitate to ask.

Keep the faith :]

Goldwing2000
30th Aug 2000, 20:50
Whiskery,
Thanks for the English lesson. I know Titan wasn't expecting any favours from you however, I am sure he was remarking how someone who could not spell the words could possibly understand their meaning as he was ranting and raving about nothing.
If I can be of further assistance please drop us a line anytime. :)

-----------------
I don't need a frontal lobotomy I prefer a bottle infront of me!