PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Flight training/apartments.

ŽOS
10th May 2008, 19:32
Hi Guys!

My plan is to take the Pro Pilot course from FLY OFT next October/december. I was thinking is there anyone here that know about any apartments near the school? The reason i ask,i will take my spouse and our son with me, so i cant stay in the apartments that the school have.
Do you know about any apartments, and do you know how it is to have a little child in Kissimmee? is it a good place to raice a newborn? :)

Kind Regards,
ŽOS

Kyriakos
11th May 2008, 03:12
Hey there, i guess we ll be classmates.
Starting OFT Oct. 6.
I ve scheduled a visit in 2 weeks. I already requested accomondation though.
Keep in touch!

ruslan124
12th May 2008, 15:03
I live in St Cloud which is in the same area so I might be able to give you some pointers. Are you planning to have a car?

Kissimmee is not the nicest place around but its not too bad either. It lives of the tourist industry. there are numerous beautiful park areas and teh historic downtown section is small but pleasant. There are however like most places some dodgy areas as well. If you have a car then there are numerous choices for you. A good starting point would be to check out www.realtor.com and check out apartments for rent. Many of the apartment blocks offer move in specials that can result in significant discounts.

Raising a newborn in the area is fine because you do not have to worry about schools. I have no doubt that you will hear lots of comments about crime in the area but it will not be anywhere near as bad as it sounds. Once you locate an apartment do a bit of internet research to make sure you avoid teh high crime areas.

spearomic
13th May 2008, 07:45
My brother in law is at OFT now, and he just moved from the OFT students appartments. Don't go there, it is expensive and not very nice, plus it is not that close from the school at all. Now he rents a house near by with a few friends, it is much better !

ŽOS
14th May 2008, 20:50
Thank you for the replays guys, true i have heard some bad things about Kissimmee, but i have also heard a lot of good things ;) however i will join OFT next October. I have been checking out Venetian Bay villages... doe's anyone know about that place?
This apartment that you are talking about guys, are they rent out with or without furnitures (hope you understand my English ;))

Again, thanks for the info guys :)

Prophead
16th May 2008, 07:34
Why not rent a holiday villa.

If you can get a few others it might be the cheapest way.

We have just rented a vill that sleeps 10, with own pool games room etc for about £60 a night. (Per villa not per person).

Check out www.vrbo.com

321abc
19th Jul 2008, 22:43
Just got back from studying at OFT, from what i gathered, they have two sets of apartments, Kissimmee Pines, and Venetitan Bay villiages.

I stayed in venetian bay, which was very nice! basically a house rented out to the OFT students, 4 bedrooms. The 'village' itself is very nice, 4 pools and security patroling. The other is Kissimmee Pines, which i never saw, but from what i hear, it was a dump!! Ants, cockroaches and dirt.

There is plently of other hotels, motels and apartments around the area which you could consider - Baymont Inns, which is 50dollers per room per night, and others around.