PDA

View Full Version : Vincent Aviation to expand with Boeing

S.E.A.L.11
10th May 2008, 07:55
I found out today that Vincent Aviation are in the process of buying outright a B737-200Adv from the US. Peter Vincent is apparently going to look at ex-Delta machines.

The Adv (or advanced) series of 732's is basically the 733 cockpit on the older fuselage.

They have also apparently bought two ex-Origin Jetstream 32's that are currently in Nelson. And to top it off, with this they are taking over the Air National Hangar at Wellington, as they are consolodating operations at Auckland.

Looks like Vincent will be running more ANZ Link services maybe?
Good times! :ok:

TinDriver
10th May 2008, 18:03
Pretty big call for a 1st time post.........

Where did that nonsense come from? My sources said same thing, but not 732's, more likely 2 ex Oasis 744's....But then again, it is only a rumour network:ok:

Pigs will fly before that happens.

Got the horn
10th May 2008, 20:03
I've heard the same thing (from sources within Vincent). Apparently another Dash-8 too but for the Darwin operation.

ravan
10th May 2008, 20:14
Hello tindriver :ok:
Interesting times ahead eh?

TinDriver
10th May 2008, 20:51
Hiya Ravan old mate,

Yeh, all interesting times, but I think this one is pie in the sky. Personally, a couple of 787 Dreamliners would be better:ok:

How goes it in your neck of the woods? I heard Miss J in the stump (TWR) is no longer a Miss:D Shall catch you on Skype later perhaps; G'day to Mrs Ravan:)

c100driver
10th May 2008, 20:52
The Adv (or advanced) series of 732's is basically the 733 cockpit on the older fuselage.

Bollox

ADV means that the aircraft has the advanced wing which is a different profile to the Basic wing (NACs first aircraft were basics and ZK-NAM was the first aircraft with the ADV wing). The Air NZ 219 series B732 aircraft NAT thru NAY were the last block of 200 aircraft built.

ZK-NQC is a B737-219QC ADV

Unless the aircraft have hush kits they will not meet NZ noise rules and cannot be entered on the register.
Unless they have dual ADC they cannot meet RVSM in NZ AUS FIR so will not be allowed above FL290 on a regular basis.
Unless they have dual GPS they cannot meet RNP for flying the pond.

tail wheel
10th May 2008, 21:47
In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, or sciolists*, to elicit certain reactions.
*"sciolist"... Noun, archaic. "a person who pretends to be knowledgeable and well informed".

Steve Zissou
10th May 2008, 22:30
I'm not one to gossip but ... I work at Moa Point sewerage plant with a friend of someone who knows someone who's a cleaner at Wellington airport who said she'd heard from her cousin that Vincent were getting two of the ex Air France Concordes to operate a new service to Invercargill. Apparently the Q300's are just a little bit slow :ugh:

TinDriver
10th May 2008, 22:46
Steve Zissou,

Mate, please stay away, or at least get your facts straight.....that's straight outa Moa Point that info buddy. It's 2 ex British Airways machines they are getting; G- BOAC and G-BOAG.

It is also not doing Invercargill, my info is Woodbourne.:ok:

TinDriver
10th May 2008, 23:16
LOL.............

Touche.

Air Ace
11th May 2008, 01:54
Whoop, whoop ........ Wind up alert!!! :D

"sciolist" - must remember that word! :ok:

:}

cjam
11th May 2008, 03:19
"Unless they have dual GPS they cannot meet RNP for flying the pond. "
Bollocks.

zkvac
13th May 2008, 06:30
VA has also today placed an order for 50 new 737-800's....:rolleyes:

Skystar320
13th May 2008, 06:37
I know Matt's Daughter........ does that count

Blonde, attractive, single, slim, 19year old - comes with big conhooners

mattathm
13th May 2008, 06:57
matt who.. please send pics of daughter.;)

Stationair8
13th May 2008, 07:30
Peter Vincent is wheeler and dealer, and if their is a quid in it for him he will go and buy a B737. Just look at when he started up in Darwin, some of our ace local operators including High altitude were going to run him out of town or send him broke, but I noticed the other day he is still in Darwin.

mattathm
13th May 2008, 07:34
high altitude? never heard of em, cant be to "ACE" if hes still there...
he is there in force and in NZ, he has 6 B1900's a Dash8, 1 conquest, and 2 reims 406's and a 402 !!!!

i dont think he will be leaving anytime soon....:rolleyes:

zkvac
13th May 2008, 07:35
I think you'd call it more than 'Still there'...
VA's growing all the time sunshine...

Stationair8
13th May 2008, 07:44
Children, as I said Peter Vincent is a wheeler and dealer and if he can make a quid with an aeroplane he will go an operate it.
He has been in the business for a long time and is backed up with some very experienced people.
He certainly upset a few operators in Darwin when he started up operations, including Stefan "High Altitude" from Northern Air Charter etc.

mattyj
13th May 2008, 07:44
..thats Matts wife you're thinking of..she says thanks for saying shes 19:}

TinDriver
13th May 2008, 07:51
U mean....she is'nt?

Can't believe she lied to me:{

mattathm
13th May 2008, 07:54
baahahaa...
and no ones fu%ked over pete vincent ever?
1, herron full of corrosion
2, Origin pacific, 100K high and dry....
to name a couple

all's fair in love and war,

You do what you have to do in Bussiness to stay alive in this cut throat market.
And if it means getting some more aircraft to lap up an opertunity for bussiness then so be it!

EMB120ER
13th May 2008, 09:18
At least they would be doing well in Darwin if they could find/keep a Chief Pilot.

Meatloaf needs to change the title of that song "1 out of 4 ain't bad"

VA holds the record for the shortest time on the Centre run before they pulled out!

Upwards and Onwards, boys

mattathm
13th May 2008, 09:21
yeah its pretty hard to find guys out there that know what they are doing.

Chief Pilot there has his head screwed on
same with the wellys one, ehheheheeee
good crew!

White Dingo
13th May 2008, 20:46
EMB120R - Current CP been there almost 2 years.....seems to be doing a s..t hot job..............................

Steve Zissou
13th May 2008, 23:24
So what are we saying here? Pete shouldn't go into business somewhere if there's a chance he may offend those already set up in the market? Must have missed that one in Economics 101 - although to be fair there wasn't a lot I paid attention to, which is why I'm now selling used chewing gum in Manners Mall...:zzz:

distracted cockroach
15th May 2008, 02:57
As has been said, PV has been around a while and has a wealth of aviation experience. Sure he has been through good and bad times, but he's still around, which is more than can be said for many.
Not sure who the CP is at the moment (is it the ex sandpit guy?) If so, he is an enthusiast who has a lot of experience and a proven work ethic. Just the sort of chap that more GA operators could use.
Well done Pete, and if a 737 is on the cards, then good for you. Hope it works out well for ya:ok:

fastcharlie
16th May 2008, 10:30
Airwork has very successfully run the ex-Air NZ 737-200 NQC for many years, and what a great machine. It now has an upcoming C7 check, which will provide NZ post with mnay years of profitable flying.:ok:

I hope Pete buys a few and we see them roaring round the NZ skies again:O

tinpis
20th May 2008, 00:56
fastcharlie do you know if they managed to drag Tony C*****n out of the F@kker and on to the Boeing?

Skystar320
20th May 2008, 01:25
quite easy - he walked out of the cockpit of the fokker, accross the tarmac and into the boeing

Presto!

Got the horn
20th May 2008, 02:05
Tony C*****n left Airwork about a year ago. Interesting chap.......

tinpis
20th May 2008, 02:31
got the horn ta, I guess sitting between a couple of Darts for 30 odd years would do it? :uhoh:

Cycling Fish
26th Jul 2008, 04:49
Seems the B737 idea has now been shelved, with the reason stated that fuel is too expensive, and the Dash-8 purchase has also fallen through.

Steve Zissou
26th Jul 2008, 06:23
You obviously have inside knowledge Cylcing Sardine...

mattathm
26th Jul 2008, 07:13
who gives a fricken crap what they are doing

you could sit here all night and post rumours about vincent aviations thoughts and paths, but that would be a waste of time, similar to logging on to pprune and reading all the crap that gets written on here by people with toooo much knowledge on everything and way to much time on their hands.

go do something constructive with your time
all of you

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa FW's!

TinDriver
26th Jul 2008, 07:46
Hey Zissou,

Long time no see :8...........Bout time u got a haircut, u lout!

Cyclical fush; me bet u 10 pesos ur all talk! Bet on AYe? Last I heard, from a reliable source (the refueller) was that Pete was looking at the new Bombardier jet.......3 of them:ok:

Steve Zissou
26th Jul 2008, 23:22
I'm growing it out. This Mattathm guy seems really angry about something :uhoh:

mattyj
27th Jul 2008, 03:21
Rumour has it that he has just been kicked out of the Pitts Special owners group for bad language:mad::mad:

TinDriver
27th Jul 2008, 06:40
Bad language?

Surely, you jest me MattyJ. I've never heard a %$#^ing swear word, ever, from that Mattathm bloke. :}

Richard C. Normous
27th Jul 2008, 22:50
Personally I do give a crap what they are doing! I love to hear the goss on what cunning plans are afoot :-)

Dick

who gives a fricken crap what they are doing