PDA

View Full Version : Final Part. SIA vs the Gladiator or "How this saga really started"

Farside
3rd Aug 2000, 16:52
Final Part: SIA v the Gladiator.
How this saga really started.

Part 1
For a long time now, we have been entertained with a rather one-sided story from the Gladiator, regarding his on-line experiences with Singapore Airlines. As with all stories, there is always more than one point of view, and especially with this story, some very important elements have been selectively forgotten by the Gladiator.

The Facts: In 1990, the Gladiator was a young pilot, with no heavy jet experience, with perhaps a total time of 2700 hrs, and dreaming about the big jets. And like so many of his peers, it was almost impossible for him to make the jump from probably corporate flying to the flag carriers.
Enter Singapore Airlines. Now, here we have an airline, looking for pilots with similar experience to the Gladiator, willing to invest in them, and train them directly onto the B747. Quite an opportunity under the circumstances, and since no other airline had offered the Gladiator a B747 rating, also the opportunity of a lifetime. Gladiator goes for the interview.

The Offer: SIA, like any other company, will always try to protect their investment, and a B747 rating is a considerable investment. The agreement was that SIA would employ the Gladiator, train him, and pay a salary. In return, the Gladiator would agree to work for SIA for a minimum of 7 years after being checked-out on the B747. A hefty financial penalty would have to be paid by the Gladiator if this agreement was broken. The Gladiator was not forced to accept this agreement. He was offered this agreement. Nobody held a gun to his head. It was quite simple. He wanted the job, and so he signed. End of story.

Part 2
After a few years flying the B747 classic, the Gladiator was offered an upgrade to the B747-400. Again, there was a hefty financial penalty if the Gladiator decided to leave before finishing his new contract. But again, the Gladiator wanted the upgrade, and so he signed. End of story.

Part 3
In the meantime, the job situation in Europe and the USA had been changing, with more opportunities for pilots of the Gladiator’s experience and flying hours. The Gladiator now realized that due to some serious heavy jet time in his log book, he is now very employable in the USA. The Gladiator wants to leave SIA, but he is still bonded under the contract that he himself wanted to sign.

Part 4
The Gladiator now has basically 3 options: A) Pay the bond and leave SIA. B) Try to negotiate a better financial deal with SIA, and leave. Both of which are the right thing to do, and have in fact been done by a number of other pilots who chose to leave SIA during their contract. However, the Gladiator chose another path, option C).

Option C): Now, option C) is an interesting one, since the Gladiator suddenly realized, (after 6 years of flying with SIA), that flying for SIA was in fact “a very dangerous thing to do”. (The Gladiator’s words). With a sudden flash of insight, the Gladiator now decided that the airline was actually breaking many rules and regulations, and that many crews were operating in an unsafe way. (Again, the Gladiator’s words). And this is where I make my point about selective memory. To defend himself in court, and to deflect attention away from the fact that he had broken his bond with SIA, the Gladiator tried to make arguments about the airline’s operation and safety. But let’s not forget the facts. The Gladiator was in court because he had left SIA without paying his bond. Nothing to do with the airline’s operations. The Gladiator broke his bond. And he wanted to get away with it. With a total lack of integrity, the Gladiator was even willing to deliberately lie and damage the reputations of many of his ex-colleagues, just so that he could get away with breaking his bond. These are the facts.

We are confronted with many rambling messages from the Gladiator, where he repeatedly reminds us that “he is our enemy, because he speaks the truth”. The Gladiator is not speaking the truth, and he is not our enemy, but he has certainly made a lot of enemies. Most of us in SIA are hard working professionals, satisfied with our jobs, and our lives in Singapore. We definitely don’t appreciate this constant flow of garbage and tabloid stories, such as the “nose dive”, which we all know is fabricated nonsense.

What is actually dangerous with all these stories is that in the long run, even these tabloid stories start to stick, and could eventually damage the reputations of a bunch of good pilots.

And last but not least Gladiator. I do not have your identity confused. I do know who you are,as P1 into HKG and I can still remember you standing up in a B747 classic fleet meeting, trying to score brownie points with MdeV, telling him that the poor company taxi drivers always wanted to put a few extra dollars on the taxi voucher. You stated that you would never sign such a voucher, you would only sign for what was on the meter. However, little did we know then, that your signature is not worth the paper it is written on. You were embarrassing at the meeting, but you are even more embarrassing now.

End of story.

I'd rather
3rd Aug 2000, 17:23
Farside: so far, so informative.

I have just one question: you say that Gladiator had to do a minimum of 7 years with SIA. You say that he had been with them for 6 when he decided to make the move. I'm confused about one thing: surely any sane person would decide to wait out another year, rather than have the hassle of all the legal proceedings (and, of course, the risk of losing and having to pay them a huge amount of money)?

Farside
3rd Aug 2000, 17:47
I beleive that the signing of the new rating on the 400 meant that he had to commit himself for another three years after his first bond finished.

Gladiator
3rd Aug 2000, 23:48
Farside please let me know about the P1 into Hong Kong. I have been waiting for the date and aircraft number. If you cannot produce, then you are full of of chili.

The real embarrassment at fleet meetings were the subjects with the most attention. Uplift of instant noodles.

If you were as smart as you claim to be you would know:

1) That I was employed as an airline pilot previous to SIA. The size of the jet is not relevant.

2) In USA, unlike Europe and Asia a rating on a foreign license is of no value.

3) I went back to my previous employer.

4) In USA, right seat experience is of very little value. 500 hrs of left seat turbo prop time has more value for employment with a major airline than 5000 hrs of right seat time in a B747-400.

5) SIA had your option B) offered to them. SIA was stupid enough to want to go to court, now you are crying because SIA got a bloody nose and a black eye.

The legal posts are word for word as filed in court. They are facts with evidence. If you have facts filed in court different than what I post, then let us know.

I am very keen to hear about the P1 in Hong Kong. Your credibility is questionable. Or may be you are afraid that I might find out that you are one of the "not suppose to go to the bunk Captains, or the code of silence First Officers".

You represent SIA and you are sour grapes. Soon I will be sending a letter to SIA Chairman so he can review the financial matters in regards to Singapore Airlines vs. Gladiator.

If you challenge me be prepared to go all the way.

In closing, as before, please note the following paragraph:

Singapore employment law
CAP 122, page 37

11. Termination of contract without notice

(2) Either party to a contract of service may terminate such contract of service without notice in the event of any wilful breach by the other party of a condition of the contract of service.

You suffer from the same weakness as Lee Kwan Yew, your weakness is "information".

It is going to get better, wait until I publish the book. You see I love this stuff, specially when it turns a profit. If you are concerned about your reputation, the book rights are for sale. USD 1,500,000 will buy you the rights. I would have to pay USD 500,000 to get out of the publishing contract.

May be you want to pass this to M DeVz, after all, to further your career, you are the one that is going to need brownie points. Where I work we further our career by date of hire and seniority.

A Few Good Men
4th Aug 2000, 02:52
Yes we are waiting to hear about HKG farside.

titan
4th Aug 2000, 06:37
Farside:
After spending a lifetime doing as you are tolled and cowering to authority, I can understand your pain to see someone like Gladiator take on the Giant and win. That YOUR giant is not infallible must shake the very core of your beliefs. You did as you were commanded all these years because you sincerely believed that SIA was always right.
Take heart, for you are not the first Singapore pilot to look over this precipice and be giddied. This sun will rise tomorrow and you will eventually become a better and more capable person because of it.
And lastly......... welcome to the real world!

Farside
4th Aug 2000, 09:36
AhA I must have hit a nerve, the Gladiator is getting excited.I am not surprised but Gladiator, as usual missed the point completely. Let me therefor for the last time repeat two paragraph's of my previous listing

A)The Gladiator broke his bond. And he wanted to get away with it. With a total lack of integrity, the Gladiator was even willing to deliberately lie and damage the reputations of many of his ex-colleagues, just so that he could get away with breaking his bond. These are the facts.

B)We are confronted with many rambling messages from the Gladiator, where he repeatedly reminds us that “he is our enemy, because he speaks the truth”. The Gladiator is not speaking the truth, and he is not our enemy, but he has certainly made a lot of enemies. Most of us in SIA are hard working professionals, satisfied with our jobs, and our lives in Singapore. We definitely don’t appreciate this constant flow of garbage and tabloid stories, such as the “nose dive”, which we all know is fabricated nonsense.

So Gladiator this is the END OF THE STORY on my part. We know that your signature is useless, and that you like to make up stories like "the nose dive" so why should we believe you. You and I and a scared F/E know what we talk about in HKG , but that is not important and defenitely not the point here. As I said before, get a life, write a book so we can all have a good laugh when we pick it up in the Borders $1 dollar special tray!

Whiskery
4th Aug 2000, 09:58
Hey Gladys,

Speaking of facts, I hope your mates storyman,sia sniffer, et al have smartened up their contributions to your book or you will have to sell over a million copies just to cover the litigation you can expect after circulation.

Gladiator
4th Aug 2000, 10:19
Hit a nerve? No, all discussions are welcome.

But Farside you continue to show the signs of sour grapes. You claim I make up stories.

Where is your story of Hong Kong along with a scared F/E? Your credibility hangs on this matter. I produced log book entries of all the flight into Hong Kong in 1993, as claimed by you. Where is your production of documents.

You act just like SIA did in court. All smoke and no fire. Disregard all the rules but stick to 'SIA is always right'.

Unless you produce your story of Hong Kong, you are just another Whiskery or Kaptin M, you are here only to discredit me.

However, Singapore employment laws along with court documents are permanent records and here to stay.

Dear Johnny (Whiskery), litigation, I hope so. More litigation means more money in my pockets. Your $1 will be appreciated. Have a good laugh with it (remember you lost $100 over a bet you made with me. You bet Farside had a credible story, he does not).

VelvetStrokes
4th Aug 2000, 15:39
Gladys you do make up stories - even I can spot the more obvious errors. No, don't tell me I've nothing to do with SIA or Singapore, therefore, am not supposed to comment.

Just for the record I had 4 very good flights with SIA in the past few weeks.

Farside - if you are able pass my compliments on to the Captain and Crew of SQ322 Singapore / LHR 23.30 on 3 Aug. Despite considerable turbulence it was a relatively smooth ride. Also the cabin staff were very good, making a long flight less tiring than it could have been.

Thanks also for a more balanced, erudite and concise telling of this episode in the life and times of a rather sad pilot

Kaptin M
4th Aug 2000, 17:47
Well guys, and Ladies [Hi Velvet :)], having been away for almost a week, it IS interesting to come back to FEF, and see the same 5hit re-appearing.

Farside, is no representative of SQ, persay, Glad and titan - of that I can assure you. I've seen him sticking it to them "hammer and tongs"...but, he is fair - very blunt, but fair!! Oh, and btw, Glad, he DOES have an exceptional memory for names and events. But being only human [at times] he may have erred on the Hong Kong incident [then again, maybe he didn't], which I note, is the ONLY point you have disputed, Glad.

Anyway, farside, whiskery, VS, onandon, et al, it seems we really are wasting our time with Glad [I feel a little more hope for titan], as he/she seems unable to come to terms with his/her failings!

BTW, farside, keep the chinstrap tight, and the peg above ground level.

aerobridge
4th Aug 2000, 21:43
I am more of a reader than a contributor here. I hope not to be dragged into any form of flaming. I will just like to tell a story about Gladiator making a bet.

Gladiator challenged a mate of his who is still in SIA to a game of Raquetball. The bet was something like a thousand dollars. Galdiator lost but refused to pay up, saying it was just a friendly bet.

Gladiator, Z is still waiting for the money. It has been many years. Do you think he can get paid after you made millions from your book?

Gladiator
5th Aug 2000, 00:22
aerobridge, rubbish.

Rockhound
5th Aug 2000, 01:19
Pardon my ignorance but what exactly is a "P1 into Hong Kong"??
Rockhound

Kaptin M
5th Aug 2000, 03:19
P1 is the designator used by SQ for the pilot flying [PF]ie., the manipulating pilot, as opposed to P2, or the pilot not flying [PNF]. The pilot flying may be the Captain, or the First Officer.

In this scenario, it was F/O Gladiator who flew the sector from SIN-HKG, whilst the Captain Farside, carried out support duties eg. the radio calls, flap and gear extension/retraction, filling in the flight plan, etc. However, the Captain always remains in charge of the aircraft, and can take control at any time he deems necessary......

.....which sounds as though may have been the case, on Glad's botched approach and landing into Hong Kong.

Whiskery
5th Aug 2000, 04:53
Dear Vala,(Gladys)

You are a confused man. I did not mention anything about $1 books. I was just saying to you that all the "fictional" airline books and movies have been done. If your book content is the same as your posts about SQ (legal court proceedings excluded) then you will have plenty litigation, habibi.

Oh and your $100 is already spent,shukran. Remember you gave me permission to buy the 727 crew drinks on you. Well the 727 crew didn't know you but the 747 crew DID, so I let them spend the rest of the $100. O.K.?

Masalama

Johnny.

[This message has been edited by Whiskery (edited 05 August 2000).]

Farside
5th Aug 2000, 07:44
Gladiator. It would appear that your rather selective memory is at work again. You have obviously chosen to forget your P1 Performance in Hong Kong. Something a true professional would never forget. Anybody can make a mistake, but every true professional would try to learn from it, to ensure that it never happened again. This is obviously not the case with you. The only reason that I brought up this matter is because you seem to think that you are in a position to criticize and ridicule the performance of your ex-colleagues, when in fact your own performance has been below standard.

By now choosing to debate your P1 Performance in Hong Kong, you are again trying to divert attention away from the fact that you are willing to lie to incriminate many ex-colleagues, who happened to be my friends , for personal gain.

Even if you cannot admit this to others, at least have the guts to admit it to yourself.

aerobridge
5th Aug 2000, 08:42
Gladiator, you have selective Amnesia. It could be wrong identity. Unless your initials are not V.F. and you are not of a Middle Eastern descent, Z must have told me wrongly. My apologies if I have mistaken you for someone else.

Gladiator
5th Aug 2000, 11:49
Farside, here are the facts. You make claim to a botched approach into Hong Kong by me in 1993.

I have never had a P1 sector into HKG in 1993. Be a man and prove me wrong. So far you have made a claim. It is easy to support your claim, provide the date and aircraft number.

The truth is you rolled the dice hoping I may have had a botched appoach into HKG. Now you are caught. I presented dates and aircraft numbers as they appear in my log book. It is now your turn.

Let us say I did botch the approach in HKG. That only reflects on the quality of SIA pilots and the training provided.

If you want to BS, at least be smart about it.

Come on Farside, I challenge you to tell details of this approach. Come on be a man. I challenge you. Do not be a hawker center mouse. Stand up and defend your claim.

Johnny, where I come from we do not speak Arabic.

Aerobridge it can happen to anyone, no need to apologize.

Gladiator
5th Aug 2000, 11:56
Given the choice, how many SIA First Officers would on a Line Check volunteer to do the SIN-HKG sector to runway 13.

Any challengers for this question?

Farside
5th Aug 2000, 12:10
By now choosing to debate your P1 Performance in Hong Kong, you are again trying to divert attention away from the fact that you are willing to lie to incriminate many ex-colleagues, who happened to be my friends , for personal gain.

Even if you cannot admit this to others, at least have the guts to admit it to yourself.

You even deny your own identity,Aerobridge made a small mistake it's Farsi, but for the rest he got it right.
End of Story!

titan
5th Aug 2000, 12:40
I flew the HKG13 approach 3 times but please don't squeal on me! You see the expat captains took a look at you and decided if you could fly. They then went against SIA company policy and allowed the FO to do the Rwy13 approach. I couldn't help but smile a little when I listened to the local captains tell us how we weren't good enough to fly the approach, even with a 1000 hours of low level mustering. So I would bow my head graciously and say "O-I-C Captain Sir, and thankyou for your insight".
Upto 1995 SIA had 11 pod scrapes into HongKong Rwy13!!!!!!!!!

aerobridge
5th Aug 2000, 15:11
Hahahha.... Gladiator, you are so THICK even sarcasm can't get to your brain.

'nuff said.

titan
5th Aug 2000, 18:04
I forgot to mention, SIA also holds the record at HongKong for being the only airline to record a double pod scrape on the same aircraft on the same approach.
Now THAT is something to live up to!

Valhalla 4
5th Aug 2000, 18:33
I've been an interested sideliner for some time and I have noiticed how Gladiator is a master at the Dance of the 7 veils. He never answers the important questions and thinks noone else notice.
We notice you Gladiator.
Seem like your magic carpet shrank from a big 747 to a little corporate size plane, like your bank balance.
Hey how about paying Z the 1,000 you bet him!!
VF.

Gladiator
5th Aug 2000, 20:00
I see what is happening. Attack to create a p1ssing match.

Farside there was no approach. That is why you cannot produce the details.

You people go ahead and have your fun.

titan
6th Aug 2000, 03:43
Valhalla "I've been an interested sideliner for some time"
Either you said that with tongue-in-cheek, or you are not very bright.

Seems like the new game in town is to attack Gladiator personally. I have noticed that once we know who the other is there is a level of mutual respect that settles on the postings. It is the ones that hide behind an obscure handle then dissappear when it gets too close to home that are the deragatory ones; the cowards.

I have a large German Shepard dog. As an individual he is kind and harmless, but if he were allowed to run in a pack I know he would become a killer. Its sad that as humans we haven't evolved past this level.

Valhalla 4
6th Aug 2000, 05:40
Let me get this right titan. Evryone else is fare game for you and the Persian Prince but when it comes to either of you two being on the receiving end its foul ball.

Thats' it in a nutshell right!

Whiskery
6th Aug 2000, 07:48
Go to the top of the class Vahalla4.

That's exactly the way I have read it for the past 6 months!

aerobridge
6th Aug 2000, 08:59
Valhalla4, you are absolutely right. Just look at the profiles of those two. Read the occupation line. They are not only pilots but they tell you how many types of aeroplanes they fly and what licences they hold. Some MIGHTY EGO. Any psychologist worth his salt will let you into some nasty insights regarding their behaviour.They want RECOGNITION and they want to WIN at all cost.

Just my observations.

Truth Seekers Int'nl
6th Aug 2000, 09:28
I liked your speel in Jet blast Whiskers!!

titan
6th Aug 2000, 10:46
To those of you who lack the ability to think deeper than what is presented before you, let me try putting it simpler for you.

Attacking the man rather than the argument achieves nothing. It starts with one and spirals into a feeding frenzy, each egging the other on to see who can outdo the other; kind of like pubescent boys consumed by testosterone. Eventually all reason is lost and all that remains is that side of your character that shames you most.

Running parrallel to this are the postings by some who intentionally lie. I'm not talking here about opinions or partial-fact stories that are posted to illicit comment, but those that are pre-meditated actions of deceit.
We have all been guilty of letting it run away with us, however most of us have also been able to use a self-check and bring our postings back into the correct format.

As I have said so many times before, I know why I am here in this forum, and it is not for entertainment.

Enough saud for now. Tomorrow is a big day, and hopefully I may never have to waste my time here again.

Kaptin M
6th Aug 2000, 11:51
Titan, I agree completely with your sentiment, however, Whiskery, Velvet Strokes, I, and a few others have come under fire, with bullets of the personal kind - perhaps it's an indication of how involved we have all become in the Far East Forum, and especially the Singapore aspect. And so Valhalla4 has, quote, "summed it up in a nutshell."

I guess when one or more individuals have been privvy to an event, there is always more than one story to tell, however, each considers his own to be the correct version [and therefore the others are fabricated, or embellished].

Let's all know how things go after tomorrow, but I sure as hell hope you haven't helped Glad finance his book....I can't see it being a topseller...if you ever live long enough to see it released publically, because you can bet your gonads SQ will have it tied up in the legal arena for yonks, if it even half looks like upsetting them.

VelvetStrokes
6th Aug 2000, 16:11
Yup, Valhalla4 has it correctly and aptly summed up.

As Kaptin M says, we have been the object of some particularly nasty personal remarks from this bunch. Gladys in particular, seems to think that puerile insults pass for wit; and that if he is objectionable enough, we'll all go away.

I also agree with Kaptin M regarding the personal involvement in the Far East Forum.

However, I for one will continue to post if I feel I have something to say, and will continue to ignore the personal bullets. Would be nice though Titan if your advice were taken by you, Gladys and others.

Goldwing2000
6th Aug 2000, 18:17
We have all been without exception guilty of personal attacks in one form or another to the members on this Far East forum. As Vs said she will not stop posting on this fine website which has brought people together for serious discussions or many a times a good laugh and chuckle and I for one certainly echo her sentiments. If we can all accept,and that is where it all starts to go pear-shape, that there are always two differing opinions,and that you might be right some of the time but not all of the time then this forum will have served it's purpose.
Farside has in the last few posts consistently deflected the details that he's been lambasting Gladiator for, and we're no closer to the truth. We're all very eager to see the outcome of this particular saga and as Gladys has already laid down his flights into HKG and Farside has flatly rebutted them,then it's up to him to get his log book out and show us his flights which I suspect he won't do as his facts are plain and simply wrong! In any case we're all still waiting so pull your finger out and put your money where your mouth's at. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

---------------
I don't need a frontal lobotomy I prefer a bottle infront of me! :)

Whiskery
7th Aug 2000, 06:37
Goldwing - can you please explain to me how this declaration of log book entries proves anything. I can run you off a series of flights into HKG when I was with SQ and how do you determine they are bona fide?

Vala - you say they don't speak arabic where you come from. I met a very pleasant Iranian Captain in Doha many moons ago and he would tell the British cabin crew he was Persian and not Arabic. Why is this? Persia no longer exists, is there some stigma attached coming from Iraq and/or Iran? This was not an isolated case.There was a British stewardess showing us photos of her boyfriend(obviously of arabic descent,but you were never too sure)on the LHR flight one night. I politely asked if he was arabic and she replied "Not likely, he's Persian".

Singapore Girl
7th Aug 2000, 06:38
Farside: we are still waiting for details on the Gladiator's botched approach. Should I hold my breath any longer?

Gladiator
7th Aug 2000, 10:23
The Persian Prince! How did you know
that the word 'Vala' is used before addressing royalty.

Yes the technical points used in Singapore Airlines vs. Gladiator, none of the SIA Sakka team including SIA lawyers are/were able to argue the points and facts. Farside also falls in the same category.

Singapore girl please do not hold your breath as there was no botched approach into Hong Kong. I only saw one botched approach, it was by the Singaporean Captain that got beaten up in a San Francisco bar. IGS 13, went over the control tower.

BTW Singapore Girl did you make those observations in the cockpit as discussed previously?

And aerobridge, I had a phone call from Singapore last night. ZA is not very happy with you for using his initials and speaking on his behalf. You may want to ask his permission next time as he does not share your view.

VelvetStrokes
8th Aug 2000, 04:57
Perhaps Gladys you could ask ZA to comment in here himself, instead of allowing you to do so. You do not have a very good reputation for truthfulness, so I would doubt anything you said, even if it came attached to an affidavit signed in blood.

Now why does it not surprise me that you only saw a botched approach by a Singaporean Captain, and the nice little twist at the end about his being beaten up - classic Gladys malice.

Whiskery when I was in Doha, to be Persian gave a nice touch of romantic mistique. Also, made them a touch above the local Gulf Arabs.

[This message has been edited by VelvetStrokes (edited 08 August 2000).]

aerobridge
8th Aug 2000, 12:41
Gladiator, so the Raquetball bet was true then. Must you add another initial to Z?

Whiskery
8th Aug 2000, 14:53
Thank you Velvet S for your info regarding the Persian versus Arab. The way you have explained it,from a woman's perspective, makes sense to me now. I have never been the romantic. Are you sure that "mistique" is not Kaptin M's Singapore Mistique? If you ever go to Japan, you may be in for some BIG.....never mind! By the way, Slasher never married that waitress from the Changi Sailing Club, but they may have been engaged for a short time.

Salaam Alakaam, Fouroohi - you are the social climber then? Don't speak arabic but Persian is OK. Royalty too - funny how I never heard of Vala being used as a "regal precede" during my association with the Royal Flight Directorate? I shall be disappointed if this is another furphy VF! Looking forward to reading your book,habibi. Of course I shall borrow it from my local library as I don't wish to support the legal fraternity over there in the good old USA!

Goldwing - your silence on the subject of log book entries indicates you are in agreement with my sentiments - thankyou.

aerobridge - give A my kindest regards, I could never beat him either !

Goldwing2000
8th Aug 2000, 15:21
Now,now Velvetstrokes remember what we said about being personal especially since it was you that was bit**ing about it on this forum.
Gladys,please shed a little more light about this Capt being beaten up,I hope it wasn't because of his botched landing into SFO by the passengers on his flight. Anyways,whats the F/O there for,to take the blow and blame ofcourse!!!! :) :) :)
-------------
I don't need a frontal lobotomy I prefer a bottle infront of me!

Goldwing2000
8th Aug 2000, 15:43
Whiskery, how do we check that anything is bona fide on this forum? What about all the stories that preceded this particular thread,how are you going to check on it's authenticity or are you just going to say there all fabricated? I would like to think that Farside hopefully a chap of integrity would and we're not holding our breath, come up with the goods cos his silence could be construed as all hot air and nothing more!! What's the old adage 'Put up or shut up!' holds true so far and yes we're all still waiting.

--------------
If you do what you always do,you get what you always got!

Gladiator
8th Aug 2000, 19:35
Whiskery do not be ignorant. Arabs speak Arabic, Iranians speak Persian. I am surprised Velvet puurr lived in the gulf and is confused about Arabic vs. Persian. May be She was around the Russians most of the time (while working).

Goldwing 2000, the infamous Captain is ONG HK, Oct 8,96, 9V-SPB. May be he meant to buzz the tower (.... it is time to buzz the tower). I wonder if they keep a log of this sort of thing. Check with ex-/present HKG tower controller/PPRuNe member, Two Dogs.

This Captain while on a trip to San Francisco, went into a bar and inspired to pick up a woman. The woman was the girl friend of the bar owner. Simple really, they beat the crap out of him. Last I heard 13 stiches on the head or something to that effect.

And before I forget one of the Whiskery/Kaptin M/Velvet needs a boyfriend, team members was also beaten up by a hooker. I think, no I am sure it is Classic Dick. I wonder what caused Whiskery and Kaptin M to no longer wear the SIA wings on their jackets? As far as I know SIA has always been short of pilots. Were you boys also beaten up? Or first dismissed, then beaten up?

aerobridge
8th Aug 2000, 20:29
Vala Fouroohi,
You have crossed the line.I do not believe there is one as despicable as you in this world. If there is a God, rest assured you will burn in HELL.

Capt. Ong HK is one of the most well liked person in SIA. I don't know of his IGS approach into HKG. I certainly do know of what happened to him on that fateful day in SFO. Capt. Ong is not a woman chaser. The poor man was the victim of senseless
violence perpetrated by a couple of thugs on the sidewalk just outside the Parc 55 hotel. The hotel management will remember because none of the hotel security staff or otherwise will lift a finger to help the man even though he asked for assistance. He was lucky to be wearing spectacles otherwise his eye would have been severely damaged.

We don't need you, Fouroohi, to slander an innocent person. Capt. Ong is a happily married man and what harm has he done to you? Do you want to ruin a man's family life by lying through your teeth?

It is OK for you say what you want about SIA but please don't destroy other innocent people's reputation. Below is a Zoroastrian prayer to remind you. If you don't
understand it,get your father or relative to translate the prayer for you.

Ahura Mazda Khodae

Ahuramazda Khodae. Ahreman. Awadashan, dur awazdashtar zad shekashteh bad! Ahreman, devan, darujan, jaduan, darvandan,kikan, karafan, sastaran, gunehgaran, ashmogam, darvandan, dushmana frian. Zad shekashteh bad; dush-padshahan awadashan bad;dushmana stoh bad; dushmana awadashan bad.

Ahuramazda Khodae, az hama gunah patet pashemanum, az harvastin dushmata, duzukhta, duzhvarshta, mem pa geti manid,oem goft, oem kard, oem jast, oem bun bud ested.
Az an gunah, manashni, gavashni, kunashni, tani ravani, geti minoani,okhe awaksh pasheman pa se gavashni pa patet hom. Khshnaothra
Ahurahe Mazdao! taroidite Anghrahe
Mainyeush! Haithya varshtam huat vasna ferashotemem. Staomi Ashem.
Ashem Vohu (1). Yatha Ahu Vairyo (2). Ashem Vohu (1).

-Alaska Airlines management please take note. Is this the kind of people you employ?

[This message has been edited by aerobridge (edited 08 August 2000).]

[This message has been edited by aerobridge (edited 08 August 2000).]

VelvetStrokes
8th Aug 2000, 21:59
Ooooooh Goldy so you think that Gladys is the soul of truth, and the personification of verity. puuuuulllleeeaaaseee

Once again, he was vilifying a Singaporean's reputation, just for spite.

Gladys, I've never been confused ('cept by your English at times), and when I was in the Gulf, I never met any Russians. Did meet some very pleasant Iranians, Iraqis, Arabs and others all of whom spoke Arabic, rarely Persian.

Gladiator
9th Aug 2000, 04:02
Aerobridge do not start unless you are prepared to go all the way. Do you want proof of the bar incident?

Would you like me to present what is known as public information here in the US? It is better for you to quit while you are behind if you are worried about the reputation of the (buzz the tower Captain).

My identity or employer is not a secret. My advice to you is do not play if you are not prepared to pay.

You drew first blood.

p.s. I am not interested in your prayer. What language is it anyway?

[This message has been edited by Gladiator (edited 09 August 2000).]

Goldwing2000
9th Aug 2000, 04:51
Like I say folks,two sides to every story and the above posts just goes to prove yours truly is, believe it or not RIGHT.
Ooi Velvet,don't put words in my mouth and certainly don't be a hypocrite when you're judging one person without having all the facts. You must be the only person that's never met a Russian in the middle-east cos there everywhere! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif
Gladys and Aerobridge,all I'll say is you guys better have your story spot on cos there's a huge discrepancy between the both of you. Someone is telling a big porky and the sooner we get to the bottom of this,the better it will be all around.

---------------
Just because we don't get any complaints doesn't mean our parachutes are perfect.

Gladiator
9th Aug 2000, 07:43
Just got off the phone with San Francisco. Aerobridge if you wish to dig in deeper into the San Francisco story be aware that another (happily married) Captain is going to be implicated. His girlfriend in San Francisco tells me everything.

Also be aware that Police records are also public information.

Now lock and load, and decide if you want to engage?

aerobridge
9th Aug 2000, 07:48
Gladiator,
The language of the prayer is in Parsi.
You will pay for what you have done or published maliciously on this website. At the end of the day, you and your public information crap is not going to pay off when you are whacked with a heavy punitive payment for slander and defamation.
I am a third party here. I will leave it to the plaintiff to seek you out.

So be prepared to part with your ill-gotten wealth.

aerobridge
9th Aug 2000, 07:56
Gladiator,
Let me try and understand this. Why are you implicating individuals in SIA? What have they done to you?

I think Alaskan Airlines management should seriously look into you. The state of mind you are in, you may likely cause a very serious accident.

aerobridge
9th Aug 2000, 13:31
Gladiator,

I personally don't have any grudges against you. We all know who you are, what you are and it is no open secret who you work for. All these jabbings of calling and counter calling names are part and parcel of 'fun' in certain ways and also disgust in others. No one gets hurt. If your employer wants to fire you, they would have done so a long time ago. I think they like you. It is not difficult to like you when you say the most beautiful things. Whether or not you meant them is another thing altogether.

It is not right for you to target innocent parties who have no bearings in your fight against SIA. Whether what you allege are true or not, people are going to get hurt. You break up families, there is a heavy price to pay. Do not play with people's emotions.

When SIA seeks justice from you, the Company takes you to court because they have no other alternative. Individual do not necessarily have to take you to court if you ruin their lives. I hope you get my drift and go back to posting "Gladiator vs. SIA" rather than start " Gladiator vs. the crew of SIA"

Don't take this a threat. Take it as a piece of advice because the worst may happen if you play with other people's emotion.

You can run but you can't hide.

It is getting too hot for me so I am out of this thread.

Gladiator
9th Aug 2000, 17:11
A good decision to stay out of this thread. Remember aerobridge you started this. Do not stick your hand in fire or you will get burned.

A Few Good Men
10th Aug 2000, 10:38
Isn't hell subsidiary of SIA holdings,then Gladiator isn't going to hell.

VelvetStrokes
10th Aug 2000, 12:27
Funny think about flames gladys, they are not picky about who they burn. You often used a flame thrower and then when it back-fires you whinge

And you ought to read Capn PPrune's thread in the Wannabees - it applies equally to you. Take aerobridge's really good advice.

Gladiator
10th Aug 2000, 17:33
Please find a boyfriend for alternate form of satisfaction.

Capt Pax
11th Aug 2000, 02:23
Gladiator,

You don't know me, nor I you. I am an American living in Singapore in the high-tech industry, formerly having flight deck experience with the military.

I have cause to fly in and out of SEA frequently on trips back to the 'States. I use Alaska Airlines frequently to connect to my final destination, BOI. After reading your postings for several months, I have come to a conclusion. I will now be specifically asking my travel coordinator to connect me on the UAL flight into LAX, connecting to BOI from there, rather than SEA as I am no longer willing to fly Alaska Airlines.

Their maintenance problems are one of the issues causing me to make this decision, the other is an issue regarding pilots in their employ. Having flown as a professional passenger for the USAF, I have become quite critical of the people in the driver's seat, not only from an hours flown standpoint, but also from a personality assessment view. I don't think it is in my best interest to fly on your employer's airline at the possible risk of being on your pax manifest on a day when you are preoccupied with something said by Kaptain M, Velvet Strokes, Whiskery, Aerobridge or another of the cast of thousands who seem to make it their duty to pitch you as much sh it as possible.

You display a very uneven temper, with a tendency to fixate on things you find not to your liking. You seem unable to restrain yourself when criticized, and resort to agression in lieu of reason when proven wrong.

Mind you, I may be completely wrong in my assessment of you, but remember this...as a customer of Alaska Airlines, I and my travel-mates hold the ultimate judgement. $$$$$$

What you post here has impacts on both sides of the cabin door.

Farside
11th Aug 2000, 02:36
Gladiator, thank you for proofing my point as I stated in the first listing of this deteriorated thread. Just to remind you this is what I wrote:

“The Gladiator broke his bond. And he wanted to get away with it. With a total lack of integrity, the Gladiator was even willing to deliberately lie and damage the reputations of many of his ex-colleagues, just so that he could get away with breaking his bond. These are the facts.”

You are a lose canon, stopping at nothing to ram down your opinion, and also naming and maliciously slandering the reputation of ex-colleagues who have absolutely nothing to do with this. You seem to forget that this is an open forum, You give me no other choice than to close this sad saga so that other people won’t get hurt with your slander.

It is very obvious that you are eaten away by a level of revenge against SIA and your ex-colleagues that has far passed the healthy levels. I suggest that you seek professional help, I also suggest that the management of Alaska Airlines seriously looks into the problems that might arise in employing a pilot with obvious psychological problems. Not exactly the man you want behind the controls.

You also wrote in one of your ramblings that you were our enemy. V.F. you are not our enemy, but you surely made a lot of enemies, and that is something you don’t need in this profession.

Farside
11th Aug 2000, 02:42
Gladiator, thank you for proofing my point as I stated in the first listing of this deteriorated thread. Just to remind you this is what I wrote:

“The Gladiator broke his bond. And he wanted to get away with it. With a total lack of integrity, the Gladiator was even willing to deliberately lie and damage the reputations of many of his ex-colleagues, just so that he could get away with breaking his bond. These are the facts.”

You are a lose canon, stopping at nothing to ram down your opinion, and also name and maliciously slandering the reputation of ex-colleagues who have absolutely nothing to do with this. You seem to forget that this is an open forum, You give me no other choice than to close this sad saga so that other people won’t get hurt with your slander.

It is very obvious that you are eaten away by a level of revenge against SIA and your ex-colleagues that has far passed the healthy levels. I suggest that you seek professional help, I also suggest that the management of Alaska Airlines seriously looks into the problems that might arise in employing a pilot with obvious psychological problems. Not exactly the man you want behind the controls.

You also wrote in one of your ramblings that you were our enemy. V.F. you are not our enemy, but you surely made a lot of enemies, and that is something you don’t need in this profession.

Gladiator
11th Aug 2000, 06:14
Capt PAX as an American you have the freedom to choose. Have a nice day.

Farside do not start what you cannot finish. You and Aerobridge possibly one of the same (Kenny Naboo) started this (approach into Hong Kong followed by a ball game and a $1000 bet).

If you challenge me be prepared to go all the way. As I told aerobridge, stick your hand in fire and you will get burned. It will be better for you to stay off the thread also. Try golf.

Otherwise I would have to bring out the details of the San Francisco saga along with more names, witnesses and police report.
You too have a nice day.

Valhalla 4
11th Aug 2000, 13:36
Gladiator - Vala Fourhoori - why dont we discuss sum of the things about you now. O and by the way Vala is not meaning Prince in Persian only high ranking person, so not your ncase.Such things like you're cannot tell the truth even HH (Iran Air) says this.
Your character is rivealed from your many posts it is the character of a coward.

Patric Ho
11th Aug 2000, 14:32
Doing S/B is boring and it helps to read al the topics on Pprune. I have always been on the sideline but it is time to give my 5 pence worth. Mr. Gladiator is a very disturbed man and needs a lot of attention, and his threats and attacks on innocent people should stop. I agree with some of the writers that his airline should be warned, having a man with his stability among their ranks. With my 17 years of SIA behind me and now working in Japan I have a lot of friends and respect for the parties named in Mr. Gladiator’s writings. I also happened to know the starter of the topic Mr. Fasite, who I would not call him my friend since I know from personal experience that he is very blunt, arrogant and sometimes straight foreword rude. ( I myself was on the receiving end!) But I also have to say in his defense that he is always good for his word, calls a spade a spade, doesn’t need browning points! and is one of the best drivers I’ve flown with. I hope that this bickering on a public forum stops, it makes us all look ugly and stupid.

Rod Eddington
11th Aug 2000, 17:04
as a completely impartial observer i feel i must make these comments:

aerobridge - take a chill pill mate. some of your comments are threatening and quite scary.

farside - you have made a quite serious allegation regarding gladiators performance as a pilot, this is perfectly acceptable providing you can provide evidence to back up your claim. you have been challenged countless times to provide this evidence and have not provided any. in order to retain any credibility whatsoever you have 2 options: firstly, you could retract your allegations and make a full apology to gladiator on this forum; or you could provide the evidence gladiator and many others have challenged you to provide.

[This message has been edited by Rod Eddington (edited 11 August 2000).]

Kaptin M
11th Aug 2000, 19:04
Whoaaa, hang on Rod...farside [as I know him] has FAR, FAR, more credibility than Glad has demonstrated- here on PPRuNE, AND in Singapore Airlines.

Gladdie, has lied, sidestepped, and evasively avoided the direct questions put to him - his credibility is SERIOUSLY questionable!!

Farside has completed several [3, that I'm aware of] contracts....Glad, was unable to fulfil ONE!!!

Let the FACTS speak for themself.

SQ will continue to attract expat pilots who are happy enough to work for a good Airline, for a salary and conditions commensurate with experience.

1-stripper
11th Aug 2000, 19:23
Glady:

I just hope your career at Alaska is not going to be affected by all these interesting threads on Pprune.

[This message has been edited by 1-stripper (edited 11 August 2000).]

VelvetStrokes
11th Aug 2000, 19:52
Rod Eddington - Kaptin M beat me to it. Far from being impartial you show a decided bent towards Gladys. I suggest you read all the threads, including his rather inane threats and insults. He has a propensity towards making spurious claims which he is incapable of backing up, then ignoring perfectly reasonable requests for him to justify them. He has also made scurilous accusations against others, with no justification whatsoever, other than to deflect attention.

I keep being told that I have no knowledge or interest in Singapore or SIA; so I should remove myself from the debates, however, since no-one in this forum knows who I work for or what I do; that displays ignorance of the worst sort.

Goldwing2000
11th Aug 2000, 20:38
Velvet,Kaptin M you guys and gals are bunch of lunatics PERIOD! You attack Rod and he isn't even on the side of Gladys but neither is he on the side of Farside for voicing his opinion on both of them. You just happen to despise anyone that isn't in-cahoutes with your bunch-how bloody sad!
Farside looks like you're not the fellow you lead us to believe you are and we're still waiting for the so called botched approach into HKG. Don't think we're forgotten but I suspect you're all talk and no action when you've accused others of the same.

----------------
Just because we don't get any complaints doesn't mean our parachutes are perfect.

Gladiator
11th Aug 2000, 21:11
Valhalla be careful when using other peoples initials and speaking on their behalf. That is how this whole thing got started. Aerobridge discovered this the hard way.

If Capt. Hossien Haghighi had something to say, he would say it himself. Since he still works there I will not tell you what he thinks of you.

jetwash
12th Aug 2000, 02:37
This is for Farside and Aerobridge. Are you two familiar with the term EGGING SOMEONE ON?
Go back and read your own words. In any event why should you care unless what Gladiator says is true.

Valhalla 4
12th Aug 2000, 04:54
Truly you are the Prince of Fools Gladiator, VF,to name another name on these public place. You have no moral principals when it comes to defending your selfish self.
Yes HH does still work with Singapore Airlines and he represent the slurs and slander you put on all of the Singapore pilots.
Indeed you are the Prince of Fools. VF.

noodles
12th Aug 2000, 06:57
Kaptin M,
Wow, you still judge, at least partially, the Gladiator by his termintaion of employment contract with SIA. You seem to hold in reverance the fact that Farside has completed 3. Completeing an unfair contract does not make you a better person.

Haven't you ever bought goods that needed to be returned? If you have, you too have broken a contract. I would personally admire your assertiveness in fixing the problem.

[This message has been edited by noodles (edited 12 August 2000).]

titan
12th Aug 2000, 07:09
If only you could ALL really see the BIG picture here:
SIA made an art of the tactic of divide and rule. Just look at the situation with the tech crew vs cabin crew, or the local vs expat conditions. While you are so busy getting worked up venting your anger and frusration at each other, SIA's industrial harmony department sleeps peacefully with a smile on its face at night.
This is their MODUS OPERANDI. Nothing pleases them more than having their current and ex, supposedly intelligent and level-headed, pilots reduced to this childish name calling and bickering.
All of us here should be interested in ONE thing, and one thing only - getting to the TRUTH. Sometimes this becomes unpleasant and so we are confronted with cover-ups, but aviation has not been built on cover-ups. So, in the words of Randolph Hearst, "publish and be damned with the consequences".
Farside - factual details on HKG
Gladiator - factual details on SFO

We have ALL screwed up and made mistakes at sometime. Courage is having the grace to admit it and being a caution to others.

Kaptin M
12th Aug 2000, 09:11
Titan, my friend, I believe it is you and Gladiator who aren't seeing the BIG picture. How many airlines have you worked for? Having worked for 5, I can tell you that this is how they ALL work - yes, it is divide and rule...or at least they like to believe that that is what they achieve.

It is by the very posts that "storyman" publishes, and inflamed by Gladiator in particular, that the pilots - past and present - of Singapore Airlines, are breaking into splinter groups. They [storyman, and Gladiator] are achieving exactly that which you purport management are trying to do.

Noodles, your analogy of returning defective goods is not a particularly good one for a couple of reasons: (1)The goods would have been covered by a guarantee explicit, or implied, (2)The goods would have been paid for, by the consumer.

The fact is Gladiator received the goods, used them, and is now being asked for monetary payment [which he guaranteed he would make] in lieu of labor. He is not being asked to do something that is any different to that which the rest of us are asked to do, when we purchase an item.

Gladiator
12th Aug 2000, 12:15
Here we go again, Kaptin M will turn a blind eye to:

Singapore employment law CAP 122, page 37,

11. (2) Either party to a contract of service may terminate such contract of service without notice in the event of any wilful breach by the other party of a condition of the contract of service.

Rod Eddington
12th Aug 2000, 20:09
Velvet Strokes & Kaptin M - my comments were from a completely impartial stance based on what i have read in THIS thread.

As far as i can read from this thread as i stated above - farside has made a rather serious allegation which can be judged as being perfectly valid PROVIDING he is able to provide evidence to back up his arguments - he has repeatedly been asked to provide this on this thread and has so far failed hence my comments above are valid.

i made no reference to the credibility of gladiator and showed no bias towards him/her and if, as you claim, his other posts show him to have litlle credibility, that is fine but this is completely irrelevant to my above posting.

Goldwing2000
13th Aug 2000, 02:13
Boys don't you know that Kaptin M and Velvet are peas of the same pod. Whenever one does a post with a slight leaning towards Gladys eventhough we try to be impartial on this topic we get our heads bitten off, but that doesn't stop him and her spewing BS which keeps us all entertain. He keeps harping back to the bloody contract which he reveres to above everything else on dear planet Earth and forgets that there are other issues that need addressing. Gladys has posted quite a few eye openers but that has obviously sailed above Kaptin M's head as he either doesn't read very much or loosess concentration far too easily. Why not say something to Farside as his credibilty now has completely been eroded. May I suggest using a different approach as the old one is i) too boring ii)a little long in the tooth.
Oh, by the way, we all see the Big picture fine,it's you that need some new glasses. :)

-----------------

Kaptin M
13th Aug 2000, 02:58
Goldie, it is not the contract that I revere above [note] above all else, but rather, that accepting the terms and conditions of the same, and then signing it, IS what I do hold to be of value. This is the very essence of Gladiator's problem.

You say that Glad has posted a few eye openers - and for those who are/or are about to enter legal battle with SQ, I'm sure he has. However, some of the "eye openers" have also been posted to "shock" the gullible ones, and are lacking in veracity. Obviously Goldie, you are one of those gullible few, as you admit to being entertain [sic] by BS.

I admit that if your interpretation of "seeing the BIG picture" means breeching a contract, AND having to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars - yes, I don't see it.

BTW, Farside really wouldn't give a rat's about your collective opinion of him. Gladiator has demonstrated his [lack of] credibility many times over - and has been caught out. No doubt, even if Farside did post the date, and aircraft rego, Glad will deny it vehemently, just as he denies responsibilty for his undertaking to pay SQ for failure to complete the contract. If he won't honor a signed legal document, what are the chances he's going to tell the truth here, about a botched approach and landing into Hong Kong!

Patric Ho
13th Aug 2000, 07:49
This posting here is fun!!I was having a drink last night with another ex batch mate and SIA F/E working here with us in Japan and the discussion shortly deteriorated towards prune. I told of my adventures step on this forum and my old friend, who only wants to be known as Mr. W , said that he shared my opinion on Farsite , and that he had made a flight with him a long time ago to HKG, RWY 13, where the FO was flying the approach. He said that only at the last 400 ft Farsite took over the controls because the FO was not in the slot. ( It was real bad because he could still remember it.) We don't keep a logbook anymore and he could still remember that the FO went out with a local girl, and was either South European or somewhere from the Middle East. He spent the rest of the trip explaining what went wrong, and why it was not his fault. If he remembers correctly there was an observer (staff) in the jump seat. Could this be the flight we are talking about Farsite??? Aviation is a small world .

EasyGo-Lucky?
13th Aug 2000, 08:44
Please can the SFO incident be dropped, the Capt involved does not deserve to be dragged through the mud. There are far more deserving Capts at SIA who need the Gladiator treatment.

Out of interest, when I hear so much regarding contract breakage, who here was actually employed as a Second or First Officers on Local Terms? If you were employed as a Capt on Expat Terms do you really think you understand what prompted so many to leave? I don't think anyone joined during the Glad years with the intent of obtaining a type rating and then leaving. The majority arrived with great expectations and they AND their families were greatly disappointed, broke, disillusioned and in the end desperate. We were not welcome in SIA or Singapore so why on earth, given those circumstances, should anyone remain. A contract that was constantly changing at SIAs whim is not sufficient to hold someone to 9 years misery. SIA did not play fair so why should their ex-pilots?

So when posting here regarding Glad or others employed under similiar circumstances, lets state that the views you are expressing are those of a comfortably off, nicely housed, Capt on Expat Terms whos four bars never exposed him to the treatment that Glad and others endured.

Gladiator
13th Aug 2000, 12:41
Mr. Ho you are mirroring Farside and claims that held no water with Farside. I never flew a sector into HKG, ever, on the 743. Be prepared with a date, and aircraft number when making such a claim.

The flight engineer in your story has consumed too much chili. Do not start again as the result will not be pleasant. Farside and aerobridge learned the hard way.

Do not challenge me unless you are prepared to go all the way.

Turtlenest
13th Aug 2000, 21:45
I think KAL also got two pods on the landing that made Aviation Week.

Patric Ho
14th Aug 2000, 02:49
Mr. Gladiator you watch to many John Wayne movies. But this is the real world where cheep liars are exposed!
Have a nice day!

Gladiator
14th Aug 2000, 11:38
Date and aircraft number. Either FIRE or CLEAR.

I am sorry if the Singapore Airlines vs. Gladiator legal postings hurts your feelings. Stand up like a man and accept reality.

VelvetStrokes
15th Aug 2000, 00:46
Good lord Gladys, my first reaction was complete disbelief that even you could consider posting such a stooooopid sentence. I know you are a legend in your own mind, but reality is not something you know anything about.

I have edited this as I have no wish for Prune to be involved in any dispute arising from this forum connected with my postings

[This message has been edited by VelvetStrokes (edited 15 August 2000).]

Alfredo_Garcia
15th Aug 2000, 02:58
VelvetStrokes,
What is your purpose on this forum?
Having followed your posting over the last few months, you seem determined to denigrate anything written by Gladiator, Titan, Storyman et al.
If you are actually who you say you are, then you have no idea what those guys went through and you should retire gracefully to a forum that discusses things with which you are familiar. If, however, you have a seperate agenda, then please let everyone know otherwise your postings on matters concerning Gladiator and Titan lack any credibility as you are not qualified.
You seem to hold dear the need to be professional and polite on the forum, yet your recent postings have included:

1) Personal attacks on the ability and use of written English, even though the members involved have made no secret of the fact that English is not their first language.

2) The schoolboy (schoolgirl?) habit of resorting to purile name-calling such as "Gladys" and "Tits" in an effort to score points. A well thought out reply would serve you better.

3) The use of monetary threats against an individual. I doubt your employer would look too kindly on your unilateral decision/threat to stop using an airline simply because you have a personal dislike for one of the pilots pseudonyms.

I doubt that any of the individuals concerned will be too bothered by anything that post, but do please try to keep things above the playground level.

Farside
15th Aug 2000, 05:44
I know that it sounds like a broken record but the following paragraph is the essence of the case as I wrote it when we started this whole thing. Let me for the last time repeat it once more.

“Option C): Now, option C) is an interesting one, since the Gladiator suddenly realized, (after 6 years of flying with SIA), that flying for SIA was in fact “a very dangerous thing to do”. (The Gladiator’s words). With a sudden flash of insight, the Gladiator now decided that the airline was actually breaking many rules and regulations, and that many crews were operating in an unsafe way. (Again, the Gladiator’s words). And this is where I make my point about selective memory. To defend himself in court, and to deflect attention away from the fact that he had broken his bond with SIA, the Gladiator tried to make arguments about the airline’s operation and safety. But let’s not forget the facts. The Gladiator was in court because he had left SIA without paying his bond. Nothing to do with the airline’s operations. The Gladiator broke his bond. And he wanted to get away with it. With a total lack of integrity, the Gladiator was even willing to deliberately lie and damage the reputations of many of his ex-colleagues, just so that he could get away with breaking his bond. These are the facts.”

It is interesting that this was written before Gladiator started to name and discredit ex colleagues in totally unrelated cases. His proven technique is to scream, insult and shout and throw around a lot of **** , in the hope that some would stick and divert attention from the real case. Your P1 performance is of no interest to me, only a little reminder between you and me that you have to be careful to judge, if you obviously do not have the talents to judge other pilots.

I am out of here because it is boring now and I will not spent one more minute trying to score points with a person of the known integrity of Farouhi. He is just a cheat and bitter twisted person. Last thing I say about this. I salute all the other guys in here, who made the first few days interesting and Mr Ho thank you for your telephone call at least we know we got the facts right about Gladiator and what happened on our layover in ANC was uncalled for, I was a jerk, it won’t happen again, I am really sorry. ( This is not a joke!!)

P.S. The real reason I am out of here is because I am still licking my wounds from the hard lessons I learnt from Gladiator .(His words!) I hope that our Gladiator is smart enough to know that this was a joke.

VelvetStrokes
15th Aug 2000, 16:51
AG - if as you say you have read this forum, then you should understand the background. As for whether I have a right in this forum, yes, as a much travelled passenger (including journeys to the Far East) and concerned individual, to question the judgement of pilots who appear unstable. Additionally, I have a duty to my people to ensure their safety when travelling.

As to whether you are a cover for someone else (which appears likely) or totally new makes no difference, you have a right to post your opinion. Pity you do not give the same courtesy to others.

It is impossible not to know what these guys went through, Gladiator in particular has posted ad nauseum his exploits and legal wrassles with SQ

Since you do not know my background, do not presume to tell me I have no business here, nor that I have no knowledge of his circumstances (or that I cannot comprehend what he went through).

His nickname is common, not only to me. I accept that English is not his first language and, therefore, he should not criticise others in its use when he does it badly and with considerable errors. Actually, I don't call him or anyone 'tits' but perhaps you overlooked that in your zeal to post. However, if you wish to leap to the defence of the innocent, try reading dispassionately all his diatribes, from the ones against Singapore Airlines all the way through to his completely unwarranted attack on a perfectly good officer.

Farside, I agree. It's been fun but I too weary of Gladiator and his pals complete and utter inability to face reality. I have seen his posts degenerate from an apparent legitimate grievance into mud-slinging against individuals and it's time to call a halt. One cannot use reason with people determined to prove they are superior.

[This message has been edited by VelvetStrokes (edited 15 August 2000).]

Gladiator
17th Aug 2000, 10:48
Were you drinking when you made your last post in this thread Farside?

Velvet find a boyfriend to keep you busy.

VelvetStrokes
22nd Aug 2000, 04:51
Gladys, you seem obsessed with getting me a boyfriend. So much so, that I have to ask why - have you some perverted idea that you could fill that role.

Unlike you, my life is not filled with bitter regrets for what might have been. All in my life is good.

However, try not to get too depressed that you have not a hope in hell of achieving even one tenth of what I have, but such is life.

Alfredo_Garcia
22nd Aug 2000, 21:16
VelvetStrokes,

I have no reason to doubt that you are a high-acheiver but so are a lot of the contributors to Pprune, and not solely in the field of aviation.

However, this is a professional pilots forum and the subject matter in hand has nothing to do with what you have or will acheive in your particular area of expertise.

I'm sure there are plenty of other forums out there in which you are well qualified to participate in, but this is not one of them.

The theme of this thread is SIA and Gladiator, not your considerable acheivements and lovelife. Unless you can contribute with some form of relevant and constructive material then please leave it to those who know what they are talking about.

titan
23rd Aug 2000, 05:10
Velvet:
you wrote "unwarranted attack on a perfectly good officer". Hmmmm, I must object to your use of the term "perfectly good officer". It reeks of infatuation. Human frailties are of a universal quality. Sadly, even your hero LKY will be nothing but a dirty old man if you dig deep enough.

Patrick Ho:
you wrote "We don't keep a logbook anymore and he could still remember that the FO went out with a local girl"
Come on, lets not drift off with the pixies. Why would you not keep your log book? This is the pilot's bible; the only record he has in retirement that he actually did something in his life; his only monument against inconsequence.

This Sugject has become a Mexican standoff. All Gladiator wants is a date and aircraft registration. Why is that so hard to get?
Gents, creditability has to be earned. Gladiator earned his by taking on SIA and walking out the other side alive, well, and not destitute. Farside, Patrick, Velvet etc, - its time to try a little fact rather than fantasy.

[This message has been edited by titan (edited 23 August 2000).]

Gladiator
23rd Aug 2000, 09:09
Titan there is no need for a date and aircraft number, it does not exist. Farside already posted that "this whole thing was just a joke".

titan
25th Aug 2000, 10:17
Whats happened?

Is Farside admitting to lying about Gladiator by his lack of response?

Is Velvet miffed about the "perfect man" thing. Now that reminds me of a poster I saw of a cobweb covered female skeleton in high heels and handbag sitting on a park bench with the caption "a good woman waiting for a good man to come along"

And just where is Patrick's logbook. Is Patrick retired? Does Patrick even exist? Come in Patrick!

Or has SIA banned its employees from using Pprune? There certainly seems to be a few of them that have landed in hot water recently by letting their emotions run shotgun.

Gladiator - what do you make of it?

Kaptin M
25th Aug 2000, 15:39
Answer #1 : Truth revealed

Answer #2 : No

Answer #3 : Velvet has standards. Unfortunately Titanic, you and Glad are WELL outside her green band!! [I've had the advantage of seeing, and speaking, with her]

Answer #4 : No..Patric is not retired. He still resides in Singapore, and he stiil remembers you guys as Non-achievers!!

Answer #5 : SIA wouldn't ban its employees from PPRuNe, because of you two. Wishful thinking to the extreme.

Answer #6 : "I hate SIA...I hate SIA....I hate SIA...I hate SIA errr, what's that Pavvie? Of course I'm NOT obsessed!!!!!!!!!"

Gladiator
25th Aug 2000, 21:34
Well, Farside (a Ku-Lee) says he is an expat. He is not. Patric, John Barnes and the rest were just bull sh*t. There was never a HKG sector, no flight engineer. Just a poor attempt to embarrass me.

Kaptin M (agent M) works at SIA but he is not a pilot (remember when the legal details were posted he wanted to be spoonfed).

Kaptin M
25th Aug 2000, 22:34
So Glad, as you like to play it...let's put the cards on the table...

More than once, you have asserted that I am NOT a pilot...and more than once, you have stated that I [currently] work for SIA..

NOW, PROVE your assertations!!

You will not be able to - because on both counts YOU ARE WRONG!!!

Let's stick to the known, proven facts...then we'll ALL be more the wiser.

Gladiator
26th Aug 2000, 10:52
Why did you want to be spoonfed, did you not understand them?

Whiskery
26th Aug 2000, 13:53
Come on Gladys, get your tank out of reverse gear. I would like to see you take up Kaptain M's challenge. I shall adjudicate and I will do it PRO NOBO for you habibi!

You have never resisted a challenge before and I know you're a gambling man!

Why the hesitation,the sudden pregnant pause?

titan
26th Aug 2000, 14:37
I see that you have been touched by the devil M. Anyway, I am glad that we hadn't lost you and you are now back in the fray. I need you for my cause.
Regarding Patrick Ho, I definitely can't remember him, and I'm sure that if he were a man of any significance he would talk on his own behalf.
As I stated before M, when we had that long chat in the chat room a few weeks ago we were basically in agreeance with each other on most matters. Getting nasty, name calling and puffing your feathers out because you now know what everyone else has known since day one, does not really lend yourself to respectability.
Do I hate SIA? That's silly emotional talk. This is simply business. SIA is in the business of destroying me, and I retaliate by doing likewise. If you want to dumb it down, think back to the children's playground where the kids with the biggest inferiority complex ended up becoming the bullies. SIA is a bully. Gladiator stood up and punched them in the nose and they went crying home back to Singapore, never having the courage to take on Gladiator in the real world. I am simply taking this a step further. With nothing to lose, I intend to set a precedance under Common Law for all who reside within the Commonwealth; and that includes you M.
Think about it logically M, the average Singaporean knows zilch about the law. Law simply means authority to them, and they find that terrifying. They cannot believe that the Law is actually there for the good of the common man. Now take a real close look at the people in management at SIA, look hard and you will see a bunch of very average people, most of who suffered from childhood inferiority problems. But above them lies a Board of Directors, and above them an Auditors Committee, and above them an entire Government structure. It all becomes quite intimidating. "Why" I hear you ask, because this has now become a government to government issue, and the very average people in SIA Ops will end up having quite some explaining to do.

Have a great weekend.

ironbutt57
26th Aug 2000, 15:18
well said glad...but the problem is velvet already has a girlfriend it's kaptin m...if you know a bloke named ty fullerton tell him i said hi!

Whiskery
26th Aug 2000, 16:21
Nev, what is this "precedent" you intend to set for Commonwealth countries or are you bound to secrecy under a 13 page agreement?

Patric Ho is a man of few words and you will never see him in a "bar room" scrap such as this. He would not consider himself a man of significance, but could hold his own over someone like you in any debate!

You and your mate Glady's identity has been known for longer than you think Tits, it's just we never got nasty,name called or puffed our feathers out over that fact because it was NO big deal!

I am pleased that you and Kaptin M were in agreement over most matters discussed in the chat room. I too find him a very agreeable chap when the "matters" discussed are intelligible,logical and the truth. I have known the Kaptin for many,many years and he does not tolerate fools (unless they are Aussies). I was hoping the "Sheikh" was going to take up his challenge but even the Gladiator knows his limitations.

A small piece of advice. Do not assume that the "average" Singaporean is ignorant of the law and it's application. I found out,the hard way,it is not as intimidating to them as we Westerners initially perceive. They have a very high respect for the law which can sometimes be mistaken as "fear" to the uninitiated. I called a Singaporean's bluff on that assumption one day and lost. He was my landlord and we are good mates now - still send one another Xmas cards each year!
Finally,if ever the guys out at SIA Ops have some explaining to do, you can bet they will have had the best briefing,by the best QC's in Singapore before they do.

Keep the Faith:]

Kangar
26th Aug 2000, 20:47
Guys,
I have observed the various rantings and counter rantings about SIA, and I still cannot fathom one thing. Why, given the amount of disgruntled escapees and the amount of evidence you yourselves seem to possesson the activiies of SIA, do you persist on what is by and large a rumour mill. Given that you have bloodied SIA's nose in the courts (Glads)in the past, I'm sure you could handle anything they would attempt, if you were to go to a wider audience, e.g. some of the daily broadsheets, they'd jump on your story. As it stands, yours is just a feeble campaign with a handful of followers, on the net, why not take it to a medium where content by its nature must be true, this would have more impact?
Keep it going.............

Gladiator
26th Aug 2000, 20:53
Titan you missed out the fact that majority have little education.

Order by intimidation and fear. You can have it mate.