PDA

View Full Version : Concorde Grounding

MadDogMcQ
1st Jul 2001, 21:13
I was under the impression that Concorde was due to be announced as "airworthy" some time in April but that's been and gone.

Anyone got any updates or URL's for further information??

Regards,

Mad Dog.

Flintstone
1st Jul 2001, 21:17
Read an article last week showing the rollout of the first aircraft to be kitted out with kevlar tanks, armoured wiring etc.

I think the latest return to service date was said to be 'late summer'.

Norfolk and airspeed
2nd Jul 2001, 04:09
Latest I heard was that the first BA Concorde to be modified with Kevlar fuel tank liners and armoured u/c wiring had been towed from the maint. hanger and would be ready for test flights in about 3 weeks. I'd guess that the three Concordes BA say they require to provide a daily LHR/JFK service will be ready/certified by October.

Personally I can't wait - I need something to wake me up at 1045 each day :)

Blacksheep
2nd Jul 2001, 08:26
Certification will be done in a jiffy. It should only take the Anglo-French Airworthiness Authorities a couple of years this time around.

Through difficulties tto the cinema

newswatcher
2nd Jul 2001, 17:49
London's "Evening Standard" reports testing as early as next Monday, but not able to corroborate this elsewhere.

gordonroxburgh
2nd Jul 2001, 17:52
I am under the impression tht the 1st test flight on the modified aircraft (G-BOAF) will take place next week, although this has yet to be officially confirmed.

I think the flight will be out of Heathrow to an RAF base for tests. They will use an RAF base rather than using up vaulable Heathrow slots and also to get out of the gaze of the public (...and tabloid media).

MadDogMcQ
2nd Jul 2001, 23:22
Thanks for the info guys!
Any further news as events happen would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mad Dog McQ
[email protected]