PDA

View Full Version : zed id 90 travel

b737400
9th May 2008, 12:31
i recently travelled via dubai on id 90 zed ticket. the dnata staff at transfer desk C in dubai airport was not only rude but extremely arrogant.he even mentioned that "staff ticket pax has no rights even to speak".
why does id ticketed pax often treated badly.
id travel is a PRIVILAGE of all airline staff (subject to load).he made me feel as though that he is doing charity work .
i believe that pax handling agents should be educated to treat all id ticket staff as same as a regular customer,afterall we are still paying for the ticket.

Panama Jack
9th May 2008, 14:37
It is unfortunate to hear your experience, I probably would have asked to see a supervisor. Yes, there is a non-rev code-of-etiquette, however, there are also basic manners.

I disagree with you on the point of it being a privledge though. Staff Travel benefits are exactly that-- part of my benefit package working for an airline, along with the other benefits such as medical and dental coverage, my salary and allowances, paid vacation, etc. It is part of the total sum and one reason why some other airlines (such as LCC's) are not attractive as prospective employers to me.

Desert Diner
9th May 2008, 14:43
I would venture to guess that the rude Dnata staff member was a TCN from the subcontinent.

Nothing racist, just something I have noticed about the Indians working at Dnata.

dubble_dubble
9th May 2008, 15:55
Ive had the same experience with EY @ YYZ airport when travelling w.ID 90...extremely arrogant and they treat you as if you're dirt...

My dad once put the guy (indian guy) in his place in a very well educated manner ..shud've seen the look on the guy's face...some ppl have the need to exert authority over others. Very very low class IMO.

dbl

b737400
9th May 2008, 16:58
i would agree with panama jack.its our benefit and yes this guy looks like from the subcontinent.would making a official complain to dnata make any changes.?
in my many years of flying..i have never came across ground handling staffs requesting for jump seat or even waiting for the last minute for a seat!!!
why?? do they travel firm all the time or dont they travel at all??
probably the manipulate the system to get a seat....

Fred Garvin M.P.
9th May 2008, 17:12
Just out of curiousity, how was your attitude towards him/her when you walked up and checked in? If it was a genial attitude, polite, and not arrogant or demanding, than I agree that you were treated inappropriately (welcome to stand-by travel). However, if you came up to the counter with an attitude of "you owe me this", then maybe you set the guy off. Don't know, wasn't there, and this is not an attack on you from me by any means. I do know that there are usually two sides to every story.

b737400
10th May 2008, 04:15
well mr fred...how do u think any staff with id ticket's attitude would be?
i have never came across anyone with id with "u owe me " attitude.
we always try to smile..make small talk and be extremely polite..as to get the seat is utmost important.
mostly its the guy behind the desk attitude of " its my seat..i will give it to you only if i like you" or "please beg for the seat".
ask any flight crew ( pilots and cc as well)..its always a tedious process,however my encounter in dub was horrible.
we are all educated well and enpowered with crm skills...cant say the same content for some ground handling people.
i agree with two side to the coin....this is my side.....guess which side the supervisor of the ground handling staff will take?