PDA

View Full Version : Whiskery vs Titan

titan
21st Nov 2000, 19:04
No doubt many of you may have noticed a certain animosity between myself and Whiskery lately. Whiskery been acting in what I believe to be an unethical manner.

I keep a flight log book where I record the times, crew names, incidents and maintenance status of each aircraft I fly. I consider this a good practice. Many times I have been quizzed by an employer over an incident that may have occurred many months previous. There are also many occasions when certain idiosyncrasies of an aircraft are noted but not justified as a defect log entry. These cn then be monitored. Any entry of note is always shared with the other crew member.

Anyway, I left my flight book on an aircraft back in July and somehow between then and the time it came back by internal company mail a week later Whiskery got his hands on it and read it. He has since been making snide remarks about his endeavours here on Pprune ever since.

This is my personal diary.

I do not know who Whiskery's true identity is. I consider his behaviour pathetic and childish and more suited to a primary school playground than here on Pprune.

Gladiator
21st Nov 2000, 20:18
Why do you even bother with Mr. Walker. If I were you I would ignore him. He uses PPRuNe for entertainment. Just ignore him.

PILLOW
23rd Nov 2000, 07:31
whinge whinge whinge

How does it feel to be on the receiving end

Whiskery
24th Nov 2000, 05:59
Habibi,why so formal?

I don't rub shoulders with "high ranking SIA officials" but no need for Mr or Captain,you can still call me Johnny.

Kaptin M
28th Nov 2000, 15:43
Many times I have been quizzed by an employer over an incident that may have occurred many months previous.

You sound like a problem looking for somewhere to happen, titan - self confessed.

But if you don't know who Whiskery is, how do you know that he got his hands on it? It may have been one of those party entertainment attractions, where everybody had a read and a chuckle.

Sounds as though Whiskery might be a little higher up the food chain than you, so be careful :)

greybeard
29th Nov 2000, 07:48
Kaptin M, many companies, in my own experience, will call up the Captain about any flight, up to months later and ask "DO you remember?"
In front of the caller is the VR, Tech Log page, DD book and as many pages of "Other Information" as they may have gathered from all others who were involved.
NOW, if you have a small lapse in the accuracy of your recollections the matter can be uncomfortable. Indeed who can remember what we had for dinner a week ago as at THAT time it was unimportant and probably still is!
The real point is that those details of a flight may keep your heart rate/ulcer under control when the "CRUEL SHEPHERD" calls as they do and will if you are even perceived to be "Blameable" in any punishment orientated inviroment.

Whiskery
29th Nov 2000, 11:24
greybeard-there are no "CRUEL SHEPHERDS" in NJS. Perth flight department are top blokes and KD and IS are a couple of nature's gentlemen.

Keeping a log with SQ & Saudia however was advisable.

Keep the faith:]

[This message has been edited by Whiskery (edited 29 November 2000).]