PDA

View Full Version : hayfever and summer colds

thereceiver2004
8th May 2008, 21:34
Hi all.. time of year again.. was reading that this year the pollen count is going to be higher than normal and combine this with an increase in diesel fumes from an increase in diesel powered vehicles on the roads.. people who suffer from hayfever will be in for a bad time.

My question once upon a time any medication to control hayfever was banned

I heard non-drowsy anti histamines were allowed by the CAA..

Whats the current information with CLASS ONE and hayfever... phoned CAA and they could not disclose anything on the phone

Thanks in advance

gingernut
10th May 2008, 06:40
May be best trying a search, I'm pretty sure this was covered about a year ago- try putting "loratidine" or "pollen" in the search bar.

Don't underestimate the power of non pharmacological measures, (vaseline round the nostrils, rinsing the palate, splashing the eyes etc), and talk to your ame about local solutions (nasal steroids/sodium cromoglycate drops), as these do appear to work well.

If you do get the go-ahead for taking an antihistamine, please consider a couple of trials prior to flying- the non-drowsy claiming meds don't always do what they say on the box.

Out of interest, is there pollen at altitude, or is it more of a problem descending/ascending?