View Full Version : Discount Code for National Express?

Dom Joly
8th May 2008, 19:39
Hi all

Have to get to another airport at short notice. National Express works out cheapest method. When I spoke to them, they said I am entitled to an 'Air Crew Discount' and need to show my airside pass on boarding. However to get the code she said I need to speak to my HR Dept.

Unfortunately, I fear the price will go up by the time my HR Dept open. I'm with bmi, although I don't think that the code will be any different between airlines. If anyone (especially bmi crew) can post the promotional code or alternatively PM me, I'd be very grateful:ok:

Thanks

AEUENG
8th May 2008, 20:09
They made me show my airport ID and then gave me a young persons discount card to enable them to levy a discount, you will just have to try at the bus station chap. good luck.

Once you have your young persons discount card, that will be the number that you enter on their website to enable the "aircrew discount"

Hope this helps.

Dom Joly
8th May 2008, 20:21
Thanks AEUENG.

Definitely useful for next time.

Unfortunately, I can't take the risk of turning up to try and get the discount, as I won't then have internet access to book the ticket plus I run the risk of the coach selling out in the interim.

Useful advice though to others who are not so pushed for time. Thanks:)

Tiger
8th May 2008, 20:40
Discount with National Express is available and there was something about showing your ID to the driver and you get a discount but this was a few years back.

There are 2 discounts on the coaches.
You can buy a discount card for £5 which lasts a year and you book on the internet or via CBS LHR as a young persons discount. You get a couple of quid off the full fare.

Then there is the airport commuter. That is a season ticket to any of the London BAA airports LHR LGW STN.
website is airport-commuter which will give you all the details.

Tiger
8th May 2008, 20:42
btw fare unlikely to go up as they tend to be fixed.
coaches between airports are frequent and rarely run full.
What route are you looking at?

wiggy
10th May 2008, 01:09
If you are looking to commute between LHR and LGW on a regular basis then you can get a wallet of ten open tickets for £99 (vs the single of around £18). ID doesn't help on this route.