PDA

View Full Version : Conakry Airport - Handling Agents

Skywalker4551
8th May 2008, 17:42
Hi All

Can anybody help please, I have a 747 charter going down to Conakry tomorrow (Southern Air sub leased to Ethiopian), and Ethiopian are asking me who the handling agent is at Conakry. I think the handling agent should be the carriers responsibilty, (I would be disinclined to put my aircraft in the hands of someone I didn't know), but they seem to think not.

If anyone cann help with the name or contact details for a handling agent I would be very grateful.

Steve

Gards
8th May 2008, 18:23
Sorry I can not give you the exact name of the agent in Conakry. However getting a hold of the UN Air Section might prove to be useful. I was flying a Dash 7 in and out of in October from Monrovia. Sorry can not be anymore help. Cheers!

P.S. Watch out for the mosquitos I contracted Malaria there and it set me down for 2 weeks!

Kitoro Kid
9th May 2008, 10:06
If you are the ACMI provider , it should be ET who arrange handling? its there operation , and assume their load your taking into CKY.
But good luck with CKY , and dont expect to get much change from $30,000 USD for the all ground fees for a B747 , from previous exp...

If you want somebody to rep the flt for you in CKY and arrange everything , PM me and will give you details , it might be cheaper that way , at least you will not get ripped off with every man and his dog coming to the aircraft with bogus bills to be paid , with the threat of the aircraft being grounded

Good luck

VP8
10th May 2008, 00:55
If its not too late.........we use this guy

PROBIZ GUINEA
Mr Alpha Diallo
[email protected];[email protected]
Tel 224 64 812715 / 60472480 (Ops)
Tel 224 60593366
Fax 224 30 433205

Veeps

Nkosi4750
17th May 2008, 19:59
Mate too late for your trip, but went there last year, a frightening experience and I do most of my flying in Africa.

We were held on the apron for 9 hrs as the expected landing fees seemed to have doubled since we arrived.

Look out for the drive to hotel, not pleasant.