PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways mulls launch of budget carrier

Scottishjockey
8th May 2008, 11:54
[URL="http://www.arabianbusiness.com/518768-qatar-airways-may-launch-a-budget-carrier"]

Another one potentially enters the market..... so where do we get the crews.. will it be budget airlines, budget pilots..... lets face it with soaring inflation and VAT around the corner for the whole region attracting the 'best of the best' will not be an easy task... I know, a cadet programme!.... Me thinks airline selection for travel in this region will need a bit more thought... but what the hell do I know... could always do a CPLl/IR and give up the day job....

Hurrah the weekend starts now

Rabbitwear
8th May 2008, 12:11
EK and Qatar will go on a rampage and buy other carriers liquidate them and send all the pilots to the Middle East . Easy fix and lowers the competition.

Fat Clemenza
8th May 2008, 17:00
Remeber the days when AAB used to say "No way, we wil never enter the lowcost market????"

OrryFace
8th May 2008, 18:41
ho ho, I laughed til I stopped. And just like 'TED' from United they could call it 'QAT' (pronounced Khat (Catha edulis, family Celastraceae), pronounced "cot" and also known as qat)Its fresh leaves and tops are chewed or, less frequently, dried and consumed as tea, in order to achieve a state of euphoria and stimulation.
Yep, that's what we need...bring it on!