PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Management Position in Flight Operations

Whenwe
8th May 2008, 11:12
This is not a rumour. I am in the process of getting my police clearance and medicals for our sponsored contributory parents visa to Australia.
My son, living in Sydney, is the sponsor. The visa cost is just short of $60K, converting to the current sliding SA Rand is going to set me back a lot of money.
Thats fine but it will make the final decision a lot easier if I can have job on my arrival. I have been told there is a law that does not discriminate against age. I am 70 yrs old, Have been in aviation all my life and I reckon I can still pass my ATP medical Last one passed 2003.
Currently employed as Quality Assurance Manager for an Airline, Director Flight Operations, Flight Simulator Instructor, Flight Operations Inspector Airline Command and I still have a pasion for flying.
Please PM me if you think I might be able to help and I will send my CV. You will not regret it. Thanks.

Mach E Avelli
8th May 2008, 23:20
The law does not discriminate against age but people do. A fit 70 year old could find a management job in QA or somesuch, no problem. But the chance of any flying other than light aircraft instructing is zilch, zero, nada. A few of the flying schools could be interested but first you would need an instructor rating that can be converted, or you would have to sign up with the school and do the whole enchilada. CASA does not recognise airline check and training approvals as instructor ratings. I know, have tried that path, got nowhere.

Whenwe
9th May 2008, 05:31
Thank you to all of you who PM'ed me.
Greatly appreciated. I will respond to you during the weekend. :ok:

Thanks
ww

Buster Hyman
9th May 2008, 06:47
Crikey! $60K just to get in the door!!! Good luck mate!!!:ok: