PDA

View Full Version : PPL instruction in my own plane

Lost in Cloud
8th May 2008, 10:10
Hi all

I have bought a share in my own aircraft to finish my PPL and hour build for CPL. It works out a lot cheaper! Anyway to complete my PPL I will need to hire an instructor, I have checked with the flying school I am currently with and they charge £55 p/h for the instructor :eek: I think this is a little high and could probably find someone who would do it cheaper!? Not too worried about continuity with my current flying instructor as I have only done 3 hours with him and the school, the rest was done elsewhere a few years ago.

However how does this then get recorded and approved in the sense that all training must be carried out a registered facility or approved centre? Is it the airfield that is a registered facility or the individual flying schools? I am currently flying from Barton aerodrome in Manchester. Any help, info, advice or personal experiences would be appreciated.

Anyone know or are themselves an instructor around the Manchester area?

Thanks

radicalrabit
9th May 2008, 15:41
When I went there a few months back I approached the people just to the left as you turn off the main road and was quoted £25 per hour for an instructor.

There are a few there, ask them all.

What are you training in? I found I had to get transport cat C oF A to allow it to be used for training but I think the new EASA covers anything. No doubt someone will be along to put you right if that isnt actually the case. Just had to re check the insurance covered PPL training and solo flights as some companies dont.

Good luck anyway :ok:

A and C
9th May 2008, 17:40
The new EASA C of A covers the aircraft for trainning provided that it is maintaned to public transport standards, so no PPL 50 hour checks and no engine extention past TBO+20%.

As to insurance I have yet to see an aviation policy that won't cover the owner for trainning (or a licenced engineer for test flights) but check the small print just in case.